The Slowest Champion -Revisited-

riptoryx

Guest shegotfat

Kara is starting to feel in her own skin how things used to be for Jessie, and she's clearly not liking it. She didn't bully Jessie in the past but she was totally unempathic to her plight because she was too absorbed by the bubble of her easy life as an alpha female. You can't really feel sorry for her. Tom liked her because she had a hot body and ignored Jessie because she was fat. Now the tables have turned she has no right to be angry. So many of these 'hot babes' only seem to worry about 'body shaming' and 'superficiality' once they get fat, when up to that point they loved reaping the fruits of that mentality.

6 hours ago, shegotfat said:

Kara is starting to feel in her own skin how things used to be for Jessie, and she's clearly not liking it. She didn't bully Jessie in the past but she was totally unempathic to her plight because she was too absorbed by the bubble of her easy life as an alpha female. You can't really feel sorry for her. Tom liked her because she had a hot body and ignored Jessie because she was fat. Now the tables have turned she has no right to be angry. So many of these 'hot babes' only seem to worry about 'body shaming' and 'superficiality' once they get fat, when up to that point they loved reaping the fruits of that mentality.

Your insight there may cut deeper than even Kara herself would be willing to acknowledge at this point!

I remember the original party scene from the Flaming Hades version, and I think the changes you made really brought the scene to life. If I remember correctly, most of the broad strokes of the scene are the same, but the pacing in your version feels more deliberate. I like that Jessie was able to take a little bit of joy in seeing Kara knocked down a peg. It's not pure schadenfreude at Kara's fall and the apparent role reversal, just a realistic moment where Jessie realizes how much has changed, and how she enjoys her newfound status. I enjoyed this; too often in role reversal stories, the "victim" ends up becoming just as bad, if not worse, than the original bully. This has always struck me as an overly neat and tidy storytelling device, and while it has its merits, I'm glad to see that the characters are taking precedence over a pre-set structure. It's nice to see the characters being figuratively as well as literally fleshed out.

As far as the direction the story's going: Kara's gotten all the indirect signals that she is no longer the star athlete that guys lust after, but I'll be interested see what happens if/when this new reality is made explicit. I wonder how Kara will react when someone tells her in no uncertain terms what she already knows--she's fat.

26 minutes ago, jewbacca said:

I remember the original party scene from the Flaming Hades version, and I think the changes you made really brought the scene to life. If I remember correctly, most of the broad strokes of the scene are the same, but the pacing in your version feels more deliberate. I like that Jessie was able to take a little bit of joy in seeing Kara knocked down a peg. It's not pure schadenfreude at Kara's fall and the apparent role reversal, just a realistic moment where Jessie realizes how much has changed, and how she enjoys her newfound status. I enjoyed this; too often in role reversal stories, the "victim" ends up becoming just as bad, if not worse, than the original bully. This has always struck me as an overly neat and tidy storytelling device, and while it has its merits, I'm glad to see that the characters are taking precedence over a pre-set structure. It's nice to see the characters being figuratively as well as literally fleshed out.

As far as the direction the story's going: Kara's gotten all the indirect signals that she is no longer the star athlete that guys lust after, but I'll be interested see what happens if/when this new reality is made explicit. I wonder how Kara will react when someone tells her in no uncertain terms what she already knows--she's fat.

Yes, the second-party-at-Sarah's-house is an important milestone. It was the penultimate scene in the original story, and here it remains similar in its broad strokes:

• Kara, Sarah, and Jessie reunite.
  • When together, it is obvious that Jessie has lost substantial weight, while Kara has done quite the opposite.
  • Tom shows up and chooses to dance with Jessie instead of Kara.
  • Kara spends the evening sulking, until eventually drunkenly stumbling upon Jessie and Tom having sex.
  • Kara leaves the party in a huff.

My additions to that framework largely consist of extra dialogue and descriptive detail. You can thank @Maverick for Kara's affirmative yet unsuccessful efforts to lure Tom's interest--he specifically encouraged me to emphasize that.

For my money, probably the biggest change in how theis scene feels here versus in the original stems from a few simple but fundamental alterations I made to the timeline and the characters' ages. In the original, the events of the story seemingly take place all within the span of one academic year. While she is a year older and a class rank ahead, at the time of this party, in the original Kara is still attending high school with Sarah and Jessie. 

