Member Queen Elizabeth

md2069

Eh. Obama is a pretty weak politician and leader as far as I'm concerned. I think he made a lot of promises in '08 that he has not kept, and can not keep. He ran on a platform of change, promising that he could work with the opposition and get things done in Washington. This has obviously not been the case. I don't even blame for not working with the legislative branch per say, but the fact that he promised he was the right man for the job is what upsets me. Add to this the problem with the American electorate; they think that politicians, and the president no less, has virtually any control over our economy. No doubt, they can set an atmosphere that is either hostile or fertile to business, but those policies very rarely see effects within the first few years of their implementation. People need to stop voting on our leaders based on economic issues, because that isn't within the realm of their control. Obama takes credit for when the economy does well but rejects responsibility when numbers look sluggish.

Of course, as a normal guy he actually seems pretty decent. I really dislike him as a president but as a neighbor down the street I think he would be a pretty fun guy to have a beer with. Or play a round of golf. ;)

Of course, as a normal guy he actually seems pretty decent. I really dislike him as a president but as a neighbor down the street I think he would be a pretty fun guy to have a beer with. Or play a round of golf. ;)

I think I'd have to struggle mightily to not walk up to him and start screaming obscenities, truth be told... and I'm not generally that type of person.

The guy just oozes pretention -- he's like some organic volcano of narcissistic slime. I don't know that I've ever seen a press conference where he didn't spend the majority of the Q&A talking down to any given reporter like they were a four year old that "had a wittle axe-ee-dent."

Politics aside, Obama is a bad person. And the precedent that he's setting for future officeholders occupying the White House -- of either party -- is downright dangerous.

It's fun remembering some of the more insane commentary on Obama from way back.

Barack Obama isn't really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway.

This is what I find myself offering up more and more in response to the whiners and the frowners and to those with broken or sadly dysfunctional karmic antennae - or no antennae at all - to all those who just don't understand and maybe even actively recoil against all this chatter about Obama's aura and feel and MLK/JFK-like vibe.

To them I say, all right, you want to know what it is? The appeal, the pull, the ethereal and magical thing that seems to enthrall millions of people from all over the world, that keeps opening up and firing into new channels of the culture normally completely unaffected by politics?

No, it's not merely his youthful vigor, or handsomeness, or even inspiring rhetoric. It is not fresh ideas or cool charisma or the fact that a black president will be historic and revolutionary in about a thousand different ways. It is something more. Even Bill Clinton, with all his effortless, winking charm, didn't have what Obama has, which is a sort of powerful luminosity, a unique high-vibration integrity.

Dismiss it all you like, but I've heard from far too many enormously smart, wise, spiritually attuned people who've been intuitively blown away by Obama's presence - not speeches, not policies, but sheer presence - to say it's just a clever marketing ploy, a slick gambit carefully orchestrated by hotshot campaign organizers who, once Obama gets into office, will suddenly turn from perky optimists to vile soul-sucking lobbyist whores, with Obama as their suddenly evil, cackling overlord.

Here's where it gets gooey. Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.