Weight Gain/Curvy Girl advertisments

Bob18

I think we're going to be seeing a lot fewer of the ads featuring weight gain like the ones above.  Attitudes towards weight and bodies have shifted enough recently to make these kinds of commercials too offensive.

That said, we'll be seeing a lot more commercials featuring chubby woman.  This one stood out to me:

Wow, this is quite an invention.  Specifically made for women who have gained weight.  It "expands" pants waistlines up to 3 inches.  'Finally Fit' holds together pants that you couldn't otherwise button.  Instead of buying new pants, 'Finally Fit' essentially allows you to walk around with your pants unbuttoned all day without anyone ever knowing!

As a kid I remember all of the diet ads I would see on TV.  I remember silly ads: take this pill and you can eat whatever you want!  These days, product designers and advertisers seem to focus less on losing the extra weight and more on shaping what you've got.

On 6/4/2016 at 11:54 PM, enzo0king said:

would have posted earlier but got distracted :P

Not sure what the Solano ad is getting at.  It looks kind of like they're saying if you eat their candy, you'll get fat and be the envy of all the party.  :P