The Slowest Champion -Revisited-

riptoryx

3 minutes ago, bolton said:

Hey Riptoryx

I've really enjoyed the last two installments, (well the whole story actually) but did not see that twist coming!

I don't remember ever posting in the Stories section before, so can I count as lurker please!

I'm so looking forward to the conclusion (but will be a bit sad it will be finished) and the only thing missing for me so far is a weigh in.

Thanks for an awesome story.

Hey, @bolton! Fancy meeting you outside of the Lucy Collett thread!

Very glad to hear you're enjoying it! And if by "twist" you mean Delilah's twisted interests, neither did Kara! Oops?

Giving you "lurker credit," though? You're realllllly tryin' to stretch the rules, there. :P Hm. Well, so far we're at -3 hours, courtesy of @gogocrazy, but...we'll see.  We'll see. 

1 hour ago, riptoryx said:

Hey, @bolton! Fancy meeting you outside of the Lucy Collett thread!

Very glad to hear you're enjoying it! And if by "twist" you mean Delilah's twisted interests, neither did Kara! Oops?

Giving you "lurker credit," though? You're realllllly tryin' to stretch the rules, there. :P Hm. Well, so far we're at -3 hours, courtesy of @gogocrazy, but...we'll see.  We'll see. 

Ha ha...what can I say, I'm a sucker for chubby ginger glamour model whose gained 50lbs!

Speaking of which, as you have writers perspective, how much would you say Kara has gained in total?

7 minutes ago, bolton said:

Speaking of which, as you have writers perspective, how much would you say Kara has gained in total?

I'm actually a bit reluctant to answer that. I've deliberately tried to avoid assigning many concrete "stats" in the story. You'll notice that, up through the latest installment, I've never said how much any character weighs. Partly this is because, to the extent such stats matter, I want the reader to make up his or her own mind based upon the descriptions and self-determined imagery. Partly it's because I think I'm not especially good at guessing the "right" weight for a given size. 

Another reason I'm reluctant to answer is that right now we're in a very...fluid part of the story for Kara, weight-wise. "In total" has been a pretty rapidly changing thing for Kara, particularly since returning from that last party at Sarah's house. 

All that said, I do have my own, personal opinion about what Kara's "stats" might be at any given time. At the risk of remaining frustratingly cagey, by the end of this latest installment, I'd say the amount she's gained is...considerable. I mean, she's been making Delilah look relatively trim by comparison recently, "particularly in profile." Kara is far from in top form anymore.

Guest vslppt1
2 hours ago, riptoryx said:

I'm actually a bit reluctant to answer that. I've deliberately tried to avoid assigning many concrete "stats" in the story. You'll notice that, up through the latest installment, I've never said how much any character weighs. Partly this is because, to the extent such stats matter, I want the reader to make up his or her own mind based upon the descriptions and self-determined imagery. Partly it's because I think I'm not especially good at guessing the "right" weight for a given size. 

Another reason I'm reluctant to answer is that right now we're in a very...fluid part of the story for Kara, weight-wise. "In total" has been a pretty rapidly changing thing for Kara, particularly since returning from that last party at Sarah's house. 

All that said, I do have my own, personal opinion about what Kara's "stats" might be at any given time. At the risk of remaining frustratingly cagey, by the end of this latest installment, I'd say the amount she's gained is...considerable. I mean, she's been making Delilah look relatively trim by comparison recently, "particularly in profile." Kara is far from in top form anymore.

Another brilliant installment. The only thing I miss from this "episode"is more detailed physical description of Kara, but reading the above this might have been a conscious decision. Nevertheless, much appreciated. 

• Moderators

Excellent work sir. It truly is. I've been holding off posting as I wanted to read the entirety first but you've broken my resolve. I like the twist with Delilah, a pleasant and genuinely unexpected moment there - and I also like the ambiguity about the characters' sizes that you've mentioned before.  

As others have said, a physical description would have been excellent, but I get the impression that you're saving that for the final chapter. Speaking of which i'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap this up. 

Of course, it's a common trope of our fiction, but I can't help but wonder if Deliliah's consistent and excellent work in helping to encourage Kara'a development was entirely innocent... whilst Kara may have started down the path towards growth through her own inactivity and misplaced confidence, it seems that Deliliah might have given her a rather hefty and potentially intentional shove? 

7 hours ago, vslppt1 said:

Another brilliant installment. The only thing I miss from this "episode"is more detailed physical description of Kara, but reading the above this might have been a conscious decision. Nevertheless, much appreciated. 

