My girlfriend's weight gain

spacemouse08

She has made mentions about wanting to lose some weight, but seems to lack the motivation or effort to actually do it. She says she should cut down on takeaways on the like, but a couple hours will be craving McDonalds or an Indian or the like. So the weight stays as it is, and I love it.

One of the things that is annoying her the most, and making her want to lose weight, is the fact that all her clothes are getting tight. A lot of her tops no longer fit around her quite larger tummy. If she does have a bit of a freak out about her weight, it stems from an occurrence like this. But she still has no effort to make them fit again, which I'm not going to complain about!

This sounds very familiar. Both the lack of real effort and clothes being one of the biggest problems. Anyway, always remember that most women these days have been "programmed" for most of their life to freak about about any increase in weight and to many of them it's more like ordinary "how are you" than a real problem. Especially when they know their SO likes them the way they are.

You are living the dream man. My wife's weight fluctuates a little bit during her cycle and she seems to be at her heaviest when she's ovulating. I just bought her a leg press machine in our gym so she can bulk up her thighs. I think you definitely are going about it the right way. Transparency is key. I agree that her going to the gym can be a good thing as well, both for health purposes and for your pleasure. She can add and subtract in places you like, keep her cardiovascular system healthy and most importantly feel less guilty about eating. It's a real win win.

Last night, she weighed herself again and she has maintained at 85.5kg. She then went on to check her BMI and discovered this put her on the verge of obesity and had a bit of a freak out about that, I had to reassure her that it is not the only indicator of health and that she shouldn't overly worry about it, and after a period of this reassurance she began to calm down again.

When she doesn't weigh herself I think she actually enjoys her gain - she loves the bigger boobs and larger butt, and she has days where she loves her body. But then the scales will show her a higher number than she is used to, and that causes a freak out. She has noticed this trend and so we have come to a conclusion that we will get rid of the scales for a month and she will not weigh herself. This way she can enjoy her food and her body without worrying too much, to focus on improving her self image. She puts so much stock in a simple number and so I am hoping that over the next month she begins to focus on what she actually sees in the mirror instead, and hopefully she will learn to fully love her body!

I also have a feeling that over the next month, without the scales to her tell she is gaining, she may let herself go a bit more and put on a bit more weight. I will love that, but I get the feeling that when she finds out at the end she will have another freak out moment, and I'd rather that not happen... Guess I will have to wait and see if she gains any more and cross that bridge when we come to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Our no-scale experiment is going well so far. She has no idea what she weighs atm and is feeling a lot happier. She loves how big her boobs and butt are and while she still has reservations about her tummy she is feeling way more positive than she used to. I think she looks slightly bigger but I can't be sure, I may just be seeing what I want to see... One thing I have noticed is her double chin has grown quite a bit, which usually I'm not crazy about but on her it looks really cute!

She is coming into an exam period at university and while discussing this last night she mentioned she wouldn't be surprised if she put on another 5-10kg over that time due to stress and overeating. I said I was doubtful that would happen but in the back of my mind I was thinking that would be the most amazing thing ever... Time will tell! All I know is things are so good as they are right now, we're in quite a good place!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. She weighed herself for the first time in almost a month the other day. She has gone up to 88kg! She really is becoming fat now. Her belly and butt are bigger than ever, and her double chin is quite pronounced. I think she is the hottest she has ever been, I think once she reaches 90kg then she will have reached the perfect size for me.

Her parents visited the other weekend and her mother commented on her weight gain, which is now up to 10kg since the start of the year. She said she was concerned for her health, my girlfriend half shrugged it off as exam stress and comfort from being in a happy relationship. She loves her food, and she finds it really hard to resist when I'm so encouraging. She maintains she will never reach 100kg, but she once said that about 80kg, and look where we are now... She does want to cut back a little on the junk food, as she doesn't want to get to unhealthy, which I totally understand, however she did say she will probably maintain her weight from here, which makes me very happy!

I really hope this weight gain trend continues, I really hope she hits that 90kg mark soon, and that it doesn't put her off too much!

