Two wheeled fun

seadoospray

In short...motorcycles! Anyone else ride?! Anything from cruising with highway pegs to scooters to motocross. Post 'em!

My rides:

Dirt- 2005 Yamaha YZ250 2-smoker, FMF Fatty pipe and Turbine Core II silencer, jetted carb

Street- 2007 Honda CBR600RR, Pizzo shorty levers, fender eliminator kit, tank protector, Shogun no-cut frame sliders, tinted windscreen

post-2500-14513560565154_thumb.jpg

post-2500-14513560572028_thumb.jpg

Motorcycles, best things after chubby girl created in that world !

I don't have any picture of my bikes to post for the moment, but i personnally have a Suzuki DR 125SM for the moment cause i'm only 18, but i sometime ride the Honda 650 Dominator of my father for fun ! That's not crazy bike, but i will have a Husqvarna SM 510 soon, and that will be a real bike ! :)

Finally have a little $$ set aside to get my first bike. I've been thinking about a Honda CB500F. Anyone have any feedback or advice?

Good choice! There's a few things to consider for your first bike. What are you going to do with it? Commute? Freeway? Joyriding? All of the above?

I haven't ridden one but some things to consider are:

There isn't much of a used market for those bikes because they haven't been out long. You'll pay more for such a new machine in both initial cost as well as insurance. Also as your first bike, every little nick and scuff will make you cringe. Have you considered a 2-5 year old used bike?

I've found this review for you as well. Hope this helps!

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/better-twin-2013-honda-cb500f-review

Used bikes were always in play- but purely from a price standpoint. I never thought about what would happen if i laid one down (or anything else) If i did that to a brand new bike id probably flip. Thank you!  :D Ill take a harder look at some used standards. An sv650 perhaps? Decisions decisions....

Used bikes were always in play- but purely from a price standpoint. I never thought about what would happen if i laid one down (or anything else) If i did that to a brand new bike id probably flip. Thank you!  :D Ill take a harder look at some used standards. An sv650 perhaps? Decisions decisions....

An SV650 is a solid choice as well! That was actually my second choice before I found the CBR I was looking for. They have a 270 degree offset crankshaft as opposed to your typical 180 degree V-twin, so they sound exactly like a Ducati. Totally badass! They're quick too, and the used market is plentiful. The overpriced dealer near me had an 06 for $3999, so I imagine they're in the $3000-$4000 range for around that year (depending on miles, etc). You'll certainly outrun a 600 inline four when you exit a corner!

Yeah, I have the saddest, most beat-down Aprilia RSV Mille. I bought it in '07 with 4,000 miles on it. It's got 52,000 miles on it now!

I had four cylinder Zuks for a few years before I went Italian. I rode my buddy's SV650, and got hooked on twins!

As far as starter bikes, I would say get an early 2000's R6, or Jiggy (GSXR). Carb bikes are a pain, that CB500 might have carbs... I post pics of the Ape with my Toyota 18RG block strapped to the rear seat!

Yeah, I have the saddest, most beat-down Aprilia RSV Mille. I bought it in '07 with 4,000 miles on it. It's got 52,000 miles on it now!

I had four cylinder Zuks for a few years before I went Italian. I rode my buddy's SV650, and got hooked on twins!

As far as starter bikes, I would say get an early 2000's R6, or Jiggy (GSXR). Carb bikes are a pain, that CB500 might have carbs... I post pics of the Ape with my Toyota 18RG block strapped to the rear seat!

I need to ride an SV650 or something of the like so I an experience a performance twin. I don't think a VTX 1800 or 883 Sportster qualifies there lol. My 600RR is my first street bike, bought it in October of '14...damn you, Michigan winters! I cannot wait for spring! My buddy offered for me to ride his Ducati 1098S this summer, I'm beyond stoked for that and can't imagine how it'll compare. Here's a pic of it, I don't remember what year it is though. It has an aftermarket exhaust...Termogi or something like that?

post-2500-1451356361536_thumb.jpg

Termignoni... That's a (mostly) Ducati specific exhaust manufacturer.

I love the fact that trail-braking is so much easier with the compression of the twin!

Yes that's it! I love my I-4 but the torque of a big displacement twin would be nice as well. As they say, my first bike won't be my last.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/15/2015 at 11:41 AM, Randall_1786 said:

Welp, after 4 years and an ill advised foray into Harley Davidsons, I finally did end up on an SV! ....Just not quite how I planned... Lol. 

So who's out riding this year?

IMG_20190601_160701.jpg