It's coming...  ;)

7 hours ago, engineermeister said:

Excellent work sir. It truly is. I've been holding off posting as I wanted to read the entirety first but you've broken my resolve. I like the twist with Delilah, a pleasant and genuinely unexpected moment there - and I also like the ambiguity about the characters' sizes that you've mentioned before.  

As others have said, a physical description would have been excellent, but I get the impression that you're saving that for the final chapter. Speaking of which i'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap this up. 

Of course, it's a common trope of our fiction, but I can't help but wonder if Deliliah's consistent and excellent work in helping to encourage Kara'a development was entirely innocent... whilst Kara may have started down the path towards growth through her own inactivity and misplaced confidence, it seems that Deliliah might have given her a rather hefty and potentially intentional shove? 

Delilah's motivations and desires in all of this are ambiguous, so your wondering is well-founded. And I think Kara is probably puzzling through similar worries herself, right about now. At the very least, during that last night Delilah did seem less than shy about exploring and exploiting to her sexy advantage every inch of Kara's weight gain. It's not a coincidence that Delilah was consistently positioned "dominantly" relative to Kara throughout that scene--making the first move, straddling Kara and pinning her down, dictating what she eats and when, groping Kara's body assertively and in ways that seem specifically calculated to probe and highlight the extent of Kara's growing chubbiness, and even in being the "penetrating" partner in multiple respects.

Was Delilah "entirely innocent?" Hah. I don't think Delilah is capable of that level of innocence. She's a trouble-maker. I think It's more a question of exactly what kind of trouble might she have been trying to make, and for how long.  ;)

6 hours ago, blade17 said:

This is truly excellent work. The pacing, the dialogue, and the imagery - all fantastic. Disappointed we're nearing the end, but grateful for the journey.

Thanks, @blade17! And thanks for getting us to the conclusion 3 hours earlier!

2 hours ago, scl04 said:

I really like this story, the only thing I hope is to see Kara's reaction when she see's she has become pretty wide recently with a bit of a teasing, I'll be waiting for the next chapter, great stoy

Thanks! Kara's in a pretty darn vulnerable state right now. Things have really spiraled out of control, with her weight being the common cause-or-consquence of many of her troubles. The teasing opportunities are certainly ripe for that poor, soft, sad little thing...

And thanks for the 3 hour boost, too.

1 hour ago, Reddave515 said:

Is it bad that I that I think that this is better than the original? How is this for delurking

No? I mean, I hope it's better than the original! What a waste of time for me this will have been if it's not! :P

And that's some quality delurking.  3 hours worth, at least.

In fact, that's a total of 12 hours shaved off the upload time so far. Keep those first and/or second ever Curvage posts coming!

43 minutes ago, jojoabc123 said:

Karasaurus sex. Hahaha

Hey, they can't all be gems! It seemed quite brilliant to Delilah when she was high. Besides, Kara's kind of a sucker for flattery. Particularly since the last party at Sarah's, she's been an absolute glutton for that kind of validation, regardless of how superficial it might be.

Guest vslppt1
5 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

...No? I mean, I hope it's better than the original! What a waste of time for me this will have been if it's not!

Yeah, some pretty slick writing. The time span slipped in effortlessly and amount of food consumed described without really taking about it.

2 hours ago, vslppt1 said:

Yeah, some pretty slick writing. The time span slipped in effortlessly and amount of food consumed described without really taking about it.

And I think that's kind of how it must feel for Kara, too. Sort of a "Wait, what? How did I...? Where did all of this come from? When did all of this even happen?" Though, if she can manage to be brutally honest with herself, she knows the answers.

Guest vslppt1
2 hours ago, riptoryx said:

And think that's kind of how it must feel for Kara, too.  Sort of a "Wait, what? How did I...? Where did all of this come from? When did all of this even happen?"  Though, if she can manage to be brutally honest with herself, she knows the answers.

I have a feeling she never quite realised that she grew bigger than Jessie and definitely not that she is now even bigger than her roommate. And never ever imagined that she might end up bigger than Jessie was in the beginning, which I think she is now or at least soon will be. 

7 minutes ago, vslppt1 said:

I have a feeling she never quite realised that she grew bigger than Jessie and definitely not that she is now even bigger than her roommate. And never ever imagined that she might end up bigger than Jessie was in the beginning, which I think she is now or at least soon will be. 

Rolls and reversals all over the place! Mmmm! ;)

14 hours ago, riptoryx said:

It's coming...  ;)

Delilah's motivations and desires in all of this are ambiguous, so your wondering is well-founded. And I think Kara is probably puzzling through similar worries herself, right about now. At the very least, during that last night Delilah did seem less than shy about exploring and exploiting to her sexy advantage every inch of Kara's weight gain. It's not a coincidence that Delilah was consistently positioned "dominantly" relative to Kara throughout that scene--making the first move, straddling Kara and pinning her down, dictating what she eats and when, groping Kara's body assertively and in ways that seem specifically calculated to probe and highlight the extent of Kara's growing chubbiness, and even in being the "penetrating" partner in multiple respects.

