Best city in USA for potential gainers/chubby/fat women?

entexx

18 minutes ago, entexx said:

Considering changing career paths and moving to a new city.  Where I live currently, there are very few women that are even remotely chubby.  Where would be a good place to live to meet chubbier women?

Few fat women somewhere in the USA... where are you?? Aha seems to me you got a bit unlucky, likely landing in the only city in the US with few fat girls :P

1 hour ago, entexx said:

Cambridge, MA.  Boston has the fewest fast food outlets of any city in the USA.  Big running culture.  The only grocery store is Whole Foods, practically.  It's rare to see a girl with a D-cup or bigger. 

Haha, yeah... you are in the wrong city, although I'm sure Cambridge/Boston has its share of chubby girls.

That said, avoid San Francisco like the plague.  Silicon Valley isn't big into the concept of food in general, preferring energy enhancing drugs and Soylent instead.  You probably don't want to move to New York either.  There are fat people, but being fat in New York is more or less a political act.

From my experience, just about anywhere in Texas is a good choice.  Austin is probably thinnest city in the state, but Houston is quite fat indeed and San Antonio is bursting full of overweight Latinas.

Pretty much anywhere in Ohio is also a good bet.  Ohio has a casual, relaxed, rather rural feel, even in the metro areas, and being fat is generally acceptable.  Plus, I think it's the only place I've lived where wearing sweatpants out in public is totally normal and okay.

Philadelphia isn't bad.  Almost any black girl you see is going to be overweight, and much of the rest is at least plump.

You're guaranteed big girls galore in the deep south, but it might be a bit of culture shock after Boston.

And if you want to try west coast, big city, Los Angeles, despite their southern California, Hollywood culture is surprisingly fat.  As elsewhere, the weight is disproportionately distributed amongst the Latino population.

But if you do stay in Boston... it's 2016!  You shouldn't have trouble finding a chubby girl, even around Cambridge.  Check out internet dating sites.  Any quick browse of Internet dating sites, like OkCupid, and it becomes quite obvious that at least half of the available girls out there are overweight.

• Moderators

If your mind is made up on moving and you are looking for a more sedentary culture, move to a midwest city. A lot of them get a bad rap for being "rust belt" with dwindling manufacturing prospects, but there are plenty of more modern career paths that are blossoming in those cities. A lot of them have healthy tech sectors, and healthcare is big in a few of those markets as well. The climate will be similar to what you are already used to, and housing in most markets is dirt cheap out here. With a decent job in the tech sector I was able to afford a decent sized family home by my mid twenties. A lot of my friends have had similar success.

14 minutes ago, sower said:

But if you do stay in Boston... it's 2016!  You shouldn't have trouble finding a chubby girl, even around Cambridge.  Check out internet dating sites.  Any quick browse of Internet dating sites, like OkCupid, and it becomes quite obvious that at least half of the available girls out there are overweight.

I agree with this, there are plenty of people out there, especially in the megalopolis area you live in. Depending on how old you are, Match is a good place to start if you're willing to pay a little. I'd say that site is most helpful to people mid-twenties and up, who are looking to get serious with someone, rather than casual hookups. That's where I went when I got back into the dating scene a few years ago, and found the woman that is now my fiancee on there. I found lots of women on Match who decided to focus on career out of college, rather than an MRS degree, and are now looking to finally settle down with someone. They allow you to search on body preferences too, and I found a lot of women were honest about themselves on there, especially compared to OKC or PoF.

IMO, San Francisco is solid. The population is, generally speaking, a bit more educated so you're not dealing with as many trashy people and there are TONS of people here, so even though it's supposedly "health conscious" of a city, I see cute fatties walking downtown or on the bus constantly. Hell, anywhere you go with a lot of people you'll see plenty of fat girls, I went to Osaka, Japan last month and there were plenty just from the sheer volume of people everywhere.

7 hours ago, pacoonzie said:

Dunkin Donuts not count as a fast food place? I saw quite a few cute chubby girls when I was in Boston last week.

In terms of minimizing culture shock, Springfield MA has the 30th highest obesity rate out of the top 100 biggest metro areas.

Springfield is pure ghetto, so I'm definitely not moving there.  That's like suggesting Camden or East St. Louis.  Yeah, there's some cute chubbies in Beantown, for sure.

You will find fat women just about anywhere in the world. However, I assume you are specifically looking for a place with a high percentage of fat women, so that there is a better probability of finding someone who also is generally compatible for dating/sexyfuntime reasons. Luckily, the internet is full of resources and listicles detailing the fattest and thinnest US cities. Google is your friend here. Generally, it looks like the best bet is somewhere in the deep south or rust belt. And avoid Colorado. They are the skinniest on average in the country. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, spuzznugget said:

Zara and UNIQLO have only opened locations in the US along the coasts, because they literally don't make clothes big enough for people in the midwest.

That's funny, considering that the last time I went to UNIQLO I had trouble finding anything small enough to fit me.  I am, however, a rather tiny man.  UNIQLO in China?  That stuff fit me great!  

There's this too: http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

On 2/12/2016 at 4:15 AM, entexx said:

Considering changing career paths and moving to a new city.  Where I live currently, there are very few women that are even remotely chubby.  Where would be a good place to live to meet chubbier women?

Dallas, or anywhere in Texas for that matter. I went to UT at Austin and also had the pleasure of seeing many girls gain more than the freshmen 15. 

• 6 months later...

I second Texas as well. Any of the big cities there will have plenty of fatties. For the most part it's a lot of strip malls and fast food joints, not much to do other than eat and shop, and you know everything's bigger in Texas. Lots of decent jobs out there too and a lot of the people tend to be fairly educated. If I was looking for fatties and a nice somewhat cheap place to live I'd head out to Dallas, Austin or San Antonio.

A lot of people are saying Texas, and I live in Texas. Yes, there are a lot of fat people. But most of them are the kinds of people who have "given up" and wear sweats and a t-shirt everywhere, and look like someone from Honey Boo Boo (thank god that show isn't relevant anymore). I would imagine a more urban place would have more fashionable people, who at least care about their appearance, but I could be completely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a big socioeconomic component to obesity. Among people I know in my age bracket (20s), obesity is exceedingly rare. Sure, there are a few folks who break the mold. There are girls who are a bit chubby, but a significant majority probably have bmis below 25. Among the broader American population, even the chubby ones would probably be considered skinny.

10 hours ago, gdawg1414 said:

There is a big socioeconomic component to obesity. Among people I know in my age bracket (20s), obesity is exceedingly rare. Sure, there are a few folks who break the mold. There are girls who are a bit chubby, but a significant majority probably have bmis below 25. Among the broader American population, even the chubby ones would probably be considered skinny.

While 20-somethings and millennials have a lower rate of obesity (~20%) than older generations, I imagine this is largely because they're still young.  A great majority of young people I encounter are at minimum plump, while a very large percentage is overweight.  Young people are by nature thinner.  Just wait till all the 20 somethings of today hit middle-age.

• 1 month later...

New York city. We got Amy Schumer who actually films her show here. Plenty of good food. We're not obsesed with health food, outside of Manhattan you can drive and I see plenty of curvy women all the time even in Manhattan including the rich snobby areas. They even advertise plus size clothes on billboards and were very non judgmental. You can find food pretty much anywhere you are thanks to our food carts

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shegotfat

Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana consistently have the highest obesity and overweight rates in the USA. That means that even if one of the decreasing minority of thin girls gets obese you don't need to worry about her losing weight. She will still consider herself slim because she doesn't have to move around in a golf cart.