I'm wondering when you'll start thinking about her being 100+ kg ;)

Oh the thought has definitely crossed my mind, trust me. It may be a goal in the long run, and if we end up staying together, but for now I think that number and that hurdle would be too big for her to handle. For the foreseeable future I'd be quite happy if she reaches 90kg and maintains that... Though I certainly won't complain if extra kgs do come, they'll just be a bonus!

We had a good chat last night, she said she was feeling really happy with herself right now. She mentioned that she didn't see much point in trying to lose weight when I love her body so much as it is. Sounds like she's really coming round to the idea of maintaining! Exciting times...

Oh the thought has definitely crossed my mind, trust me. It may be a goal in the long run, and if we end up staying together, but for now I think that number and that hurdle would be too big for her to handle. For the foreseeable future I'd be quite happy if she reaches 90kg and maintains that... Though I certainly won't complain if extra kgs do come, they'll just be a bonus!

We had a good chat last night, she said she was feeling really happy with herself right now. She mentioned that she didn't see much point in trying to lose weight when I love her body so much as it is. Sounds like she's really coming round to the idea of maintaining! Exciting times...

Truth be told, especially in view of her declaration, it's definitely the time to decide what you want to do with this relationship. If she loves food, the truth is she won't lose weight in the long run with you being around, since she has little to nothing to motivate her. I think that most women, if they can have both the food and love, will not care that much about their weight, other than during occasional moments of weakness, as long as it does not have a significant impact on their health. Some also need a good source of cute plus-size clothing to feel good, but that can be provided as well. So, it's more likely that she will continue going up, instead of just stabilizing. But only as long as you are around. Which points to the obvious question - what if you're not? Obviously, there are reasons for breaking up where you are not required to consider stuff like this, but it doesn't change the fact that if you want her to keep the weight or get bigger, you have to be serious about this relationship.

On the plus side, an engagement ring is also known as minor ring of plumpening, while the wedding ring is definitely the major ring of plumpening :P. The feeling of security and knowing that there is a guy who will love every new pound that might appear definitely works magic on the weight gain tendency in ladies ;D

Sorry for ranting, I hope you don't mind... I can only assure you that I have put into practice what I preach above ;).

Truth be told, especially in view of her declaration, it's definitely the time to decide what you want to do with this relationship. If she loves food, the truth is she won't lose weight in the long run with you being around, since she has little to nothing to motivate her. I think that most women, if they can have both the food and love, will not care that much about their weight, other than during occasional moments of weakness, as long as it does not have a significant impact on their health. Some also need a good source of cute plus-size clothing to feel good, but that can be provided as well. So, it's more likely that she will continue going up, instead of just stabilizing. But only as long as you are around. Which points to the obvious question - what if you're not? Obviously, there are reasons for breaking up where you are not required to consider stuff like this, but it doesn't change the fact that if you want her to keep the weight or get bigger, you have to be serious about this relationship.

We are both quite serious about the relationship, but we are both nowhere near ready for marriage. We're both quite early 20s and in the final year of our university degrees; engagement is definitely a long way off! We've talked about the possibility of us eventually ending up married one day but we're also realistic, there is a chance we don't make it that far.

I have no plans of leaving her any time in the foreseeable future, as I have never had this sort of connection with a girl. She's kind and generous, we can talk for hours on end about the smallest things, she is beautiful, and she also likes her food, which when combined with my encouragement has led to her weight gain. She has mentioned before that she things part of the reason the weight has come may be down to the fact that she feels so secure with me, and I love that. Who knows, one day I could be marrying this girl, but that day is still quite a way off I think...

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last month, her weight gain has stabilised a little. We hadn't checked the scales since the start of this month, where she was 88kg. This morning we checked and she's up to 89.7kg now, which she's happy about because she thought she would be heavier. She said that she wouldn't mind maintaining from here, and tbh I'd be happy with that for now, I think a period of maintaining will do her mind good, and I've enjoyed the 12kg gain since the start of the year! Once she's cracked 90kg I'll be very happy. And I love how tight her work uniform is on her, it's mesmerising watching those buttons strain the whole way down when they once were so loose... Feeling very lucky right now!

