Demi Lovato

zachi

6 hours ago, John Smith said:

Sincerely, I'm unsurprized by the issue of her sudden self-positivity urge. I find some of concerts increasingly suspicious.

For all the bluster of body positivity and “fat acceptance”.  Most women who claim they love themselves and their body deep down don’t want to be fat especially those in the public eye.  I think her growing up as a Disney Child actor contributed heavily to her body image issues.  Having to be “perfect” on set and on stage is something that she had to deal with at an early age.  Bring perfect even when she was growing up meant being a slim body size.  The results are documented.  There are so many child actors especially from Disney that grow up with a myriad of emotional issues.  She is a really pretty young lady even when she carries more weight but the need to be perfect for herself for her fans and trying to be a role model at the same time is just too much for her to carry.  Couple that with the fact that many of these young actors have been supporting their families for much of their lives the pressure must  immense.  I think she can still come back from this.  Drew Barrymore was a complete mess as a teen just like Demi and battled with drug abuse early in her adult life but she made it through and is still a successful actress in her 40’s.

3 hours ago, md2069 said:

For all the bluster of body positivity and “fat acceptance”.  Most women who claim they love themselves and their body deep down don’t want to be fat especially those in the public eye.

Yes, generally the more they talk about it and 'celebrate' body positivity means they are conflicted and often obsessed with it.  Better for a plus-sized celebrity never to mention her weight rather than talk about how 'liberated' she is by it.

Guest Vladimir Putin

Hardly surprising unfortanately. Her approach to food seems to share the same addiction patterns as her drug consumption.  And I think we can agree that peoplewho are actually comfortable with their bodies don't have to mention them every two seconds.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:17 AM, md2069 said:

For all the bluster of body positivity and “fat acceptance”.  Most women who claim they love themselves and their body deep down don’t want to be fat especially those in the public eye.  I think her growing up as a Disney Child actor contributed heavily to her body image issues.  Having to be “perfect” on set and on stage is something that she had to deal with at an early age.  Bring perfect even when she was growing up meant being a slim body size.  The results are documented.  There are so many child actors especially from Disney that grow up with a myriad of emotional issues.  She is a really pretty young lady even when she carries more weight but the need to be perfect for herself for her fans and trying to be a role model at the same time is just too much for her to carry.  Couple that with the fact that many of these young actors have been supporting their families for much of their lives the pressure must  immense.  I think she can still come back from this.  Drew Barrymore was a complete mess as a teen just like Demi and battled with drug abuse early in her adult life but she made it through and is still a successful actress in her 40’s.

When I keep saying to people Disney is a pathological, industry-mass mindwashing mess...

10 hours ago, John Smith said:

When I keep saying to people Disney is a pathological, industry-mass mindwashing mess...

Disney is at fault but the parents of these kids are the most responsible.  They allow Disney to use them up and spit them out.  Additionally the parents seem to be either super “involved” with the child actor or let them run unchecked.  How else would a 17 year old become addicted to cocaine and alcohol and need rehab in the case of Demi........Apparently her partying had contributed to her picking up the weight and she was self conscious about it but not enough to stop the drug use and partying..........I hope this time she wakes up and realizes what’s at stake.  25 turns into 40 quicker than a lot of people think.  She really needs to get it together now.

1 hour ago, md2069 said:

Disney is at fault but the parents of these kids are the most responsible.  They allow Disney to use them up and spit them out.  Additionally the parents seem to be either super “involved” with the child actor or let them run unchecked.  How else would a 17 year old become addicted to cocaine and alcohol and need rehab in the case of Demi........Apparently her partying had contributed to her picking up the weight and she was self conscious about it but not enough to stop the drug use and partying..........I hope this time she wakes up and realizes what’s at stake.  25 turns into 40 quicker than a lot of people think.  She really needs to get it together now.

I agree, man. Disney can be pretty messed up with this stuff. I seriously hope she's gonna be okay, and realizes this stuff herself

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fatcelebfan
On 7/28/2018 at 12:15 AM, Srala3200 said:

That piece of news surprised me, she looked pretty confident to me when she was performing during her most recent tour, shaking that massive booty of hers, who knows, that might be fake news.

11 hours ago, Fatcelebfan said:

That piece of news surprised me, she looked pretty confident to me when she was performing during her most recent tour, shaking that massive booty of hers, who knows, that might be fake news.

You obviously confuse self hyper-sexualizing with self-esteem as a full-part human being .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Demi was probably using cocaine to sliw down. Now that the she is "clean" (i.e. stopped using drugs during and after rehab), it's normal to gain weight. Anyway, I wish the best for her, she's a very beautiful young lady and a great singer. I'm sorry for her suffering, as it's sad to see someone so talented and beautiful using drugs. I hope she kicks this habit for good, permits herself to be curvier and healthier and go on with her career. She's so beautiful, we wish the best for her. :) 

2 minutes ago, renatobrazil said:

Demi was probably using cocaine to sliw down. Now that the she is "clean" (i.e. stopped using drugs during and after rehab), it's normal to gain weight. Anyway, I wish the best for her, she's a very beautiful young lady and a great singer. I'm sorry for her suffering, as it's sad to see someone so talented and beautiful using drugs. I hope she kicks this habit for good, permits herself to be curvier and healthier and go on with her career. She's so beautiful, we wish the best for her. :) 

Given her history, I highly, highly doubt she was using again to lose weight and I don't think she is vain enough to go to such extreme lengths to lose weight either.