In my version, Kara is two years and two class ranks ahead of Sarah and Jessie at the start of the story--a senior to their sophomores. Also, the events of the story are all spread out over a longer period of time. Instead of just a few months since Kara's high school championship performance, this party is taking place roughly a year later. I think the age gaps and the more roomy time frame help sell a lot of the shifts that have occurred, both physical and social.

Being two years ahead, Kara inherently stood somewhat apart from and above the other two girls at the outset. In a literal sense, she was kinda out of their league. Then, as things progressed, Kara went away to college while the other two continued their high school careers. This set them on very different paths. Sarah and Jessie have grown in prestige and prominence within their high school peer group, and the void initially left by Kara's absence has naturally healed with time, even (if perhaps less completely) for a longtime childhood friend like Sarah. Meanwhile, the dominant self-image Kara enjoyed at the outset of the story has not only been challenged in her new college environment, but more or less shattered, leaving her sense of identity a bit adrift. Neither Sarah nor Jessie necessarily are aware of anything that's gone on at Stanford, and that asymmetry of information adds another layer of complication to how the scenario plays out. Of course, Kara's own "growth" over the past year is still pretty obvious in other ways--the pinching, tied-twine fit of her panties beneath that figure-hugging dress being a notable example.

I really do enjoy playing with these dynamics of social power, influence, and self-confidence--maybe more than most readers really care for. Hopefully I've kept enough of it in the background, merely implied, so as not to frustrate those folks who are here strictly for the potbellies and jiggly behinds. ;)

As for how Kara will cope with the walls--and outfits--seemingly closing in on her...stay tuned! :D

Guest vslppt1

excellent writing. Out of curiosity, do you write in any way, shape or form outside this type of writing? Or are you just talented :)

23 minutes ago, vslppt1 said:

excellent writing. Out of curiosity, do you write in any way, shape or form outside this type of writing? Or are you just talented :)

D'awww! I do make a living with my words, in a sense. This is the most "serious" effort I've ever made at writing fiction, though. It's definitely a much different animal than what I work with in my day job, but there's probably some cross-benefit. 

Guest shegotfat
11 hours ago, riptoryx said:

Yes, the second-party-at-Sarah's-house is an important milestone. It was the penultimate scene in the original story, and here it remains similar in its broad strokes:

• Kara, Sarah, and Jessie reunite.
  • When together, it is obvious that Jessie has lost substantial weight, while Kara has done quite the opposite.
  • Tom shows up and chooses to dance with Jessie instead of Kara.
  • Kara spends the evening sulking, until eventually drunkenly stumbling upon Jessie and Tom having sex.
  • Kara leaves the party in a huff.

My additions to that framework largely consist of extra dialogue and descriptive detail. You can thank @Maverick for Kara's affirmative yet unsuccessful efforts to lure Tom's interest--he specifically encouraged me to emphasize that.

For my money, probably the biggest change in how theis scene feels here versus in the original stems from a few simple but fundamental alterations I made to the timeline and the characters' ages. In the original, the events of the story seemingly take place all within the span of one academic year. While she is a year older and a class rank ahead, at the time of this party, in the original Kara is still attending high school with Sarah and Jessie. 

In my version, Kara is two years and two class ranks ahead of Sarah and Jessie at the start of the story--a senior to their sophomores. Also, the events of the story are all spread out over a longer period of time. Instead of just a few months since Kara's high school championship performance, this party is taking place roughly a year later. I think the age gaps and the more roomy time frame help sell a lot of the shifts that have occurred, both physical and social.

Being two years ahead, Kara inherently stood somewhat apart from and above the other two girls at the outset. In a literal sense, she was kinda out of their league. Then, as things progressed, Kara went away to college while the other two continued their high school careers. This set them on very different paths. Sarah and Jessie have grown in prestige and prominence within their high school peer group, and the void initially left by Kara's absence has naturally healed with time, even (if perhaps less completely) for a longtime childhood friend like Sarah. Meanwhile, the dominant self-image Kara enjoyed at the outset of the story has not only been challenged in her new college environment, but more or less shattered, leaving her sense of identity a bit adrift. Neither Sarah nor Jessie necessarily are aware of anything that's gone on at Stanford, and that asymmetry of information adds another layer of complication to how the scenario plays out. Of course, Kara's own "growth" over the past year is still pretty obvious in other ways--the pinching, tied-twine fit of her panties beneath that figure-hugging dress being a notable example.

