Office weight gain

amd123

7 hours ago, sower said:

I wasn't close enough to hear everything they said, but I've at least gathered that Shawna and Liz have discussed weight/weight loss at least a couple times in the last two weeks.  Pretty much everyone else in the office is slim, so these two are alone with their curvy girl problems.    Shawna's been eating salads and from what she says, regularly (or at least occasionally) exercises after work.

Not that I've noticed a difference in her figure.  She looks fantastically plump in her skin-tight dresses.  Up close you can see how her belly and love handles bulge out beneath the fabric.

That's all I have to report.

I have a feeling from the way you've been describing Shawna that its not going to work for her. 

It's a lot harder to workout/exercise after work compared to the morning because you're already worn out at the end of the day. I just can't see her lasting on a treadmill that long. Plus, she's probably too lazy to do it in the morning before work. 

I'd say she quits like most New Years resolutioners by the end of February. I just see her as that girl that will accept it yet "try" to maintain her current weight while continuing to be the culprit stealing cookie jar and slowly packing on weight. Bet she accidentally puts another dozen this year on that ass.

• 4 months later...
On 10/6/2014 at 4:54 PM, amd123 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have stories or pics of women gain weight in an office environment that they would like to share? I love the the effect the onset of a sedentary work life with the temptations of snakes lingering around the office has on young relatively skinny women figures. I especially like various parts of their figure starting to bulge out of their office attire, eventually having to upgrade to a new work wordrobe as they round out and soften

cheers

I have been lucky enough to witness my girlfriend transition from college student to office employee, and all the nice adjustment this transition has entailed.

My girlfriend, Joy, had been immune to the freshman 15, and remained thin and toned throughout all high school and college years. I met her when she was on her early 20s, when she was thin as a beanpole, but with a nice breast, and a lively personality who fascinated me. She wasn't afraid to eat, she was actually known for her hearty appetite, but as she told me when I joked saying that she could have used a couple of added pounds, no matter how much she ate, she never gained weight.

After college she got a trial period of 3 month as employee in an office, where she was the youngest and skinniest woman in her team, weighing 115 lbs at 5'7". It really proved to be a period of transition, under many aspects. Her active, animated college days became 10-12 hours long working days at her cubicle, she had less time to go to the gym regularly, so she soon gave up, in order to spend more time at night at home with me; and having both of us more money and a love for nice food, we started indulging in good restaurants as one of our favourite way to spend our free time.

She was also excited by her first job, and willing to give a good impression. It was soon clear that she was succeeding in that, and after the trial period she got a permanent position.

Also there was more food involved at the office rather than at college. They had no canteen, so lunch was usually take away or a trip to one of the many small restaurants in the nearby, added to the coffee breaks and treats her older colleagues were bringing to the office. Joy was excited by all those new things, and happy that she was being pampered by her colleagues. She also told me they were amused by her good appetite and lucky metabolism. One day she was telling me about how much she had to eat during the day and laughing she added "My colleagues thought I was the kind of girl eating only salads since I am so skinny.. now they know how wrong they were!"

It was quite common for her to give me detailed report of what she had eaten during the day. She had always known I appreciate girls with some meat on their bones and a good appetite, but she used to say she would have never gained weight with her metabolism. But she was proud to at least show me she was not counting the calories. And also her colleagues seemed to be happy having a new friend appreciating their cooking and not shy to go for a dessert to complete her lunch.

Long story short.. in a few months the spell was broken, her metabolism couldn't keep her pace and she started to pile on some pounds. Nothing dramatic, we didn't even notice the first 8-10 pounds. They probably went to her butt and thighs, which were too skinny to start with, so they just grew to better fill her slacks. But another couple of pounds were enough to make it clear she was growing into her clothes.

From most of her colleagues she received positive comments about how well she was filling out, that she really needed it and so on. That was enough to make her forget her initial surprise and relax.

