Ashley Graham

Heart and Mind

3 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

Why do people insist on calling her "obese" and an "unhealthy" role model?  From the way they talk about her, you'd think she was bigger than Juicy Jackie.  She's almost certainly healthier than the skeletal women usually seen on the runway and in magazines.

I think when someone hears the term plus size these are just the terms that goes to the average persons mind. When people think plus size or terms like that they think of people who are obese or seriously overweight.

5 hours ago, pangzi said:

You know times are changing when women are getting criticized for losing weight.  People should really just stop being shitty about other peoples bodies, though.

This article goes into some more detail too: http://www.lennyletter.com/culture/a490/ashley-graham-brushing-off-the-body-shamers-and-haters/

I think with social media the whole body shaming thing has gotten well out of hand seems to happen way to often with girls who are posted in the Fat Celebs thread and I would hate to think what the average girl goes through on Facebook and Instagram. The media certainly doesn't help either. I know the media has become somewhat more accepting of plus size women and stuff but if you still don't like a certain way you are shamed for it. She said she works out to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a lot of people who would be in the plus size category do this and despite what the majority of the posters in the Lucy Collett thread would like to think she does as well. Sadly this is  just how society is in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest An Optimist

I wish she'd start power-lifting seriously. She's much prettier than Mia Sand, and that woman's dynamite just on account of her body.

And then no one could be saying anything about Ashley being unhealthy and shit like that.

13736926_319310708419146_1206316568_n.jpg

Guest _Antipathy
On 8/24/2016 at 11:28 PM, An Optimist said:

I wish she'd start power-lifting seriously. She's much prettier than Mia Sand, and that woman's dynamite just on account of her body.

And then no one could be saying anything about Ashley being unhealthy and shit like that.

13736926_319310708419146_1206316568_n.jpg  352   150.4 kB

Good point here, but she prefers to invest her money on a fitness trainer who scams her with useless exercises, instead of actually learning something by herself.