Girls all over the world gaining weight right now

Ayatollah

Does anyone else have the feeling that there seems to be an absolute record of young women putting on weight right now and it makes me crazy because now with the holidays and all that eating I can only imagine how many women can't get into their jeans anymore, completely rounded out from all the eating in the winter, fat rolls spilling all over, bellies and asses growing and stuff. I also have the feeling that unlike maybe 10 years ago there is a majority of women who can't even control themselves anymore, formerly thin women sporting muffin tops in public and hot girls in the club in tight dresses which don't fit them quite well anymore, I mean in my eyes they seem to be everywhere because women seem to keep getting lazier and lazier and food addicted, mostly the younger ones like 20 years old and upwards. And we, the fat admirers only see like 1% on this page here. I think thats really sad but I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shegotfat

Still no match for the good ol' USA with a 40.4% or Egypt with 50.3%! :o

Answering my own question it seems there are quite a lot of obese fatties in the Czech Republic (22.3%), practically the same as in Germany, actually. I don't know why I thought it would be a thin country. Maybe because so many models come from that area. For some reason there seems to be a big jump between Germany on one side and the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark on the other. I've lived in Scotland and I can certify that flab reigns there. Even stunning thin girls had a belly and a spare tyre on them.

Latvia at 32.6% is very impressive. Big jump from Lithuania at 15.2%. Maybe different methodologies? It's hard to think Latvian women are over two times as greedy as their Lithuanian neighbours. Greece with 37.7% for girls looks like one for the future.

Unfortunately they don't have data for overweight. The sum of obesity and overweight is what gives us the percentage of sexy chubbettes.

There is this Wikipedia table though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Body_Mass_Index_(BMI)#WHO_Data_on_Prevalence_of_Overweight_.28BMI_.E2.89.A5_25kg.2Fm2.29_.282014.29

Cook Islands seem to be fatty paradise. Here are some of the thinnest Cook Island girls especially selected for the tourists ;):

Salad? What's that?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shegotfat
On 28/1/2017 at 11:55 PM, Elias said:

what are the rates for the future thought? Looks like the rates have been the same for a while.

I'm talking about the figures on the "girls" link from the world obesity site. Are you Greek?

• 4 weeks later...

I think you're right that likely statistically and for sure anecdotally there seems to be an increase in overweight women/girls everywhere you look.  I see a lot of the telltale 23 year old daughter with 50 year old mom, with the daughter already quite a bit fatter than the mom.  I also notice I hear a lot fewer negative comments about overweight women, probably due to social pressure not to fat shame and that fat is being normalized, especially in the 20's age group and younger which is fantastic.    This is a feedback loop I would love to see spiral out of control :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Reluctantfatlover
On 13/3/2017 at 10:42 PM, hgee said:

I think you're right that likely statistically and for sure anecdotally there seems to be an increase in overweight women/girls everywhere you look.  I see a lot of the telltale 23 year old daughter with 50 year old mom, with the daughter already quite a bit fatter than the mom.  I also notice I hear a lot fewer negative comments about overweight women, probably due to social pressure not to fat shame and that fat is being normalized, especially in the 20's age group and younger which is fantastic.    This is a feedback loop I would love to see spiral out of control :) 

Yeah, the girl fatter than mom scenario is VERY common, which makes you wonder if, very deep inside their unconscious minds, some of those moms feel smug about being thinner than their daughters. As someone with a Dr Jeckyll/Mr Hyde attitude towards fatness I'm in two minds about this. One one hand seeing obese slobs everywhere and few conventionally hot girls is depressing. On the other hand, seeing girls losing control of their bodies en masse is very hot.

I fell we might be close to reaching a turning point though. Obesity is seen as the top health emergency in the developed world, and I guess there will be bigger and bigger pressures on the food industry in order to make food healthier, as well as government campaigns scaring people away from fatness. I think we will eventually reach the point where fatties will be considered addicts without a choice and the authorities and health professionals will become more and more aggressive in their approach just like the social services step in when children are involved.

8 hours ago, Reluctantfatlover said:

I fell we might be close to reaching a turning point though. Obesity is seen as the top health emergency in the developed world, and I guess there will be bigger and bigger pressures on the food industry in order to make food healthier, as well as government campaigns scaring people away from fatness. 

