Creative Writing

wildwriter

Hi all,

I like writing short stories on different subjects, and I would really like to write a weight gaining story (always wanted, never tried).

Unfortunately, English is not my native language so I am afraid I will do a lot of grammar and language mistakes.

Is anyone interested in reading such an flawed work?

Thanks.

I think the short answer to your question is almost certainly "yes."

It seems like good weight gain fiction is always in short supply relative to the demand.  If you've got a creative itch, I strongly encourage scratching it! 

As for the language thing, I understand your concern.  I've read a number of weight gain stories over the years that were natively written in German and then translated (sort of) into English.  They were still worth reading, but they also undoubtedly lost something in translation. 

That said, your English skills don't seem too bad to me.  Your English is infinitely better than my Romanian, and I appreciate that it's only thanks to your linguistic abilities we are able to communicate at all.  I suspect you could probably write a very readable story in English.

But, if you're really concerned about making your writing as polished as possible before releasing it for public consumption--and if so, good on you for having high standards!--then perhaps you might consider enlisting someone as an editor.  Given how serviceable your written English appears to be, if you wrote a complete draft, I think it would likely be fairly easy for any native English speaker with a knack for writing to fix obvious quirks and generally polish it to look "natural."    Be sure you establish a good level of trust and understanding before sharing unpublished materials with anyone, though.  You wouldn't want someone taking undue credit for your hard work.

• 5 months later...

I've got a project, though it's secondary to the main novel I'm working on, that does involve weight gain to an extent; it's a sci-fi premise in which a certain synthetic drug is put into circulation as a contaminant in certain street drugs, primarily heroin. This drug has a latency period, but eventually it causes a person to either gain or lose weight at a supernaturally impossible rate, depending on which variant on a certain gene the person is. Extreme weight gain, weight loss, feeding, anorexia, etc. are going to be major themes in the book. I've only got a couple of chapters at the moment, but once I've got it more fleshed out and have more to offer I wouldn't mind making it available if anyone is interested. It does involve the feeding fetish/FA to an extent, but it is not quite the primary focus of the story.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I started to use Grammarly with Microsoft Word when writing my own stories, it really helps out with grammar issues you may/may not have.

I got back into creative writing recently after a lengthy hiatus. The only way I've so far managed to consistently write for a long period of time is to just commit to writing the same story every day. Otherwise I'm scared I'll get bored or procrastinate.

• 2 months later...