USA presidential elections

Guest _Antipathy

Guest _Antipathy

So, how's it going over there? I'm in Europe but would be curious to see wether there's Trump or Hillary supporters in this forum, as well as other people's opinion on the elections.

Okay, I'll bite.  I'm surprised that there is not a thread for this already.

I take a very keen interest in politics (I have a master's degree in political science) and immerse myself in every election cycle.  As far as the presidential contest is concerned, this is the first time that I have ever written-in a candidate.  In my opinion, there is no point choosing between Clinton and Trump; the former is a corrupt, pathological liar with blatant disregard for the rule of law who knowingly jeopardized national security for personal gain, and the latter is an emotionally immature, sexist egomaniac with no apparent capacity for impulse control.  Both are driven principally by the pursuit of power, and both are statists who seek to grow the size and scope of the federal government at the direct expense of individual liberty.  As for the minor-party candidates, Jill Stein is a loon (she thinks that we should have let Osama bin Laden live), Gary Johnson is a fraud (look at his record as Governor of New Mexico; he was a big-spending liberal, far from libertarian), and Evan McMullin is simply not a factor outside of Utah (I am in California).  In light of all this, I wrote-in Mitt Romney as a protest vote.  While I am well aware of the practical pointlessness of this, there is something to be said for principle.

Guest An Optimist
On 11/8/2016 at 9:28 PM, Mike Rotch said:

Okay, I'll bite.  I'm surprised that there is not a thread for this already.

I take a very keen interest in politics (I have a master's degree in political science) and immerse myself in every election cycle.  As far as the presidential contest is concerned, this is the first time that I have ever written-in a candidate.  In my opinion, there is no point choosing between Clinton and Trump; the former is a corrupt, pathological liar with blatant disregard for the rule of law who knowingly jeopardized national security for personal gain, and the latter is an emotionally immature, sexist egomaniac with no apparent capacity for impulse control.  Both are driven principally by the pursuit of power, and both are statists who seek to grow the size and scope of the federal government at the direct expense of individual liberty.  As for the minor-party candidates, Jill Stein is a loon (she thinks that we should have let Osama bin Laden live), Gary Johnson is a fraud (look at his record as Governor of New Mexico; he was a big-spending liberal, far from libertarian), and Evan McMullin is simply not a factor outside of Utah (I am in California).  In light of all this, I wrote-in Mitt Romney as a protest vote.  While I am well aware of the practical pointlessness of this, there is something to be said for principle.

Why would Trump be seeking power? Seems to me his is driven by his ego, not by hunger for power. People don't change that much - if he were power hungry he'd have sought public office way sooner, instead he was in business..

I can't imagine how embarrassing and humiliating today must be for the more enlightened folks in the US, because Donald Trump is utterly insufferable to anyone of intelligence. America's top priority should be an urgent overhaul of its education system to ensure this kind of calamity doesn't happen again. Good luck, America. (PS. Don't let him fuck up the rest of the planet as well).

The magnitude of the shock everyone experienced Tuesday night can't even be adequately described. People on all the non-Fox News election coverage shows were visibly stunned, some on the verge of tears; it's not that just some of the polls and forecasts were wrong, they were ALL wrong. This WASN'T supposed to happen, and yet hear we are....with President-elect Donald Trump, who won on the backs of hateful white people everywhere.

UK residents who had to watch Brexit pass are probably the only ones who know how we feel as a nation right now. This is the beginning of a collosal shift for the US as a nation, and it's going to be very, very shitty a long, long time.

6 hours ago, willow215 said:

I can't imagine how embarrassing and humiliating today must be for the more enlightened folks in the US, because Donald Trump is utterly insufferable to anyone of intelligence. America's top priority should be an urgent overhaul of its education system to ensure this kind of calamity doesn't happen again. Good luck, America. (PS. Don't let him fuck up the rest of the planet as well).

Education isn't the only problem, we as a country should have never been put into a situation where we had to pick the lesser of two evils like this. Not a signal person who ran in this election was worth a damn and it didn't help that the media played softball with Trump and Clinton through out this entire farce.

5 hours ago, hazy said:

UK residents who had to watch Brexit pass are probably the only ones who know how we feel as a nation right now. This is the beginning of a collosal shift for the US as a nation, and it's going to be very, very shitty a long, long time.

Well, I'm from the UK and despite my loathing for Nigel Farage I voted for Britain to leave the EU. In the UK and I suspect in the US, there is a huge gulf in opinions between the electorate and politicians in terms of immigration. My work brings me into contact with many immigrants on a daily basis, for the most part they are good, decent, hard working and likeable people. I have no problem with them coming to the UK, but the fact is, Britain is a small and already over populated island. Our schools, hospitals and housing sector are struggling to cope with the massive numbers that have arrived in the last decade or so. Politicians on the left and right just do not understand that ordinary people suffer when immigration is so high. It means less jobs are available and lower pay for people who were born in the UK.

It's this lack of understanding and refusal to listen by the politicians to what are genuine and legitimate (not racist) concerns, that produce opportunities for the likes of Trump and Farage. Fortunately for Britain, Farage is not our PM, (the one we have is awful enough though). I just feel so sorry for the decent Americans who have to suffer and tolerate having the equivalent of a Kardashian running their country.

