Buying A New Scale

Guest slugowl

Guest slugowl

So, now that all my health stuff has been dealt with and I'm on the mend, I'm looking into buying a new scale for weighing myself. Now that I won't be sick all the time whenever I eat something, I'd actually like to delve into this lifestyle more and enjoy it with my boyfriend the way I intended months ago. Was wondering if anyone recommended any specific brands that weigh to a higher degree than others. I saw a few while browsing online that claim to connect to your smartphone and the only thing I found cool about that was the ability to keep up with everything I eat throughout the day. But I could just as easily do that in a journal of my own and, as it is, my boyfriend doesn't care at all for smartphones. The highest I've seen for a weight capacity on simple scales is 400lbs. I'm assuming that's probably the best I'll find for something I'd set in a corner of my bathroom or bedroom, but thought I'd check here first. I figure I'll have to shell out at least $20 for a decent, basic scale, but if there were one that has a higher capacity for the future, then I'd be willing to pay more now rather than later.

Right now the one I'm drawn to is at a max capacity of 400lbs and goes by the name Etekcity Digital. Anyone have something they liked better or know this brand and support it?

Guest slugowl

No, I haven't looked at Amazon. Wanted to purchase it in-store though so that it doesn't have a chance to get banged up during shipping. Most online reviews are pretty 50/50 on the condition and functionality of their scales depending on how they were handled during the shipping process.

As far as going over 400, I've not officially decided yet. My goal before surgery happened was to reach 300 because I wasn't terribly far from it. Now I have to work back up to it from less than halfway. ): But if I decided I wanted to continue on to over 400, I'd like to have the ability to without shelling out extra dough. It's mostly me being penny-pinching. Lol