Emilia Clarke/GoT Daenerys

ronin76

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lovecurvefat said:

from the first episode she looks to have gained some weight for sure. that arms are looking softer and thicker!!

Her arms are beautiful!  If you watch closely, you'll see that they actually sway and jiggle a bit when she walks.

She had gotten fairly lean for awhile, but for a girl going through such hardship, Daenerys is looking curiously plump.  She stands out amidst all the lean Dothraki women.  I'm glad Emilia Clarke is so strong-willed, otherwise she might have given succumbed to pressure to lose weight.

tumblr_o2eo48FSjP1s95j2so1_540.png

tumblr_o3qoxkzZaL1s95j2so2_500.gif

tumblr_o3qoxkzZaL1s95j2so1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qrd4hqGX1s2791bo1_250.gif

landscape-1459842733-emilia-clark-daenerys-targaryen.jpg

"18-year old Emilia, I'm going to quote this Sunscreen song at you, I know you know it. You are not as fat as you think you are.  There are some women who look some way, and there are other women who look another way. Like a whole other way. And the way that the other women look, people love. Because they look like women." 

Celeb women say that kind of stuff all the time yet they still stay thin

Emilia Clarke is thin.   She's just recognizing that her figure's a little fuller than a lot of female celebrities and that there's nothing wrong with that.  There was a video interview from Teen Vogue posted above, but it seems like Teen Vogue pulled the video shortly after posting it...

Holy shit, if this isn't just a face swap, then this is a next level morph. 

Have you seen the state of digital art these day?  With today's software, almost anything is possible.

Anyhow, check out this recent video.  She looks soft and lovely in her pink dress.  She's even got a cute, little belly!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Poko said:

She didn't show her body in the last episode

Well, the official explanation is that, for at least the past couple years, Emilia has just been much more resistant to doing nude scenes on general principal.  See, e.g., this article:   http://zap2it.com/2015/09/emilia-clarke-naked-game-of-thrones-sex-scenes/

But, that aside, it sure does seem like she's chunked up at least a little bit since she last let it all hang on on GoT.  ;)

That could very well not be Emilia's body. They filmed Cersei's walk of shame twice, once with the actress and another with her body double and then they edited them together (no idea how). Could very well be the same case here and would probably be a lot easier than with Cersei.

5 minutes ago, Vault Boy said:

That could very well not be Emilia's body. They filmed Cersei's walk of shame twice, once with the actress and another with her body double and then they edited them together (no idea how). Could very well be the same case here and would probably be a lot easier than with Cersei.

Except it is her body.  Over on phun.org there was a several page breakdown with every comment, interview, and quote about the whole process.  Just imagine what those guys could do for cancer research if they put their minds to that instead!

Guest basil
4 hours ago, valek said:

its not she has it written into her current contract that they use a body double for nude scenes.

Contracts only last for a certain number of seasons before they are rewritten. It is more than likely her contract expired last season and they rewrote it removing that bit, probably giving her a bit more money per episode in exchange

Emilia Clarke confirms her nude scene does not feature a body double in latest Game of Thrones 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/16/emilia-clarke-confirms-there-aint-no-body-double-in-recent-nude/

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3. That was a while ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ There ain’t no body double!”

“I feel now… I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity. In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros. If it’s gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I’m always in control.”

I think Emilia Clarke was mostly being wary of gratuitous sex scenes.  Maybe somewhat worried, too, that the producers might try to stick her in a Qartheen gown (one breast exposed at all times).  I don't think she'd have too much of a problem with this scene, seeing how it's just her standing there in the nude.  I think she'd be more annoyed if, in trying to keep more true with the books, they made her shave all her hair off every time she walked through fire (in the books, Daenery's skin is undamaged by flame, but her hair burns off along with her clothes).