Was Delilah "entirely innocent?" Hah. I don't think Delilah is capable of that level of innocence. She's a trouble-maker. I think It's more a question of exactly what kind of trouble might she have been trying to make, and for how long.  ;)

Thanks, @blade17! And thanks for getting us to the conclusion 3 hours earlier!

Thanks! Kara's in a pretty darn vulnerable state right now. Things have really spiraled out of control, with her weight being the common cause-or-consquence of many of her troubles. The teasing opportunities are certainly ripe for that poor, soft, sad little thing...

And thanks for the 3 hour boost, too.

No? I mean, I hope it's better than the original! What a waste of time for me this will have been if it's not! :P

And that's some quality delurking.  3 hours worth, at least.

In fact, that's a total of 12 hours shaved off the upload time so far. Keep those first and/or second ever Curvage posts coming!

Hey, they can't all be gems! It seemed quite brilliant to Delilah when she was high. Besides, Kara's kind of a sucker for flattery. Particularly since the last party at Sarah's, she's been an absolute glutton for that kind of validation, regardless of how superficial it might be.

delurking...

Haha i am new and i have to say that this is a really great work.... I have read many stories about wg and role reversal( their combo is my favourite kind of story), but this is Probably the best. Sorry that it's ending! I wish to read many others of your writings. It's good to "delurk" myself now,for a right cause?.... i especially liked the complex relationships between every character, only maybe you should have added more details to kara's male relationships and their change, but ,i repeat, the story is really great.   And sorry for my not so good english!

6 hours ago, Gundu said:

delurking...

Good enough for government work, I suppose.  <_< Though the 23 posts documented on your account suggest you're not quite a "lurker" in narrow sense of the sort I have been specifically trying to lure out.

6 hours ago, Pietro said:

Haha i am new and i have to say that this is a really great work.... I have read many stories about wg and role reversal( their combo is my favourite kind of story), but this is Probably the best. Sorry that it's ending! I wish to read many others of your writings. It's good to "delurk" myself now,for a right cause?.... i especially liked the complex relationships between every character, only maybe you should have added more details to kara's male relationships and their change, but ,i repeat, the story is really great.   And sorry for my not so good english!

Thanks, @Pietro! It's true, I haven't done much with the male characters. Most have existed simply to further specific plot points, or to be a foil for Kara's current habits and status by their own default characteristics. At various points while writing I considered more directly exploring the vaguely suggested sexual tension between Kara and assistant coach / scouter Steve. Was there something there, or was it all merely Kara's youthful, egocentric imagination? And if there was something there, did it change because Kara started losing her slim figure and race-winning speed, or perhaps for some other, more subtle reason?

Ultimately, I left most of that ground unexplored, partly because I thought it might detract from the forward momentum of the story, and partly because I figured that most readers were likely to be interested primarily in the female characters so I should focus my efforts on them. That said, I do think you have identified a spot where I've glossed over some potentially interesting stuff.

For what it's worth, I do think there's at least a little bit of evolution to be seen in Kara's relationship with some male characters in the material still to come. Perhaps not as full of an exploration as one might care for, but still...something.

And your English seems plenty serviceable to me! In fact, for not only making your first-ever Curvage post in this thread, and making it a thoughtful one, but also doing so in a language other than the one with which you are most comfortable, I'm gonna give you double credit, and bump up the next release by 6 hours.  :D

16 minutes ago, Pietro said:

Ahah great!?,I'm  both happy and sad for the upcoming ending

And there's post #2! 3 hours sooner yet again! ;)

It'll be bittersweet for me, too. I've spent so long with this story and these characters, it'll be difficult setting that aside.

The way you have woven the sub/dom theme into the last chapter of this story is truly excellent. It goes without saying that this rewrite has been incredible well-thought out and executed, on all ends. There's an awful lot to be learned by any aspiring writer that's reading this piece for the first time. This is really well nuanced story, filled with delicious subtlety and additional context that make it one of my favorite all-time stories.

The chapter at the party in particular was wonderful. I have always been someone that enjoys "knowing the numbers" and that numerical representation of weight gain. This interest ranges from pants/dress sizes, bra sizes, ring sizes, and of course, the actual number of the scale. I know that you have purposefully avoided that during this story and it has been incredibly effective. Avoiding that type of data altogether and relying solely on beautifully written descriptions has really added to the overall enjoyment of this story and made the visuals that much more vivid.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope this is not your last story.