She was not expecting to grow more though. But she did, and carrying 15 or more added pounds it showed. It was evident to me, but her colleagues kept quiet for a while, not with the food, that they kept bringing and sharing with pleasure, but with their commenting on Joy's fattening. Until one day one of them bluntly told her with a smile that maybe it was time to go for a wardrobe upgrade. She pointed at Joy's newborn little belly roll, which was attracting my attention too, but which Joy seemed to ignore. It was quite a cold shower for my girlfriend, because for the first time she was not only gaining weight, but that weight was not giving her a less bony look anymore, it was starting to give her a small potbelly.
Of course I was in love with the result, her office pants and skirts were clinging her butt and hips, some of them were even ridiculously tight, for the first time she had developed some proper butt, and a round, soft one. But even more I was in love with her starting fat roll, only her lower abdomen seemed to be affected, but it was a big improvement considering she used to have nothing more than a washboard there. Moreover, that tiny roll was what really made the difference, it was not possible to hide it in her formal attire, consisting mainly of pencil skirts or pants and shirts.

With 20 added pounds and a new wardrobe she said it was enough, she was going to control herself more and slim down a bit too. Easier said than done. With her colleagues around her intake wasn't going to diminish at all. And at night she was too tired to go to the gym, so we were either cooking and enjoying our relaxed life at home, or trying some new restaurant, where she used to say "well there is no point in coming to a restaurant and dieting!" So she didn't.

We also started going out more often with her colleagues, and I noticed a pattern. Most of them were particularly excited around food, whether home cooked or at restaurant, and they seemed to involve my girlfriend in that excitement, that usually ended in well filled dishes, second helpings and stuffed bellies. I also saw that when Joy was starting to hesitate in front of the dessert menu, they were prompt into encouraging her to have that extra treat. And there were inevitably lot of laughter around the table. And when my girlfriend was complaining about being ready to explode or needing a new wardrobe upgrade, they were also laughing a lot and joking openly about that. I mean, not that they were being mean, my girlfriend was the first one joking and laughing when she was eating too much, her colleagues just seemed to be pleased with noticing it and the obvious result.

To conclude, after 2 years she was carrying almost 30 added pounds, and she had surpassed in size a couple of her colleagues. She than slow down, but kept doing justice to her reputation of being a good eater, and kept piling.. in the following 3-4 years another 30 pounds, going from a skinny 115 lbs to a chubby 165! In her working attire she looks now much more a mature office lady than when she started, and in a bikini she is even more a sight, with plump bulges overfilling her swimsuit everywhere (she looks pretty similar to the girl on amd123 profile pic).

Sorry for the long story.. but 6 years in her office are not easy to summarize! ;)

6 hours ago, donnied80 said:

Sorry for the long story.. but 6 years in her office are not easy to summarize! ;)

There is nothing to apologize for in this post!  What a fun little recounting.  It seems these coworkers turned your girlfriend into their own personal office plaything, almost like it became a game to see just how much they could get her to eat, despite her protests--and how much weight this formerly oh-so-energetic, overachieving, cocky, slinky-slim little minx would wind up packing on.  I don't blame 'em.  That's certainly one of my favorite games to play.  ; )

20 hours ago, donnied80 said:

I have been lucky enough to witness my girlfriend transition from college student to office employee, and all the nice adjustment this transition has entailed.

The office place and colleagues can have a huge influence on a person's weight.  Of course, sometimes coworkers and company culture keep a person's weight in check or even pressure a person to lose weight.  It's pretty common for some workplaces to go on group diets or have group work out sessions.  On the other side of things, some workplaces are full of chubby foodies who keep candy at their desk to snack on throughout the day and take regular doughnut and coffee breaks.

I've spent some time in office environments and I've seen some companies where the majority of employees go for salads, chicken breast, fish, or smoothies at lunch; I've seen others where the bulk of employees go for cheeseburgers, pizza, fried foods, basically anything high-carb and high-fat followed by the requisite dessert.  The difference in company culture and eating habits produced a dramatic difference in the size of their waistlines.  I used to assume that corporate America was almost universally thin.  That was before I encountered 400+ lb cubicle cuties.

Lucky for you, your girlfriend seems to have landed at an office conducive to eating and weight gain.

My wife just got a promotion with her relatively new company.  She has got a big increase in salary and her job has turned into a desk job rather than a sales job (being out driving and calling on customers).  She actually gained a few Lbs. even with her rigorous driving sales job,  I tack it up to stress.....even though she was only working 20+ hrs. a week.  Her new position is in management and a full time desk job,   I am hoping she takes advantage of all the snacking and fattening meals out and really blows up.

