Charlize Theron

Guest nickcave

Guest Fatcelebfan

Wow, 35lbs??? That must be a new female record for most weight gained for a role in a major motion pic, I know Renee Zellwegger gained about 25 pounds for Bridget Jones The Edge Reason, but most actresses would gain only about 10lbs if they had to gain weight for a movie role. 

9 hours ago, Fatcelebfan said:

Wow, 35lbs??? That must be a new female record for most weight gained for a role in a major motion pic, I know Renee Zellwegger gained about 25 pounds for Bridget Jones The Edge Reason, but most actresses would gain only about 10lbs if they had to gain weight for a movie role. 

Not actually.

Toni Collette gained 40 lbs for Muriel's Wedding. I also think the chick from Gordos (obviously, a Spanish language film) may have gained about that much.

5 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Not actually.

Toni Collette gained 40 lbs for Muriel's Wedding. I also think the chick from Gordos (obviously, a Spanish language film) may have gained about that much.

There are also a heap of roles where people have gained even more than that for a role in smaller/TV movie roles that go unrecognized. I can't think of any at the moment, but i'm sure people have some stashed away somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a video sequence from the talk show Ellen dating from last year ago.

She began to look a bit fatty granny with her mature face all fuller, greyish hair at the temples, softy arms and most above all that burgeoning hint of doublechin from hers. Even her vocal tone deepened a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Vladimir Putin
On 3/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, dunchester said:

0:44

Probably just my imagination, but I can't help thinking that scene sums up the strange feeling of liberation Charlize had while shooting this. The freedom to be sloppy and overweight like most women her age with an artistic excuse.

• 1 month later...