SOBER

Yepthatsme88

Hey guys, I've been on this Forum for awhile and I love it. the ladies are beautiful and it's great seeing people talk about common interest. To be honest I'm trying to go Sober and i'm about to get past day 3. I gotta say my head just started spinning and I'm like in a whole new world of weird. I know I should go to family to support, but I'm the black sheep and I really wanna beat this for my son. So if I could ask of anyone on this board. can you guys please give me some encouragement. Sorry to go down to this level, but I just need some kind of support to hang on. Don't get me wrong AA is great. But it would be nice to hear it from a group of people I have a lot in common with.

Here's a quote that has stuck with me: "Even when it's hard, put one foot in front of the other no matter how big or small that step may be as you're still making progress."

Something that helped my friend when she was getting over alcohol addiction was to put photos of her children on her alcohol bottles. That way she knew what she was getting sober for. It can be hard and it will be hard, but just remember that alcohol, along with other various addictions don't solve anything. They merely mask your strength from being able to stride over whatever it is you are trying to overcome or hide away from by drinking.

I don't know you, but I can tell you are a strong person as it takes a lot to admit that you need help and that you want to better yourself. Just remember whatever it is you are trying to quit for. And if you do slip up, though try not to, it does not mean you fail. Much like when moving to a new part of town or a new city, you will hit speed bumps on the way. This does not mean they are "Turn Around Now" signs, it just means that maybe you gotta slow down a little and breathe and figure out what's causing you to want to go back to that behaviour again. Everything is a decision, and you have that power to decide if you want to drink or not. =)

I hope you'll stick with it!

Thank you, Sorry it's just with my past Drinking I've lied and pretty much shunned everyone in my Life. family, Friends and Just everyone I've loved and cared about. Thank you for your words though. I get I'm human, but I've just done so much wrong that I've lost a lot of cared about for a lousy feeling that dosen't last long and makes you feel like shit the next morning. I guess day 4, 5, and 6 are supposed to be the hardest Just because my system isn't use to going longer then 24 hours with out Beer. But thank you for your words i will take them to heart. I started a Tumblr Account on the situation, figured if people see it, it would hold me more accountable. If anyone wants to see it my name on tumblr: Gettingsobber88

Lol wish the fat chicks were easier to meet lol. But anyways today will be day 4 for me without a drink and I just feel drained. I've never slept for 10 hours strait ever. I'm so tired and moving like a sloth this morning. I really want a drink, but I know i shouldn't have one. I really appreciate all of your guys support and yes i'll try and go after some fat chicks. Just tought when i have appetite at all. It's weird usually I'm always hungry. But these last few days I've dropped 8 pounds cause I havent been hungry at all. I gotta beat this thing....

Jut cause you pushed people away before doesn't mean you can't try to mend those bridges. It might take time, but it could very well be a great way to face what happened before and put new steps forward into a new you!

Also, aside from AA, perhaps a councelor would be great as it may help you peel back the reasons for which you started drinking and why it became a habit for you.

Just don't give up and it may take some time, but find a new hobby you can immerse yourself into like painting or writing even. If you haven't heard of it, there's a thing called NaMoWriMo. Basically you write for the entire month of November. There's more guidelines than that, but if you Google it, it'll give a better description.

Thanks you guys again for the support :) I'm on day 5 now I've been to 2 bars tonight and I havent drank at all, but I do drink a lot of black coffee now though. But right now I've started a Tumblr talking about each day without a drink. I figured if people read it and see it then it's gonna keep me on my toes. I know theirs AA and Counseling, but personally I'm not ready for that step yet. I hate to say it, but I just haven't taken that step yet...But I will when I feel it's right.....

I would recommend staying away form bars or a drinking crowd, even your buddys when they are drinking. if they are somber sure have a great time with them but if not it might be time to leave.  you will find a portion of your friends you really don't have much in common once u stop paring with them seems to be all that they where there for.  the other thing is find something else good coffee and milk is great. especially now since there is pumpkin spice coffee. best of luck :)

Guest Smithsonius

It's always a good thing to tell people what you're doing, when possible. It's a motivation thing, the more people that know, the more people that are aware and the more they follow your progress, which often leads to more motivation to succeed. Nobody wants to be seen to fail, plus when you are successful and keep something going you get a lot of positive feedback from it!

I agree with smelly too. Where possible avoid locations with alcohol and people who drink it. It just adds unnecessary temptations. And Ayumi's comment about hobbies, anything and everything within reason that helps distract you, particularly in the first few weeks/months will help immeasurably.

Plus the longer you go, the healthier you'll feel for it.

9 days guys, and no drinking. I feel amazing it's like my head is clear and I'm so much more relax when I wake up. My work outs are amazing and I feel awesome. On a side not I am a Bartender so not going to the bars is a problem, but I stick with Black Coffee it's what keeps me off the booze. Yes you guys were right about friends not having much in common with once I stopped drinking, so thats a lost. But hey whatever it's cool. I'm doing great at work I actually am A Bartender, Line Cook, and Server lol so I'm keeping busy. Anyways I love the support I get from all you guys and please keep it coming cause it's helping me out a lot. So thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Keep going. Once you completely get over the withdrawl, every day moving forward will feel great knowing how much farther you've come.

I quit drinking caffeine cold turkey after several months of 5+ cups a day. Granted it wasn't ruining my life, but after about I month I felt like I was addicted to NOT drinking coffee. It was an awesome feeling adding each day to the count.

Word of advice, if you ever plan or foresee yourself drinking again, never allow it to be during a time of weakness, no matter how minor it may seem at the time.