She is in her 40's now and most of these other related desk job stories are about the just out of college gains...anyone have a wife that was of similar age or older that got a desk job that gained a bunch and got really Fat?  I crave to see her appetite get out of control and her really enjoy eating huge amounts so she will be Fat and happy.

On 15/5/2016 at 6:45 AM, riptoryx said:

There is nothing to apologize for in this post!  What a fun little recounting.  It seems these coworkers turned your girlfriend into their own personal office plaything, almost like it became a game to see just how much they could get her to eat, despite her protests--and how much weight this formerly oh-so-energetic, overachieving, cocky, slinky-slim little minx would wind up packing on.  I don't blame 'em.  That's certainly one of my favorite games to play.  ; )

Thanks riptoryx!

You are right! I think they have really enjoyed watching my girlfriend losing her lean toned figure and overgrowing her trousers. I mean, not that they ever force fed her or anything like that, they didn't even start the process. The new sedentary job and my girlfriend's hearty appetite started it all, but then her co-workers definitely played a role in keeping things going. Probably, being chubby all of them, they were happy to see she wasn't immune to calories herself. Also, quite a lot of encouragement started to arrive from them "try one of this.. have a slice of that.. oh come on, I've baked it myself, just one more helping, it won't hurt you..". Also the way they were commenting on the weight she was putting on was very positive "oh, nothing to worry about.. it really suits you.. you still look fabulous.. you carry it beautifully". And that could have made sense at the beginning, when she was just filling out a bit and getting some curves. But it sounded quite out of place when she started developing a noticeable belly roll and a set of love handles.

I was expecting them starting to suggest diets of any kind and advice on how to slim down again, at that point. Instead, almost nothing. When my girlfriend complained about her new pudginess, only one of her colleagues (the youngest and, by then, already the thinnest) suggested with a smile "maybe you should start riding your bike again". But all the others kept reassuring her "just a few happy pounds.. it's absolutely normal.. no need to worry at all!". And they continued doing so while that belly roll kept thickening and those love handles kept growing softer. And it was clear they were all having fun with her gluttony "ehy Joy, coffee break? I'm sure you have some room for my cake..", but also Joy was enjoying their company. It was quite usual to have dinner with some of them at our/their place or at restaurants, and most of the time it was quite a feast, with much to eat and lot of laugh. My girlfriend, on her side, has never been the kind of girl who gives up easily in front of food. She would have had enough to be more than sated herself, and then accepted some more when offered, maybe looking at me with a shy smile as to say 'what can I do, it just landed on my plate..', but she also used to joke herself and say things like "Oh god, you're going to roll me out of this place if I don't stop now.." or "Gosh, I'm going to explode but can I skip on their dessert?" making all of her colleagues hilarious! And looking at how they were laughing at her exclamations, and encouraging her to have always that extra bit, it was pretty clear they were truly having fun looking at her shovelling so many calories into her softening body.

Even now that her pudginess has grown into a sizeable spare-tyre/potbelly, they have never said a thing like "oh poor girl, you have really porked out!", rather they smile at it and if she complains having gone from a washboard to a spare-tyre, they minimize "just the sign you're enjoying a relaxed life.."

1 hour ago, donnied80 said:

Thanks riptoryx!

You are right! I think they have really enjoyed watching my girlfriend losing her lean toned figure and overgrowing her trousers. I mean, not that they ever force fed her or anything like that, they didn't even start the process.

Even now that her pudginess has grown into a sizeable spare-tyre/potbelly, they have never said a thing like "oh poor girl, you have really porked out!", rather they smile at it and if she complains having gone from a washboard to a spare-tyre, they minimize "just the sign you're enjoying a relaxed life.."

I think a part of their encouragement was an attempt to build group solidarity.  From the sound of things, her coworkers enjoyed eating heartedly, indulging in dessert, and not worrying about their weight.  Having someone in their midst who refrained from dessert and worried about her weight would have have been a buzzkill.  I think that her coworkers were themselves having fun shoveling calories into their softening bodies and didn't want someone around who reminded them that maybe they shouldn't.  It sounds like the were exerting pressure on her to be more like them.