And I love how tight her work uniform is on her, it's mesmerising watching those buttons strain the whole way down when they once were so loose... Feeling very lucky right now!

That should be very exciting  ! What kind of uniform is it ? Is she working in a restaurant or another eating place ? She could be a very good advertisment for such place. At the beginning of our relation, my wife was working in a duty free shop at the airport and she had a uniform too. I remember how her pencil skirt got so tight she could not manage to zip it totally before getting a larger one!

She works at a information help desk at our local shopping mall. Involves many hours sitting and typing on a computer or answering customers questions. It's only a part time job though, weekends usually.

She wears a plain button down shirt with a pair of trousers. The trousers are quite tight, especially around her bum, and they form quite the muffintop on her. There's been a couple of occasions where I've had to help her button them up... Which I love. That muffintop makes her tummy look even bigger and the shirt even tighter which is really hot haha. Gaps are starting to form between buttons when she sits in certain positions, and it constantly rides up exposing the singlet she wears underneath. She may have to order another size or two up soon....

• 1 month later...

Her attitude towards her weight has changed slightly. After a few months hanging around just below 90kg, she decided to join a gym and cut down on the takeaways to try to lose a little weight, after struggling to fit into one of her favourite outfits. I was a little disappointed at first but over time I've gotten used to it. Plus side is it isn't going all that well for her... She doesn't do much at the gym and she still can't help herself with the food sometimes! She weighed herself today and found herself to be 91.1kg, and she didn't seem too bothered about it. She keeps making comments about how she wants to drop a couple kg but seems to lack the motivation and dedication to do it. As for me, I'm just enjoying the show!

Oh and her boss has made her get a larger work uniform. Turns out people were starting to notice!

She behaves exactly like a girl who loves food and who is sincerely loved by her SO : she gains weight and, from time to time she hesitates to let herself go, especially when hitting some threshold of weight ! But don't worry, she'll enjoy again food very soon !

• 2 weeks later...

Another weigh in, another gain! She has now gone up to 92.2kg. She is confused about why the number keeps going up, seemingly forgetting the amount of food she eats and the fact she hasn't been to the gym for 3 weeks now... I love it. She also told me that it doesn't bother too much, as I seem to like it so much... Which is always good to hear!

Guest Yarmanz

so she joined the gym and just went once? Great news to hear. Does she know that you like her at the size she is at the moment?

Losing weight is a lot harder than gaining it, trust me. And if the diet is off point the gym doesn't matter. I have lost almost 30lbs over the last 6 months and it has been brutal.

Also keep in mind your weight fluctuates 2-4lbs a day. You are at your lightest in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of a setback today. Over the last few weeks we have gone back to avoiding scales, and it has had a positive effect, she has been worrying less and less about her body, and becoming more confident. However, today at work one of her colleagues who had been away for a month came back and immediately asked her "What's all this? You've put on weight!". This of course did not go down well and she was in tears for a couple hours after, which was not good to see. She said she felt revolting and hated herself.

After a couple hours of reassurance and reinforcement she recovered herself, and is no longer quite so upset. She seems to be back in a better place and we had takeout for dinner so I think we're back on a good track. It's just quite frustrating that one persons words can undo months of mine, but at the end of the day I'm going to stand by her no matter what!

• 9 months later...

Thought a new update is in order, in case anyone even remembers this thread.

Over the months since my last post, she maintained her weight at about 92kg. While she still wasn't entirely confident in herself, she has far more infrequent worries, she's only been back to the gym for a week at most, and diets are still a thing of the past. She has been stuck on a plateau, not gaining anything, but not losing anything.

However, the reason I post is that over the last few weeks her weight has been creeping up veeeeery slowly, by less than half a kg a week, but the result is she is now pushing 94kg, almost 20kg heavier than when we met two years ago. I'm hopeful this is the start of a little more weight gain, and maybe even crossing that 100kg barrier - though I am hesitant about that, as I think it may trigger another round of dieting and attempted weight loss, something that hasn't been in her mind for a while. But the thought of her body getting even softer and rounder is very exciting. Interesting times ahead...