I really do enjoy playing with these dynamics of social power, influence, and self-confidence--maybe more than most readers really care for. Hopefully I've kept enough of it in the background, merely implied, so as not to frustrate those folks who are here strictly for the potbellies and jiggly behinds. ;)

As for how Kara will cope with the walls--and outfits--seemingly closing in on her...stay tuned! :D

It's nice to see Kara go from big fish in a small pond to small fish in a big pond. Will she end up being devoured? Well, they say you have to get out of your comfort zone, don't they? ;)

5 minutes ago, shegotfat said:

It's nice to see Kara go from big fish in a small pond to small fish in a big pond. Will she end up being devoured? Well, they say you have to get out of your comfort zone, don't they? ;)

Indeed! Once content being the sleekest shark in the shallows, seemingly all of a sudden Kara has instead found herself a small, juicily plump, slow little fish way out in the depths. She's "out of her comfort zone," alright. So is pretty much her entire wardrobe. 

Guest shegotfat

Yeah, small fish only in the figurative sense. In this particular pond the small streamlined fish eat alive the big, slow, flabby fish. ;)

Guest shegotfat

I have a feeling the small fish will gang together to attack the bloated fish en masse now they've smelled the scent of blood.

11 hours ago, shegotfat said:

Well, for starters her team mates will go down on her like a pack of hyenas.

The Stanford team? Hm. Their season is over, so the pressure is somewhat "off" in that respect, but I suppose we may soon see!

10 hours ago, Matt L. said:

Role reversal is very entertaining, it'll be amusing when Jessie is promoted in social status while Kara has been demoted to wannabe. 

To the extent those two ever wind up sharing the same social circles again--let alone in a competitive setting--it could...interesting!

I must say by this point I admire the character Sarah.  Despite all that the young woman has had to endure by the sudden snub and virtual loss of her best friend she took the high road.  Although you hinted that she might've reached her limits.

Too bad Kara didn't dance, that would be a sight.  Then again, her beau is a DJ.  Perhaps he might play a rather bouncy tune?

Excellent touches with the minor details.  Kara once able to throw together anything with no effort and still look stunning... now has to put some effort into it.  And this, without her truly realizing the extent of the damage!  Having Jessie taller just made it ever so more delectable.

I love that you still have so many options!  Kara could put up the good fight, she could even win.  There could be varying degrees of success that still leave her humbled.  She could lose (Or gain) weight unevenly.  She could yo-yo.  She could free fall.  Or any combination of the above.   And that's not to mention just who you decide to include in this growing adventure.

My hat is off to you. 

I know you mentioned this story being in "OUR" universe.  That didn't stop me imagining poor Kara in Cherie Bennett's "Life in the Fatlane"  I don't know if you ever read the book, but the premise really caught my eye.  No matter how much the beauty queen exercised or dieted she gained 2 pounds a week.  (I'd have preferred a 1lb/week ratio)

Imagine Kara getting inexorably heavier, little-by-little no matter how hard she trains.  With the added weight, her times suffer.  And that is without her dieting too hard.  Once she gets serious with the diet, her body gets weaker AND slower.  All this while people ASSUME she is lazy. 

2 hours ago, KarmaMel said:

I must say by this point I admire the character Sarah.  Despite all that the young woman has had to endure by the sudden snub and virtual loss of her best friend she took the high road.  Although you hinted that she might've reached her limits.

Too bad Kara didn't dance, that would be a sight.  Then again, her beau is a DJ.  Perhaps he might play a rather bouncy tune?

Excellent touches with the minor details.  Kara once able to throw together anything with no effort and still look stunning... now has to put some effort into it.  And this, without her truly realizing the extent of the damage!  Having Jessie taller just made it ever so more delectable.

I love that you still have so many options!  Kara could put up the good fight, she could even win.  There could be varying degrees of success that still leave her humbled.  She could lose (Or gain) weight unevenly.  She could yo-yo.  She could free fall.  Or any combination of the above.   And that's not to mention just who you decide to include in this growing adventure.

My hat is off to you. 

Thanks!

I think Sarah generally means well, yeah. While sometimes about as subtle and delicate as a brick, she'd be a good friend to have by your side. And a bad one to have set against you.

Kara's definitely not able to pull off the same casual "perfection" that she once could. Lots of things are becoming more difficult for her, and that's not a trend to which she is at all accustomed. Indeed, having been so blessed with throw-it-on-and-go good looks for so long, Kara is inexperienced and relatively ill-equipped when it comes to planning fashion choices that camouflage and flatter what one might describe as..."problem areas."