Which part of the country are you from?  Is it more metropolitan or rural?  I wonder because I've seen parts of the American mid-west where obesity seems almost encouraged in others by obese friends and family members.  A person might be piling on weight, but all their friends and family ever tell them is how great they look and then encourage them to keep eating.  And yeah, like you mentioned above, there's also this sort of strange amusement and satisfaction when the young, skinny girl gets as big and fat as the rest of them.  Might be a little subconscious desire in them to remove competition by bringing the young, thin girl closer to their level.

On 15/5/2016 at 9:15 PM, sower said:

The office place and colleagues can have a huge influence on a person's weight.

Lucky for you, your girlfriend seems to have landed at an office conducive to eating and weight gain.

Absolutely right! Indeed I'm pretty sure that my girlfriend wouldn't have gained, or at least not so much, if she had kept going along with her college friends. Also because among them she used to be known as 'the thin girl' for years, so they would have probably reacted differently to the pounds creeping on her, and she wouldn't have let herself go much far.

On the contrary she moved far away from our college and her old acquaintances, and landed in a office that is to say the least 'food friendly'. Her colleagues were mainly from southern Europe (France, Spain and Italy), not much into junk food, but definitely in love with good cooking, both homemade or from restaurant. So, trying all the small and new restaurants in the office's surrounding, sharing recipes, bringing homemade delicacies at work and cooking together at night became soon part of her new world.

Then, add the fact that all of her colleagues were already carrying some extra weight, they were all happy to see my girlfriend indulging in their same passion for food, none of them ever criticized her for piling on the pounds herself, and at home her boyfriend (me) more than welcomed the newly added weight.. all of this created the perfect conditions for her to let herself go a bit and loosen the belt (actually, loosening the belt worked only at the beginning.. then it was more 'going up a size..') ;)

46 minutes ago, sower said:

I think a part of their encouragement was an attempt to build group solidarity.

And yeah, like you mentioned above, there's also this sort of strange amusement and satisfaction when the young, skinny girl gets as big and fat as the rest of them.  Might be a little subconscious desire in them to remove competition by bringing the young, thin girl closer to their level.

Exactly! I don't think they ever thought 'Let's sabotage that skinny minx and make her fat'.

I think they considered her as 'the intruder' initially, because she was younger, fresh out of college, AND skinny, much skinnier than them.

Then they were just happy to discover she wasn't actually 'from another planet'. On the contrary she had much more in common with them, she was a mature girl AND shared some of their passions, as the one for good food. So it was pretty natural to build up the team by cultivating those shared passions.

Most of her colleagues were on their late 30, 40, and with a love for good food they all were carrying their share of extra flab around their waistline, but, as you say, they wanted to indulge themselves without feeling too guilty next to a fit 25 years old chick.

They were probably delighted to see that that skinny chick was able to eat more than them, so they started cultivating that shared passion big time. My girlfriend used to send me text messages initially saying she couldn't believe how much THEY were eating, with a lot of smiles, because she was finding it funny. Then it came out she was not eating any less than them, and at times even a bit more, gaining the reputation of a little glutton with a lucky metabolism.

But that didn't last long. Soon after she started to pile on the pounds while her colleagues started complimenting her and, if anything, food became even more part of their friendship.

We are from southern Europe, where skinny chicks are considered hot, but motherly ladies like their kids well fed! ;) And they did a good job in transforming my young girlfriend into one of them, chubby office lady! ;)

Thanks a lot donnied80, and thanks a lot to your girl friend ! Her journey from a skinny to a cute chubby girl is wonderful. And you have a true talent for telling her story.

And in fact I have to say there are several things in common between your girl friend's weight gain and her attitude and my wife's. For example, I remember when my wife and one of her coworker, a moroccan girl, became friends. This girl taught my wife to cook moroccan cuisine and oriental pastries. They sometime spent all their sunday cooking and, of course, tasting and savouring their cuisine !

• 1 month later...
On 19/5/2016 at 8:42 AM, le_gone said:

Thanks a lot donnied80, and thanks a lot to your girl friend ! Her journey from a skinny to a cute chubby girl is wonderful. And you have a true talent for telling her story.