18 hours ago, saylor00 said:

Excellent story so far! Keep up the good work. This is worth delurking for.

Thank you, @saylor00! I hope you stay delurked!

Courtesy of you, the conclusion will be going up another three hours earlier. :)

12 hours ago, KarmaMel said:

Just curious riptoryx.....    How long have you been planning this revisit?  Have you taken it different ways/places than you first intended?

A bit over two years, I suppose. I didn't spend all that time actively working on it, of course. At the outset, I made a promise to myself that I would only work on the story when I had the right combination of opportunity, inspiration, and energy. There would be weeks or months where I didn't type a single word, look at the document, or even think about it. But it was never too far from my mind, and I would always come back to it eventually.

During that time, the story has evolved quite a lot relative to the task I had originally laid out for myself. Beyond my own self-directed fussing over plot points, it's gone through two major edits (courtesy of @Maverick). The first edit, in particular, resulted in major changes to the overall timeline and story arc--mostly by greatly expanding the focus on Kara's time at Stanford. Somewhat less drastically but still very important was the input I got from my creative consultant, "Ali." She's my resident expert on NCAA stuff, and swimming in particular--scholarships, recruitment, competitions, etc. It was her idea that Kara's university of choice be Stanford, for instance. I'd originally had it as some nonspecific "State University," but she corrected me--emphatically--that based on what I had outlined, the school I was describing was Stanford and it's women's swimming and diving program, whether I knew it or not. Without her help, I probably wouldn't have nearly as much effort to fact-check the details of athletic events and university setting. 

If I could share with fellow writers of pervy fiction just one take-away lesson I've learned during the course of writing this story, it's that having strong editorial and informational support is extremely valuable. I think any writer, no matter how talented, can benefit from thoughtful, constructive editorial review.  

11 hours ago, maxymumspyder said:

The way you have woven the sub/dom theme into the last chapter of this story is truly excellent. It goes without saying that this rewrite has been incredible well-thought out and executed, on all ends. There's an awful lot to be learned by any aspiring writer that's reading this piece for the first time. This is really well nuanced story, filled with delicious subtlety and additional context that make it one of my favorite all-time stories.

The chapter at the party in particular was wonderful. I have always been someone that enjoys "knowing the numbers" and that numerical representation of weight gain. This interest ranges from pants/dress sizes, bra sizes, ring sizes, and of course, the actual number of the scale. I know that you have purposefully avoided that during this story and it has been incredibly effective. Avoiding that type of data altogether and relying solely on beautifully written descriptions has really added to the overall enjoyment of this story and made the visuals that much more vivid.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope this is not your last story.

Thanks, @maxymumspyder!

I do love me some power dynamics mixed in with my weight gainz!

I'm a big fan of clothes and other items that provide a fixed-size constraint in weight gain fiction. They can be such a naturally perfect barometer of weight gain, with all sorts of identity, beauty, self-determination, public perception, and other social drama baked right in.

The hitch, for me at least, is that I'm just not very confident in my understanding of how the numbers (weights, or particularly clothing sizes) translate into visuals. I have some generalized conception of how a size 2 might look versus a size 12 versus a size 24, sure. But I have a hard time painting a fun mental picture when sizes are the main milestones of change. For me, that information alone doesn't communicate as much--or excite me as much--as the details of how something is (or isn't) fitting, and why. To lean on a sports analogy, the numbers might be one way to track the "score," but I'm usually more thrilled by seeing the actual plays themselves. And, of course, when referencing sizes there's always the risk that you might fail to connect with some part of your audience that draws a very different mental picture of what a given "size" looks like compared to your own mental image....  It can be tricky!

At the moment, I don't have any concrete plans for another story after wrapping up "The Slowest Champion -Revisited-."  As I mentioned in my response to @KarmaMel immediately above, I spent over two years tinkering with the story to get it this far. While I could perhaps hasten my creative process to some degree, the constraints of my day job coupled with my own habits mean I'm likely never going to be cranking out material very fast.

But, I do have a few kernels of story ideas rattling around in my head (who doesn't?), and I'm certainly still interested in writing. I may even solicit input from folks who have enjoyed this story as to what sort of thing they might like to see me try next. (No promises!)

• Moderators
3 hours ago, riptoryx said:

But, I do have a few kernels of story ideas rattling around in my head (who doesn't?), and I'm certainly still interested in writing. I may even solicit input from folks who have enjoyed this story as to what sort of thing they might like to see me try next. (No promises!)

Oooh... dare we ask for spoilers as to what some of these concepts might be? After this excellent take on a classic theme, i'm intrigued to see what other traditional tropes you have in your sights... or if you're going off-piste entirely!