Wait a minute. Did PlumpPrincess write an editorial for the Huffington Post?

hdot

Last week I read an article in the Italian main newspaper “Corriere della Sera” about plus-size modelling and, together with several pictures of famous plus-size models, there was one of BigCutieBritt. As you can easily imagine, there were tons of disgusted —and disgusting— comments (Italy is the country of fashion and skinny ladies).

Of course, it was impossible for the article’s author to understand that one thing is plus-size modelling and another is adult webmodelling, as well as curvy, chubby, or BBW are not the same thing. For her they were only obese ladies without any sense of ridicule.

Anyway, I was surprised that she posted a Britt’s photo instead of Courtney’s, not because Britt isn’t cute enough, but because the queen of BBW webmodels, the most legendary of all, is just Courtney.

Oh come on. Nobody can deny that morbid obesity can (but not always does) negatively affect health.

So? Isn't that said persons own problem?

Morbid obesity increases the chance on negatively affecting health. But so does getting in your car and basically all other things in life.

Do you people browse to car forums and post comments like "A lot of drivers have died. You better not get in that car. I liked you best before you had a drivers license"?

It must get tiresome for these people when they feel the need they have to constantly remind people when they're impairing their own health in some way (but mostly when they're fat).

I'm just a little tired of people thinking that 1) someone's weight is any of their business or 2) that they have the medical expertise to accurately judge someone's health, let alone judging it from some pictures on the internet.

Before someone says "it's my business because it's indirectly costing me money through the extra cost the obese put on the system"...that doesn't give you the right to dictate someone elses life. If it does, be prepared to have it done to you aswell.

I do kind of agree she is past the point of good health. A lot of SSBBWs have died. She was perfect around 250 or so IMO.

What in the hell is with the /fatpeoplehate logic, especially here, of all places!

So? Isn't that said persons own problem?

Morbid obesity increases the chance on negatively affecting health. But so does getting in your car and basically all other things in life.

Do you people browse to car forums and post comments like "A lot of drivers have died. You better not get in that car. I liked you best before you had a drivers license"?

It must get tiresome for these people when they feel the need they have to constantly remind people when they're impairing their own health in some way (but mostly when they're fat).

I'm just a little tired of people thinking that 1) someone's weight is any of their business or 2) that they have the medical expertise to accurately judge someone's health, let alone judging it from some pictures on the internet.

Before someone says "it's my business because it's indirectly costing me money through the extra cost the obese put on the system"...that doesn't give you the right to dictate someone elses life. If it does, be prepared to have it done to you aswell.

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth there. I agree with most of what you said. I was only pointing out that the guy that I quoted in my post is in an obvious state of denial. What he posted was like someone saying "so what if a lot of smokers have died?  A lot of non smokers have died too!"  It's just terrible "logic" that he's using.

Do you go car shopping and only buy cars that have been subjected to a nationwide recall due to their propensity to eventually break down or fail catastrophically?

Get real.

I'm sure you're scoring tons of points for making these comments in your ex-girlfriend's (PP's) secret ledger of favor, but the points that concern trolls make are based on inarguable fact and it's amusing to see sub-300lb males argue the reverse for props.

I think you've been hanging in this community for too long or too submerged in it if you think I give a rats ass about 'scoring points' with her or any other model/chick for that matter.

I believe what I believe because I believe it.

And to respond to your car example, it's not about buying a technically inferior car or not. It's about people telling you you can't buy that car because it has a hightened chance of some technical malfunction. It's my decision which car I buy, inferior or not.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough in the point I was trying to make.

I don't know much about her other than the MySpace memes and seeing her ads over the years, so I'm curious. Did she gain all that weight on purpose?

She did.

KFD it's not "fatpeoplehate", it's just my opinion. Don't take a differing opinion as some kind of personal attack or persecution, to each their own.

She did.

She didn't.

Or at least she has always said she just eats what she wants - which I believe. She's lost weight and gained weight over the years and as with everyone else weight usually goes up unless you take steps to avoid putting it on.

Guest justvisiting

Khaleesidelrey/Courtney Mina/PlumpPrincess has more followers on Instagram than there are members of Curvage, if that helps puts things into perspective.  Many of them are guys who thinks she's hot.  Even more of them are girls who admire her confidence, see her as a role model, or are looking for support and acceptance.  People are big and getting bigger.  As such, our role models are getting bigger too.

Curvage used to be a real destination for any fat appreciators/curve lovers or what have you on the Internet.  The body positive/plus size/fat acceptance, etc. movement has sped right past it.  Not to say that it's obsolete.  It's just that the movement has taken off and gaining more and more momentum as it goes.

And PlumpPrincess isn't the only one active in our neck of the woods to break into the plus size/body positive movement.  Three BigCuties have branched out into the movement.  BeccaBae is a popular fatshionista, Clementine has recently started her own blog, and I've seen Britt here and there.

I don't think it's ever been more normal or accepted to say, "I like fat girls."  Women like Courtney Mina/PlumpPrincess were previously only sexy in a fetishistic way.  Today, they're being acknowledged as sexy by large numbers of people, out in the open light.

I personally think it's exciting and positive.  I would guess much of Curvage feels the same way, but there will certainly be those who think otherwise.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that I don't think PlumpPrincess has even been sexier than she is right now!