• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, JohnSpartan17 said:

What do you guys think, fit or fat ?

On 1/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, das Hirschlein said:

Both

This is just my personal opinion, but I preferred her looks much when she was bonafide fluffy. Now, she's just mostly firm from much everywhere. 

Not that I have a problem against athletic-looking ample women, but it is seriously starting to become such an expansionnist trend in the Plus Size modelling industry: the more one of their fellows dominate the spotlight of mainstream attention, the more they've have to lose some weight and therefore have their fluffy-to-hefty figures looking less ample and fairly much muscular because of any sort of excuse found like "I don't feel such great today" , "carbs are ruining me. We are what we eat" , "I'm still advocating for Body Positivism, but let's just admit that waddling away or have your tummy which protudes enough to hide half of the sight of your feet upwards is unhealthy" , "I have a depression, so I changed my routine then now I feel good... no girls, that has nothing to do with me losing forty pounds" , " #BBWForever (now weighing 170lbs) " , ecetera. 

I acknowledge that each individual, as a social animal, have to juggle between the nature-given gift of freewill, greater-than-average-amongst-other-animals problem-solving skills, empathetic baggage and vaguely intrinsic intimal-to-collective expectations in their everyday life, that he/she only possess any choice to do whatever he/she want with its own body. I understand very well that the modelling industry is a highly competitive modern gladiator arena, most especially as a female model because the expectations and pressures are much bigger compared to men. I abovestand top that, much like any mentally-sane (or would-be) human being, being overweight nay obese in this both society, profesional domain and currently collective way of thinking could bred to angsts of anxiety and decreasing temper and that no one want to deal with such stress while working for either make a living or have some fun. They want their minds being the masters of their bodies, not the opposite: I get it. I respect that.

Yet unfortunately, that "ample-athletic" trend who slowly overpowers much any platform within this social phenomenon since a few years is becoming a two-edged sword for the entire Size Acceptance movement, but an obstacle for none only the women and girls of different shapes, different (bigger) sizes and different backgrounds to hope being someday hired by the grand fashion houses - say alone being hired much - and creasing up some class gap between bigger women, but also a geniune, somewhat counter-productive disservice to the entire stake. 

In an era where people don't even put in question the fact that the world's most powerful State leader is tipping up a potbellied 249 pounds on the scale... this is paradoxical that we still have to overlook after social medias such like Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube or Snapchat when they're all not so subtlely campaigning not against any bigger-than-average woman on the circle of fame (whether on the mainstream buzzfeed or the more "fetishist" oriented side. Nay both) but not against the promotion of burnt pets, stupid Tide-Pod IQ tier challenges or prominent vloggers and gamers disgressing far-right phraseology disguised into geek subculture and Vine-styled gags amongst influencable kids and teenagers; that post-2016 Ashley Graham is now officially the Jane Fonda or Jennifer Lopez of the 2010s whilst in the meantime, a major part of thr most prominent press medias along both shores backlashes vividly against an ever-fatter Tess Holliday stealing the show on high-fashion cover magazines for just living and loving herself as she are, that the size-alike Saucye West has still to be subjected to marginalization; that people like Aliss Bonython or a fewer "Fat Fetishism" models have to be victim of stupid memeing or that even the goddamn Rihanna have to still lowkey suck in and thoroughly photo-editing each newest photoshoot in spite the fact that everyone have seen her in mode "Thickana" on-and-off multiple times or "Damn-Are-We-In-the-post-Namek-Saga-Dragon-Ball-Z-now-Thickana??" once.