1 hour ago, KarmaMel said:

I know you mentioned this story being in "OUR" universe.  That didn't stop me imagining poor Kara in Cherie Bennett's "Life in the Fatlane"  I don't know if you ever read the book, but the premise really caught my eye.  No matter how much the beauty queen exercised or dieted she gained 2 pounds a week.  (I'd have preferred a 1lb/week ratio)

Imagine Kara getting inexorably heavier, little-by-little no matter how hard she trains.  With the added weight, her times suffer.  And that is without her dieting too hard.  Once she gets serious with the diet, her body gets weaker AND slower.  All this while people ASSUME she is lazy. 

I've heard of "Life in the Fat Lane," but I've never actually read it. I probably ought to, though. 

The scenario you paint would be a nightmare, from Kara's perspective. So much effort and sacrifice, yet worse than nothing to show for it in terms of results? Faced with that kind of demoralizing futility, the poor girl's determination would probably collapse into despair pretty quickly.

Note:  We're nearing the end of the story. Be sure to read this post (LINK) about the forthcoming conclusion.

For many, the events at Sarah’s party would have been a wake-up call. But not for Kara. That would mean conceding. Instead, she seemed to view the experience as a challenge, as something to be rebutted.

Back at Stanford and hungry for validation, rather than practice some corrective restraint, Kara doubled down on letting loose. She partied harder, stayed out later, drank too much, slept too little, smoked up, went down, missed more classes than meals, and never got near a pool. Cheering her on every step of the way was Delilah.

Mere trains passing in the night during the autumn quarter, going into the spring quarter the two roommates became constant companions, thick as thieves. Even when the occasional hook-up parted their ways, it was never for long. On many a morning-after, the pair shared a dining pavilion table, swapping scandalous details about their latest conquests in between gobbled bites of greasy breakfast burritos. The two even converged on fashion, as Kara acceded to the comfortable perks of Delilah’s leggings-and-hoodie chic.

This relative homogenization of appearance went beyond the merely sartorial, however. Earlier in the year, and despite the stubborn consequences of her summer excess, Kara had still cut the obviously-much-trimmer silhouette whenever paired alongside her roommate. Lately, however, that distinction had blurred considerably. Indeed, by the latter half of the spring quarter, if asked to compare, most likely would have judged Kara to be the chunkier of the two—particularly when viewed in profile. While Kara had once privately marveled at the mystery of how Delilah remained “merely heavyset” and not “as big as house” eating as she did, clearly it was not an ability Kara shared.

Yet when it came to negativity, Delilah gave no quarter. If ever she caught Kara in a dour mood, she always had some ready ploy to distract and assuage. Booze, bongs, boy-talk, and burgers—all did the trick from time to time. Yet not least among Delilah’s tools were her cheeky compliments, with which she basted Kara heavily and often.

“Oh. Em. Jeepers! You look so hot!”

“Watch out, world! The Karasaurus Sex is on the loose and gonna eat some meat tonight!”

“Uh, Babe City’s census just came in. Population: you.”

For months, Delilah’s enabling combination of relentless encouragement and infectious complacency kept Kara’s confidence inflated just enough to avoid being overtaken by her now recklessly-expanding girth. Indeed, the siren song was so entrancing that Kara could almost completely tune out the quietly panicked desperation lurking in the corners of her mind. She could almost completely overlook the way snagging some male’s self-affirming attention grew just a bit more challenging from one overindulgent week to the next. She could almost completely ignore the constant gnawing at her increasingly fragile self-delusion. Almost. Until the day she couldn’t.

Colorful strands of beads rattled beneath the interior handle from which they draped, as Delilah jostled open the door to her shared dorm room and shuffled inside.

“Fuckin’ chem lab helllllllllllll!” Delilah groaned. She slammed the door closed with a kick of her heel.

Lying atop her bed, wrapped around a body pillow and clad in her pajama set of drawstring flannel pants and oversized t-shirt, Kara stirred slightly but otherwise gave no reaction to the blustery entrance.

Derek. I kid you not: Worst. Lab partner. Ever.” Delilah continued, as she shook loose the droplets still clinging to her umbrella. “He can’t count. That’s my only explanation. He cannot count.” She leaned the umbrella beside the doorframe, then started toeing free from her muddy shoes. “I mean, is he from Thermopylae? ‘Where numbers count for nothing?’” Delilah flashed air quotes with her fingers. “Like, seriously, I dunno how, but he cannot read a burette.”