This is true, but there's only so much they can do.  Fattening foods will always be found somewhere, because there will always be a portion of the market who will want it.  Just look at the continuing growth of cheap & fattening restaurants, and the ever-increasing size of portions & soda cups.  And there's nothing they can do to stop people from being lazy and laying around watching TV.  And, we already tried banning alcohol once and that didn't work!  So there will still be plenty of fattening foods & drinks available in the future.  I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

Guest wtfmate86

As long as it's fantasy talk and everyone is just sharing Hyde/Jekyll ideas. Healthwise, it would be better and great (for us, too) for them to find ways to mitigate obesity and definitely the health outcomes of living with obesity.

On the other hand, anyone familiar with adenovirus 36 serotype d? No? Well, let me tell you about one of my favorite (hyde) fantasies. It's unfortunate this virus can cause moderate respiratory infections. They usually clear up in a week or twk like most adenovirus infections. 

But wait....there's more...

It appears one of the side effects is that the virus causes preadipocytes (pre-fat cells) in stem cell beds to differentiate into adipocytes, generally in subcutaneous fat. Hyperplasia of adipocytes is already associated with increased weight gain for the obvious reason of: fat cells like to be a certain level of full before they release leptin (satiety hormone), and when you make new ones, they're not that level of full automatically. 

The virus is present in about 10% of the normal weight population and 30% of the obese population. And when goven directly to rodents in lab tests (infecting them on purpose), the rodents infected had about a 20% weight increase (large majority body fat) in a couple of months. After the infection clears, the stem cells stop differentiating like they were, but as you may be aware, once fat cells are created, they will shrink, but not go away. This is why people who get fat and try to lose weight generally gain it all back.

And there's no way to tell if you have that particular strain without serotype testing, so any particular respiratory infection couls be one that may cajse your fat cells to multiply for a short time, and then you'll be hungry for awhile and gain 20 or 30 pounds. Then, you'll be back to normal again......20 or 30 pounds heavier...

F2.large.jpg

Guest billow

We're in the middle of an interesting period: deaths caused by diabetes and obesity continue to rise while fewer people are trying to lose weight and fat acceptance is at an all time high.  Some people decry sugar at every opportunity, while others defend our right to dessert like never before.  At some point, humans will have start losing weight; that or rely on science and technology to keep us alive and healthy despite our size.  At present, I think people will continue getting fatter for some while to come.

However, after enough time I think rates of extreme obesity will decrease, while rates of overweight and mildly ("acceptably") obese people will remain high.  In the near future, I think that the average person will be bigger than we are today, but that the very fattest won't be as fat as they are now.  The majority of people will be chubby or moderately fat, but few will be very fat.  At least, that's what I believe will be the case.  While it's not impossible, I have a hard time imagining a future of universal obesity.  Nor do I think science will be capable for some time yet of engineering all humans to be thin and lean.

And speaking of "fat viruses," I really don't think it's too farfetched that viruses or even bacteria are, in part, contributing to our increasing size.  As a student of microbiology, I recognize the possibility.

Interesting discussion.  I guess where fantasy and altruism meet is when we get to a point where science can overcome the health problems associated with obesity, as some have mentioned.  We can hope this comes before people being able to choose to be as thin as they want with a daily pill or something.  How boring the world would be.   

Guest billow
1 hour ago, hgee said:

Interesting discussion.  I guess where fantasy and altruism meet is when we get to a point where science can overcome the health problems associated with obesity, as some have mentioned.  We can hope this comes before people being able to choose to be as thin as they want with a daily pill or something.  How boring the world would be.   

Science has long focused on how to make fat people thin, but there's been a shift in some sectors to focusing on how to make fat people healthy.

Then again, with emerging technologies like CRISPR, I'm sure that at some point in the distant future humans will be genetically engineered from brain to toe to be perfect specimens.  (It will cost a ton of money, at least initially, so the rich will be the first to breed these "perfect" humans, leaving the poor far behind).  If this happens, humans will all likely be slim and lean.  Of course, by then people would also be genetically engineered to desire thin, lean bodies.

A world without fat people sounds tragic to someone attracted to fat people, but a world without fat people is also likely to be a world without fat admirers...