Weight Gain App

Guest Lyingcheater

Guest Lyingcheater

I am a Computer Science major and for a little while now I have been contemplating making an app that would cater to our community. No more using Calorie Counting apps in order to help you gain weight I am talking an application that would be like a digital feeder or helper in your journey to gain weight. I was hoping to get people's opinions about how viable such an app would be, if anyone would be interested in such an app, and if there are any developers who currently are members on the site if they would be interested in working on such an app. What do you guys think about this idea and if you are a developer would you be willing to help in coding the app?

If be interested in hearing the specifics you had in mind for features of the app. But I doubt if there is enough demand out there for this sort of thing to justify an app. Also, if you were thinking iOS, due to the stigma of weight gain, you would probably have difficulty getting it approved into the app store. 

Guest Lyingcheater

I was thinking of having a calorie counter, a way for you to see based on how much and how fast you want to gain how many calories that you need to eat in order to put on a certain amount of pounds per week, a gain tracker, a recipe book of fattening recipes that you suggest either how many calories you are looking for the meal to be or what ingredients you have and it suggests recipes based on the type of meal, fattening meals that are offered at restaurants near your location. There are more things that could be included but that is what I have figured out so far.

On May 23, 2016 at 9:47 PM, zakman231990 said:

I am a Computer Science major and for a little while now I have been contemplating making an app that would cater to our community. No more using Calorie Counting apps in order to help you gain weight I am talking an application that would be like a digital feeder or helper in your journey to gain weight. I was hoping to get people's opinions about how viable such an app would be, if anyone would be interested in such an app, and if there are any developers who currently are members on the site if they would be interested in working on such an app. What do you guys think about this idea and if you are a developer would you be willing to help in coding the app?

This is a great idea I'm still in the process of learning how to code, so I'm not much help :blink: Might I suggest you post on other forums or websites and ask around to see if people would be interested? Also as for the virtual feeder thing you mentioned, you could probably implement something like notification reminders to remind the feedee to meet the goal they set for themselves for the week or day. Another thing you said about recipes being part of the app, do you mean that as a social network type of thing; or is it something more like a journal type of app you're going for? Just my 2cents though :P