“’Meniscus?’” Delilah parodied, in a deeper, goofy tone. “’Dafuq is dat?’”

Shoelessness achieved, Delilah closed her eyes, raised one hand, and placed the other on her chest. “I swear to zombie Jesus—hallowed be thy name—if I had to repeat just one more stupid titration tonight I was gonna gnaw off his useless head and dump the waste solution down his neck.”

Delilah cleared her throat. “Annnnnd are you just gonna keep lying there like laundry or are you gonna get on board and tell me how right I am?”

“…Laundry,” Kara murmured.

“…What?” Delilah turned, fists planted on her hips. Only then did she notice the way her roommate was huddled, the tissues on her nightstand, the damp marks on her pillow, the gaze fixed vacantly on the opposite wall.

“Kara, are— Have you been crying?” Delilah dropped her bookbag on the floor and hurried to her side. “Oh my god, what’s wrong, Care Bear?”

Kara burrowed her face into the pillow. “I dunno,” she mumbled. “Everything? My fucking life?”

“Awww,” Delilah cooed, and crouched down to Kara’s level. “C’mon, you can tell me.”

Kara shrugged her shoulders and sniffled amidst the pillow’s fluffiness.

“Tsk. Kara, Babe…” Delilah persisted.

Dolefully, Kara pointed towards her nightstand.

Following the direction of Kara’s gesture, Delilah spied an opened envelope, half hidden behind wadded tissues and a nearly-empty bag of M&Ms. She stood up and fished it out.

Within, she found a letter. The stationary marked it as coming from the head coach of the Stanford Women’s Swimming and Diving program. In a hushed tone, Delilah read the document aloud.

Dear Ms. Miller:

It is the mission of Stanford Athletics to provide each student-athlete with the tools necessary to achieve the highest levels of academic and athletic performance of which he or she is capable. By maximizing personal and collective effort in every setting where skill, determination, and hard work combine, Stanford Swimming and Diving embodies uncompromising commitment to victory and promotes a university-wide culture of health and fitness.

As you know, Division 1 swimming is a highly competitive sport. As head coach, it is my responsibility to build the University’s program in a way that promotes not only individual growth but also team success.

Unfortunately, I am not able to offer a renewal of your athletic scholarship for the coming academic year. This was a difficult decision. If you have any questions, please call my office to make an appointment and we can discuss the—

“Wait,” Delilah interrupted herself, “I don’t understand. Does this mean--?”

“It means they’re taking away my scholarship,” Kara huffed, and rolled onto her side. Her voice choked into a sob. “It means they think I was a mistake. It means I’m not good enough. It means they don’t want me anymore. Nobody does!”

Delilah opened her mouth to make some retort, but then closed it without saying anything. She lingered beside Kara’s bed, thoughtfully tapping her foot. After a few moments, she carefully folded the letter back into its envelope and returned it to the nightstand.

“OK. Stay right there,” Delilah ordered. “I know what to do.”

Before Kara could ask what that meant, Delilah had grabbed her wallet and marched back out of the dorm.

Some while later, Delilah returned, lugging a large pizza box and grocery bags. Kara raised a brow and leaned forward to peer down from her bed as Delilah began unpacking the load in the middle of the floor.

“What’d you—“

“Extra-large deluxe pizza…cheesy bread…Nutella…Ben & Jerry’s S’mores, times two…” Delilah began a roll-call of the assembled goodies. As she ran down the list, Delilah briefly modeled each item for Kara’s viewing admiration, like a QVC showcase. “…and last but certainly not least, Malibu rum.”

“Ugh.” Kara shook her head. “But…”

“This is pizza therapy, Kara. You need it. Stat. Trust me.”

Kara buried her face in her hands. “Fucking hell, Delilah” she mumbled, then sighed. “…Fine.”

“That’s the spirit!” Delilah beamed, and gently lobbed a plastic tumbler into Kara’s lap. “I’ll pour.”

“I mean, what’d they even expect you to do?” Delilah asked, as she tipped the last drops of the rum into Kara’s waiting tumbler.

“I don’t even know.” Kara tossed back a swift swig. “I just—“ she coughed, then continued. “I did everything right, you know?”