And in fact I have to say there are several things in common between your girl friend's weight gain and her attitude and my wife's. For example, I remember when my wife and one of her coworker, a moroccan girl, became friends. This girl taught my wife to cook moroccan cuisine and oriental pastries. They sometime spent all their sunday cooking and, of course, tasting and savouring their cuisine !

Many thanks for your comment le_gone! Indeed it's a pleasure for me telling about my girlfriend's gain! I've rejoiced so much in watching at her going through all the stages, from skinny to chubby, that I still enjoy recalling it all.

But I am curious about your wife! Have you written your story somewhere here on curvage? And it's true, since my girlfriend's coworkers spotted her love for good food and her hearty appetite, they really put it to good use. They had so much fun spending the weekends cooking together, and at times when I was joining them later during the day and asking how much "sampling" had they already done, they just couldn't stop laughing for how embarrassing it was to confess it all. But still, when the food was finally on the table, my girlfriend would have gone for generous portions with a big smile on her face, making her friends hilarious. I think her colleagues really enjoyed having her as "one of them", and so they probably appreciated watching the pounds piling on until she really became one of them (and even softer than some of them):

Did your wife started out skinny as well?

When I met her, she was not skinny but quite thin, around 62 kg, and she started gaining soon after! I told some about her in various topics here, for example in that thread : http://www.curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/25157-when-did-you-your-partner-accept-their-weight-gain/

She has now a new job since last september where she is the chubby one but it doesn't seem to bother her ! Even from time to time she brings home made pastries to the office, and one or two other girls have started the same now, which apparently was not the habit before my wife joined the company. There may be some gain in a near future for several girls ! Anyway, as regards my wife, she is slowly (but surely !) gaining back towards her past record which was 92 kg.

• 1 month later...

I've been at my current job for about 2 years.... a few of the women on my floor who were overweight have lost their thickness. It kind of pisses me off, but I have no room to judge as I've lost about 40lbs and am enjoying the hell out of it (along with my wife)

• 9 months later...
Guest billow
On 1/13/2016 at 3:26 PM, Guest said:

I wasn't close enough to hear everything they said, but I've at least gathered that Shawna and Liz have discussed weight/weight loss at least a couple times in the last two weeks.  Pretty much everyone else in the office is slim, so these two are alone with their curvy girl problems.    Shawna's been eating salads and from what she says, regularly (or at least occasionally) exercises after work.

An update on Shawna and Liz:

I've since learned that Liz is one of those women perpetually on a diet, the kind who spend 30% of their waking life concerned about their weight with nothing to show for it.

Shawna, on the other hand, ended up losing a bunch of weight.  However, during the process she began looking unwell, had tons of breakouts and blemishes on her face, and generally looked very fatigued and tired.  She has since regained all the weight she lost and looks much healthier for it.  I've moved offices recently, so that's probably the last I'll see of them.

Guest billow

Oh, how could I forget!

When one of my coworkers, a middle-aged woman originally from China, started the job she was rail thin and fragile looking.  She always wore loose shift dresses that stretch from her shoulders to down below her knees.  My female friend (the same one who first pointed out Shawna's weight gain) and I used to comment on how frail and weak she looked, a surprise to me as my friend is very pro-skinny and considers anyone over 130-140 lbs as fat.

Anyhow, those once loose shift dresses have now become more like figure hugging body con dress.  She used to have what was to me a very unattractive body with no curves whatsoever.  And I didn't quite notice the change until one day I caught myself checking out a woman with fleshy hips and a soft butt before realizing it was my coworker!  Just today I saw how her belly, though not very large, bulges dramatically from underneath her dress.  Even her underwear are tight.  They cut into the flesh of her hips, forming obvious muffintops that strain against her figure-hugging dress.

I think she's right at the point where she has to decide to either buy larger clothes or diet.

She's been the type of person who always eats steamed vegetables and grilled meat for lunch, but has been spending more and more time with another coworker talking about food.  It's actually most of what they talk about.  Of late, she's more often been indulging in snacks from Trader Joe's and elsewhere.  She's even just commissioned our coworker to cook some pork belly sticky rice dumplings for her!

It's always a treat to see a very thin person fatten up and I hope she doesn't stop yet!