4 hours ago, A Saucerful Of Harry said:

Not a signal person who ran in this election was worth a damn and it didn't help that the media played softball with Trump and Clinton through out this entire farce.

You're right, it was like a choice between burial or cremation. Trouble is you ended up with a guy with the emotional maturity of a five year old. Sadly, the world appears to be headed toward darker times.

Im all in for Trump. I see eye to eye with almost all of his policies and he is a true American hero.

also we are cool with Russia now, something that would not be possible if Hillary won. Unfortunately, we have a large amount of society that is brainwashed by liberal media and seriously thought Hillary was a good choice. 

With a Hillary win, many trump supporters like myself saw the death of America. Trump will bring us energy and prosperity.

12 minutes ago, cenahater5001 said:

Im all in for Trump. I see eye to eye with almost all of his policies and he is a true American hero.

also we are cool with Russia now, something that would not be possible if Hillary won. Unfortunately, we have a large amount of society that is brainwashed by liberal media and seriously thought Hillary was a good choice. 

With a Hillary win, many trump supporters like myself saw the death of America. Trump will bring us energy and prosperity.

haha where's this copypasta from? some ignorant brainwashed cretin on r/the_donald i imagine

The fact that you and so many others suspend all rational thinking and eat up the hitler/fat bastard hybrids' ridiculous rhetoric is just perplexing to me. Hillary was far from the ideal candidate and fickle af but atleast had pragmatic approach whereas trump literally makes sweeping statements while providing very little to no evidence/elaboration as to the logistics or even the details of these grand endeavors he has .

He's also 100000x more likely to ruin international diplomacy and instigate a ww3, whether deliberately or through flippant and disrespectful remarks. 

I mean everyone's' entitled to form their own opinions but you've literally been indoctrinated man

This is a copy pasta but it summarizes where I come from as a moderate. 

Trump is the natural result of the left's highly politically correct, anti-white, anti-male and anti- American rhetoric.
Turns out if you demonize the people you disagree with, paint them as racists and oppressors and tell them that any and all of their successes are a result of some unearned "privilege," they will create a counter-revolution.
Progressives, Trump is the consequence of your actions, your rhetoric, and the identity politics you brought into American politics. You made your bed, now lie in it.

3 hours ago, cenahater5001 said:

Were not at all cool with Russia, whatever friendship Trump and Putin have has definitely changed now that Trump is president and if you don't think so you're being naive. The reason Putin is happy about Trump being elected president is simply because he can manipulate him easily to get what he wants, I'm sorry but it's pretty damn stupid to trust an ex-kgb agent to not stab you in the back when you're not looking.

3 hours ago, djozo012 said:

This is a copy pasta but it summarizes where I come from as a moderate. 

Trump is the natural result of the left's highly politically correct, anti-white, anti-male and anti- American rhetoric.
Turns out if you demonize the people you disagree with, paint them as racists and oppressors and tell them that any and all of their successes are a result of some unearned "privilege," they will create a counter-revolution.
Progressives, Trump is the consequence of your actions, your rhetoric, and the identity politics you brought into American politics. You made your bed, now lie in it.

I can agree with some of that but on the other hand I think the right should've had a thicker set of skin, I mean as a group that loves to complain about people playing victim they have no problem doing that themselves.

3 hours ago, cenahater5001 said:

he is a true American hero.

Really? The man who dodged the draft while at an Ivy League University and yet has the temerity to criticise John McCain for being captured on his 23rd bombing mission? Your true American hero is a conman who prays on the terminally gullible, and you are a worrying and depressing example of how easy it's been for this man to lie his way into the White House. YOU actually do deserve this man as your president. Millions of intelligent Americans who had the savvy to see through this dangerous bigot DO NOT.

Also Russia is not bad, unless you give a fuck about ukraine or crimea or whatever the fuck. If you care so much then maybe you should move there. America needs to stop meddling in other nations issues, thats what NATO is supposed to be for. We will now work with Russia to take down ISIS and we can focus on our real enemies, ISLAM

Guest loljuicepwn
On 10/11/2016 at 1:49 PM, cenahater5001 said:

Nah google it, totally original. Also not gonna show any shame for being a white male and voting for him. Im not one of the cucked whites who shill for media and non-whites. 

Hillary is a psychotic warhawk, ww3 would be guaranteed by 2018 if she won. 

Perhaps educate yourself. WW2 started after an econonic downturn and a man using hate-speech and scapegoating a minority whilst preeching about a master race. All whilst the marginalised informed liberals warned about a war and were dismissed by the ignorant brainwasges mass. Fear of a second world war almost stopped the second. Hopefully this time people realise before it's too late.

46 minutes ago, cenahater5001 said:

America needs to stop meddling in other nations issues, thats what NATO is supposed to be for.

That's true enough and the same for the UK which can't wait to dive into any war it thinks it can't lose. Fact is though, cena, if you're a white working class male in America, you're about to find out you've served your purpose. Politicians lie. He has no intention of helping you, so best not get too comfy on that cloud. 

6 hours ago, das Hirschlein said:

I feel he's not as crazy as the media told us. He was somehow acting during  all the campaign to gain attention.

Maybe. But the way he acted during the campaign means he's burnt his bridges with vast swathes of the American public. He can't undo any of that and he's never going to be the president to unite the US. That said, I don't know of any country that can truthfully be called united anyway. I know Britain isn't and the division is growing greater all the time.