The two girls lounged side by side on the floor, leaning against Kara’s bed. Between them rested a grease-stained box with nothing but gnawed pizza crusts remaining. Delilah squinted into the up-ended bottle of rum, then, with a shrug, carelessly tossed it near the two empty, toppled ice cream cartons slowly leaking their soupy dregs onto the linoleum. The bottle rolled in a loop, then finally came to a halt beside the vacant cheesy bread box.

“It’s so unfair!” Delilah commiserated, nibbling on a pizza crust.

“So unfair,” Kara agreed. She fished a crust from the pizza box and dunked it into the dwindling supply of Nutella.

“You know what that is? This whole thing? It’s…it’s a logical fallacy, that’s what it is. That means it’s bullshit. It’s bullshit, Kara.”

“Mmm hmm,” Kara droned around a cheek-swelling mouthful.

Delilah rolled her head to the side and looked at her roommate. Kara’s shirt bore battle damage from their recent feast; grease stains and a dribble of drying ice cream littered its front. Eyes foggy and half-lidded, Kara stared blankly ahead as she mechanically chewed through the latest bite. A thick smear of Nutella lay caught at the corner of her mouth.

“Hey,” Delilah chuckled, “hang on, you got a little something right there…” She reached across and gently swiped the chocolatey goop from Kara’s face with her index finger. “See?” she held her finger up for inspection. Kara squinted at it suspiciously. With a playful “boop,” Delilah tapped a little dollop onto Kara’s nose, and giggled.

Kara uttered a grunt of vague disapproval. Then—to Delilah’s surprise—she grabbed Delilah’s wrist and sucked her finger clean with an audible “pop.”

“Hah,” Kara declared, in bland satisfaction, and released Delilah’s wrist.

Suddenly pensive, Delilah bit her lip and looked at her hand. She swallowed.

Moving carefully, Delilah shifted onto her hands and knees. “You, uh, still got a bit on you…” Delilah murmured.

Kara’s eyes widened as Delilah leaned over her and sensuously licked the dollop of hazelnut frosting off the tip of her nose. Kara held her breath while Delilah hovered, wordlessly, their faces mere inches apart.

“Did you get it all?” Kara finally asked, her voice hushed.

Delilah shook her head. “Not yet.”

Propping herself up on one arm, Delilah slipped her free hand behind Kara’s head, laced her fingers into Kara’s hair, and then pressed lips to Kara’s in a passionate kiss.

Kara flinched. For a moment, she was frozen. Then, like heated butter, she melted into Delilah’s embrace. Closing her eyes, she reciprocated, teasing Delilah’s eager lips with her tongue.

Propelled by the clumsy urgency of youthful lust, Delilah scooched herself on top of Kara, straddling Kara between her thighs. Breaking free of their kiss with a mutual gasp, Delilah repositioned her weight onto her legs, then slipped her other arm beneath Kara’s t-shirt and slid her hand up to cup one of Kara’s breasts. She clamped her palm around its fleshy warmth. Kara arched her back and let out a little moan. Her moan segued into a whimper of dazed pleasure as Delilah nuzzled against the soft underside of Kara’s jaw and neck, pecking a long, winding trail of sharp, toothy little nibbles across her sensitive throat.

Delilah paused her attentions and sat up to catch her breath. Panting, she looked down at her roommate, pinned between her legs and wedged awkwardly against the bedframe. The face looking back up at her—rounded, flushed, and moist with perspiration—bore a desperate expression equal parts uncertainty and yearning. Below that, Delilah’s eyes were drawn to the pale slab of Kara’s belly—soft, heavy, swollen with plumpness, and egregiously stuffed, it pooched inelegantly out from under her ridden-up t-shirt.

Adopting a sultry smirk, Delilah grabbed the jar of Nutella. She swabbed a gooey glop of the rich confection onto two fingers, then held them in front of Kara’s mouth. Obligingly, Kara wrapped her lips around Delilah’s proffered digits. Delicately, slowly, eyes closed, she began to suck, lick, and swallow the sweetness.

As she did, Delilah laid her other hand against Kara’s middle, lightly tracing the contour of its curve, back and forth, back and forth. Then, she dipped her thumb into the depth of Kara’s navel, hooked her fingers around the chubby bulge of Kara’s lower belly, and squeezed.

Kara yelped an indignant, heaving squeak, and her eyes flew open. Withdrawing her sticky fingers from Kara’s mouth, Delilah met Kara’s conflicted, flustered gaze and growled assertively. Then she leaned down and kissed her again. Releasing Kara’s belly, Delilah slid her hand beneath Kara’s waistband in search of a lower target.

