This is me we're talking about. What do you think it is, Magic The Gathering?

KFD

I bought some 16" wheels off Craigslist (because all GM dually wheels are the same, right?!), to replace the obscure 16.5" wheels. Put rubber on them, loaded my G35 with six wheels and tires, and away I went...

TIL not all wheels are the same...

Had to start over. Found the right wheels, had the powdered, and tires mounted.

IMG_20160219_173559349_HDR.jpg

e10f8b5d-8356-4c7e-981a-29edd826d4e6.gif

IMG_20160301_161312482.jpg

IMG_20160314_083208814_HDR.jpg

Stuffed the Aprilia in the Bomber after it was hanging out down here in San Dog and headed north (Even took it to a local car meet when it was down here, where it was a hit!). 

We had the wedding after six years of marriage on the second of this month, a few days prior, we took the Bomber to Rincon, set up cornhole, beer pong, made a campfire, and possibly consumed alcohol...

We had Ahi Tuna and scrambled eggs the next morning for breakfast. By the ocean.

IMG_20160318_181828920.jpg

IMG_20160326_105137505.jpg

IMG_20160328_160520133.jpg

IMG_20160328_173059289_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160329_092535170.jpg

We have a full summer planned for this thing, next weekend I'm wiring up the trailer electric socket (even though it has wiring and a hitch). The weekend after that. It's towing the Celica to Toyotafest in Long Beach, and when I'm bored of wandering the show, I can fire up the AC and play Vice City on the Xbox!

Fourth of July, we'll be at some beach, and there will be plenty of surfing, fishing, and a few car shows planned for the summer. 

I should post more on my vintage Rick Single Fin. It lives hanging from the ceiling, but at the moment it's in my closet down here with me.

IMG_20160410_111548413.jpg

IMG_20160423_104654350.jpg

IMG_20160410_110452497_HDR.jpg

• 1 year later...

Holy dead thread. 

So, I do have updates, I'll give you guys the 411 on that new addition to my stable.

So a few years back, I met a lady with an old Cressida up at the grocery store by my house. Since then, I have been the only person to turn a wrench on it. She has a nice Jaguar and a Land Rover, but prefers this old Cressida!

Another car of hers, is an '84 Supra she bought new fresh out of college. It got sidelined in 2011 due to a clutch issue.

Last week she called me up to fix a radio issue in the Cressida, and mentioned needing to make space in her driveway. She also mentioned that she would like to see the Supra go to me. She mentioned that she would like to see it go to me, and would $500 be a fair price?

Within the hour, the GMC RV towpig was three blocks from my house, loading a Supra in a U-Haul car transporter. It took me five minutes to pull the Cressida radio, and fix a plug issue, if you were wondering.

The back glass was broken, about 15 years ago. Back then, it was cheaper replace the entire hatch, so a rusty Celica hatch went on the car. Fast forward to today, it has some sizable rust holes in it. Same in the sunroof. It was left half open all this time, which luckily did not cause the floors to rust out. Last week, I was down San Diego I put my surfboard racks on my little Toyota Celica, went to the junkyard, and pulled a rust-free hatch from an '85 Celica. I found a correct Supra spoiler for it, and on the top of my little Celica it went!

I was having a serious idle issue, and the car would instantly stall out after it started up. I replaced the air flow meter on Friday as soon as I got back up here from San Diego. Car ran like a champ after that. The next issue I tackled, was the stuck sunroof the tracks were full of rust and grime and it would not even move. That same 85 Celica that gave me the hatch, also donated a sunroof, and sunroof track assembly. I took the sunroof track assembly to work with me this past week, ran it through my parts washer, and then used some lithium grease on the cables. I installed the sunroof and the track assembly this morning, and it moved by hand!

I was just the marking to Melinda a few weeks back about how the next hot rod is going to have air conditioning, power windows, and cruise control. This Supra checks all those boxes. I have looked at a 1970 Chrysler a few months back, and passed on it for the reason that it didn't have power windows or cruise control. This car is everything that I wished the Celica was, (NOT getting rid of my Kyusha road warrior!) Refined, smooth, quiet, and damn fast! 

Future plans include repainting the hatch and sunroof, installing new tires, fixing and recharging the AC system, and driving the crap out of it!

IMG_20170812_114633731.jpg

IMG_20170814_210551194.jpg

IMG_20170820_123946608_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...