Gaming

fatadmir99

45 minutes ago, wgbrowser said:

What heroes do you play?  I usually flex when I play quick play, and by that I mean I'm a support/tank main lol

I usually flex as well tbh. However my main is Dva. I've got well over 200 hours on her. I'd say I also regularly play Tracer, Ana, Zen, Sombra, and on occasion, Widow or Hanzo. I will play Mercy if more sustained healing is needed. I also do play Zarya as well because I love my buff Russian wife. I've also gotten into Genji more too, but cannot, for the life of me, utilize his Dragonblade well enough to be competent in using him. lol Reaper and Soldier are one off's for me if it's absolutely necessary. Which heroes do you prefer playing (if you weren't put in for Flex?)

On 12/20/2017 at 2:14 AM, Jay Rock said:

I've been jumping around on a lot of games this past few months -- Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum/City, mainly. I think once I finish one of those I'll then move on to finish Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 is fantastic! 

I mainly play either that or Fallout 3/4, and usually do a few seasons on Football Manager now and then. 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ayumi_Chan said:

I usually flex as well tbh. However my main is Dva. I've got well over 200 hours on her. I'd say I also regularly play Tracer, Ana, Zen, Sombra, and on occasion, Widow or Hanzo. I will play Mercy if more sustained healing is needed. I also do play Zarya as well because I love my buff Russian wife. I've also gotten into Genji more too, but cannot, for the life of me, utilize his Dragonblade well enough to be competent in using him. lol Reaper and Soldier are one off's for me if it's absolutely necessary. Which heroes do you prefer playing (if you weren't put in for Flex?)

Overwatch was my first PC FPS, so I mained Mercy for my first year of playing because I liked support and my aim was crap lol.  I enjoy playing support, so play a lot of Mercy, Moira, Ana and Brig.  I try to be good with Rein/Orisa when my team needs a main tank, but I love off tanking as Zarya, there's nothing like bubbling a healer at the last second.  Mystery heroes is my jam though, I'll enjoy playing just about anyone. 

Since you have so much time on Dva, how do you like how they've changed her?  Her defense matrix is so short these days that I feel like I'm always screwing up the timing on when to use it.

2 minutes ago, wgbrowser said:

Overwatch was my first PC FPS, so I mained Mercy for my first year of playing because I liked support and my aim was crap lol.  I enjoy playing support, so play a lot of Mercy, Moira, Ana and Brig.  I try to be good with Rein/Orisa when my team needs a main tank, but I love off tanking as Zarya, there's nothing like bubbling a healer at the last second.  Mystery heroes is my jam though, I'll enjoy playing just about anyone. 

Since you have so much time on Dva, how do you like how they've changed her?  Her defense matrix is so short these days that I feel like I'm always screwing up the timing on when to use it.

Man, Dva.... I've seen all the iterations of her since the game launched. I agree that her DM has been harder to work with, especially since it only lasts 2 seconds before a 10 second cooldown period to bring it back up to full. But I think they've added enough to make her still work well. The only thing I wish they'd change about her is bringing her armor up to 300/300hp instead of 200 armor/400 hp. I do like the addition of the missiles for her since that does give her a bit more oomph when it comes to attacking because her guns didn't really do that much damage while diving in on an enemy, along with being able to shoot and DM while doing so. I think the most important thing to remember with Dva, or any hero really, is just kind of learning when certain heroes are about to ult. usually I know if a Zarya, or say Reaper is really focusing me and trying to get me down, they're about to ult and try to get me out of mech. SO knowing when to back off and kind of let your team know that they're about to is huge in also being able to time and conserve your DM as best as possible!

4 minutes ago, Ayumi_Chan said:

Man, Dva.... I've seen all the iterations of her since the game launched. I agree that her DM has been harder to work with, especially since it only lasts 2 seconds before a 10 second cooldown period to bring it back up to full. But I think they've added enough to make her still work well. The only thing I wish they'd change about her is bringing her armor up to 300/300hp instead of 200 armor/400 hp. I do like the addition of the missiles for her since that does give her a bit more oomph when it comes to attacking because her guns didn't really do that much damage while diving in on an enemy, along with being able to shoot and DM while doing so. I think the most important thing to remember with Dva, or any hero really, is just kind of learning when certain heroes are about to ult. usually I know if a Zarya, or say Reaper is really focusing me and trying to get me down, they're about to ult and try to get me out of mech. SO knowing when to back off and kind of let your team know that they're about to is huge in also being able to time and conserve your DM as best as possible!

You know, when I play Reaper in mystery, I always try to focus Dva to get her out of mech when I have ult for that exact reason, but I never thought to look for that same thing when playing as Dva!  I'm sure I overused my DM plenty of times against an aggressive Reaper/whoever because I haven't been paying enough attention.  Thanks :)

1 minute ago, wgbrowser said:

You know, when I play Reaper in mystery, I always try to focus Dva to get her out of mech when I have ult for that exact reason, but I never thought to look for that same thing when playing as Dva!  I'm sure I overused my DM plenty of times against an aggressive Reaper/whoever because I haven't been paying enough attention.  Thanks :)

No problem!! It's small stuff I've picked up on. Another thing I'll do is when Genji or Junkrat ults, I'll try my best to fly in the air so Mercy has a place to escape to if she needs it! I think it's one of those situational things that help a lot esp since Mercy can usually just float in the air long enough for Genji's ult to finish!

Just now, Ayumi_Chan said:

No problem!! It's small stuff I've picked up on. Another thing I'll do is when Genji or Junkrat ults, I'll try my best to fly in the air so Mercy has a place to escape to if she needs it! I think it's one of those situational things that help a lot esp since Mercy can usually just float in the air long enough for Genji's ult to finish!

As a Mercy main, you are an amazing person who I can't appreciate enough haha

• 1 month later...
Guest Doobit

After years of waiting since the initial confirmation, count this cybernerd as absolutely stoked with what they produced. What's everybody elses thoughts on it, aside from the bandwagon criticism over the lacking of a third person view?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 11:27 PM, Doobit said:

After years of waiting since the initial confirmation, count this cybernerd as absolutely stoked with what they produced. What's everybody elses thoughts on it, aside from the bandwagon criticism over the lacking of a third person view?

I'm actually looking forward to this title as well and can't wait for when it drops!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be a huge strategy gamer into paradox games. These days I still play ck2 sometimes but that's it. Now im getting back into rimworld thanks to the new update and I play fortnite every once in a blue moon but asides from that i dont really play much. Kinda thinking of getting into some indie rpgs though

• 3 weeks later...

Finished The Heist as part of Spider-Man's "The City That Never Sleeps" DLC season pack, and really enjoyed it. Not only was it just more of the great game that I loved playing, it actually had a storyline that I thought has very interesting potential for the character. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...