Kara dug her nails into Delilah’s hips and shuddered in ecstasy.

When Kara awoke early the following afternoon, it took a moment before she got her bearings. She wasn’t accustomed to seeing the room the vantage point of Delilah’s bed. Even less so while nude and snugly little-spooned against its still lightly snoring usual occupant. With each slow and steady breath, Delilah’s stomach and chest pressed softly against Kara’s back. One of Delilah’s arms wove under her own and loosely cradled Kara’s breasts. A mangled patchwork of memories from the night before paraded through Kara’s aching mind as she struggled to take stock of the situation. Brow wrinkling into a troubled furrow, Kara’s heart began to beat faster.

While she continued to ruminate, Delilah stirred.

“Mm. Good morning, Lover,” Delilah whispered, and gently pinched Kara’s nipple between thumb and forefinger.

Kara squeezed her eyes shut and silently counted to three. Then, she took Delilah’s hand in her own and slowly but firmly removed it from her breast.

“Hm?” Delilah queried, raising her head.

Kara did not answer. Instead, she lifted the sheet and, in brief flurry of pale, bouncing flesh, darted up from Delilah’s bed, across the room, and into her own.

“…Kara?” Delilah asked, worry creeping into her tone.

Kara burrowed under the covers and bundled herself into a tight little ball, her back to Delilah.

“Kara, what’s—“

“I’m sorry,” Kara stated, her voice raw and husky. The words came without affect, almost monotone.

“Sorry?” Delilah sat up, drawing the sheets around herself. “Why? For what? What are you—“

“I don’t know what happened last night,” Kara lied, “but I can’t. I’m sorry.”

“…Kara…” Delilah pleaded.

“Please,” mumbled the lump beneath the covers of Kara’s bed, “just…leave me alone.”

Alright, folks. You just read the penultimate installment. The next post will be the conclusion.

So here's the deal, very much like the last time (except better):

• Right now, I'm planning to upload the conclusion at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time, Saturday, January 28.
  • For any lurky-lurker readers still lurky-lurking out there, if you make your first-ever or second-ever Curvage post in this thread, I will upload the conclusion to Curvage THREE hours earlier for each such post.

De-lurk! Read kinky girl-getting-fat stuff sooner! Everybody* wins!

*Except Kara, probably.

16 minutes ago, dicktracy said:

de-lurk you bastards!

Four lurkers make their first two posts = 1 day earlier.

There's an opportunity for even just a handful of folks to make a big difference! Tell your lurky friends.  ;)

*EDIT: Just FYI, peeking in the "Online Users" registry a bit earlier, I saw at least three Curvage members with 0 posts to their name listed as viewing this topic. Users like, say...@Ehwhsheidifk. Not to name names. <_<   ...pssst! We know you're out there! 

Gotcha.PNG

De-lurking time ! :D

Fabulous, great and fun story. That's a really well done job so far and I'm very curious about the last part.

Honestly, I usually don't answer or gives a second thought to writer asking X number of comments in order to post the next installment. However, I do reply to this one because it's the very first time that I feel it is done in good fun. Kudos to you, Riptoryx;)

13 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

Four lurkers make their first two posts = 1 day earlier.

There's an opportunity for even just a handful of folks to make a big difference! Tell your lurky friends.  ;)

Hey Riptoryx

I've really enjoyed the last two installments, (well the whole story actually) but did not see that twist coming!

I don't remember ever posting in the Stories section before, so can I count as lurker please!

I'm so looking forward to the conclusion (but will be a bit sad it will be finished) and the only thing missing for me so far is a weigh in.

Thanks for an awesome story.

Just now, gogocrazy said:

De-lurking time ! :D

Fabulous, great and fun story. That's a really well done job so far and I'm very curious about the last part.

Honestly, I usually don't answer or gives a second thought to writer asking X number of comments in order to post the next installment. However, I do reply to this one because it's the very first time that I feel it is done in good fun. Kudos to you, Riptoryx;)

Thanks, @gogocrazy!

Really, I'm not trying to grub for comments--though I do LOVE reading comments! What I'm trying to do is encourage more folks to participate in Curvage as community, and particularly those folks who have kinky interests similar to my own (i.e., the kind of folks who would still be reading this story after so long). 

So, welcome aboard! I hope this first post is far from your last! :D