Girls all over the world gaining weight right now

Ayatollah

On 4/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, billow said:

We're in the middle of an interesting period: deaths caused by diabetes and obesity continue to rise while fewer people are trying to lose weight and fat acceptance is at an all time high.  Some people decry sugar at every opportunity, while others defend our right to dessert like never before.  At some point, humans will have start losing weight; that or rely on science and technology to keep us alive and healthy despite our size.  At present, I think people will continue getting fatter for some while to come.

However, after enough time I think rates of extreme obesity will decrease, while rates of overweight and mildly ("acceptably") obese people will remain high.  In the near future, I think that the average person will be bigger than we are today, but that the very fattest won't be as fat as they are now.  The majority of people will be chubby or moderately fat, but few will be very fat.  At least, that's what I believe will be the case.  While it's not impossible, I have a hard time imagining a future of universal obesity.  Nor do I think science will be capable for some time yet of engineering all humans to be thin and lean.

And speaking of "fat viruses," I really don't think it's too farfetched that viruses or even bacteria are, in part, contributing to our increasing size.  As a student of microbiology, I recognize the possibility.

I hate to break it to you, but diabetes deaths aren't limited to the obese - ALL of us (except me) are eating psuedo-shit food, ALL our blood sugars are spiking and plunging. We (in the West) eat non-food by the hundreds of millions. We also ingest junk "music," junk television, make best-sellers out of badly written books, and are getting just dumber and dumber with each passing generation. As evidenced by the "President" we just elected.

No worries, though - there probably won't be very many humans around after the USA and Russia, and Korea, go at it and each side launches their nukes. 

Guest Reluctantfatlover

I think vanity sizing plays a big role in validating obesity in the US. As women get fitter so do sizes, and when a foreign chain like Zara tries to sell their normal-sizwed clothing in the US, American women are too fat to fit in:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2012/11/sorry-middle-america-youre-too-fat-for-zara.html

The comments are prizeless. Notice how people associates noral sizes with ultra-skinny chain-smoking Europeans. One woman is pissed off becaus shediscovers she's an XXXXL in the real world. "I'm not a professional athlete", is her rationalization. For Middle America there are two types of people - "normal" (i.e. morbidly obese) people and "professional athletes".

• 2 months later...

Unless one criminalizes everything from butter to chips to fried things to chocolate to anything sold at any fast food joint or anything else not a fruit, vegetable or lean protein, and unless one makes healthy food available in all the bodegas in all the projects and poor neighborhoods, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a sudden resurgence of slimness amongst the general population in the Western World. Also, there's no place to get exercise in a lot of neighborhoods, so unless one has money for a gym and actually goes to that gym and gets regular, strenuous workouts, most of us shall sit while at work, sit in the car, sit while at home and...

GET

FAT.

AND

STAY

FAT.

:)

Normalization now, normalization tomorrow, normalization forever! (In my pitiful lifespan, that is.)

On 1/1/2017 at 3:44 PM, Czech said:

I mean in my eyes they seem to be everywhere because women seem to keep getting lazier and lazier and food addicted, mostly the younger ones like 20 years old and upwards. And we, the fat admirers only see like 1% on this page here. I think thats really sad but I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

Maybe, but it's about 10,000% better than it used to be, when almost all women used to hide their bellies. An amazing number are at least sharing pics of them on-line. I can't complain!

Guest MUSEic
4 hours ago, hgee said:

This is really interesting, and I have many conflictions about it. Obviously super stoked to not just see more fat women, but women getting fatter. And the absolute numbers of women trying to lose weight must have dropped precipitously if percentage of women who are overweight/obese has skyrocketed and the percentage of those women "trying" to lose weight has fallen. If you're a single FA, now is an amazing time to be alive. I'm not sure the version of myself 10 years ago could have imagined this reality.

At the same time, it does concern me that less people are trying. While it's impossible to know what everyone's lifestyle is like from that survey, for many Americans their attempts at losing weight are their only efforts at any sort of healthy lifestyle (whether that be exercise or healthy foods). So I'm concerned about the health and lifestyle implications of people's indifference, even if I don't necessarily think that overweight is automatically unhealthy.

It's exciting when you consider the "normal" world, but even in the fetish world my mind is blown when I look at sites such as FF or F**bie, hundreds of attractive women that run the spectrum from very fat and happy/proud to those who have a burning desire to gain tons of weight.  I find myself thinking, and this is just a small slice of the pie, wow.

On 01/01/2017 at 6:44 PM, Czech said:

Does anyone else have the feeling that there seems to be an absolute record of young women putting on weight right now and it makes me crazy because now with the holidays and all that eating I can only imagine how many women can't get into their jeans anymore, completely rounded out from all the eating in the winter, fat rolls spilling all over, bellies and asses growing and stuff. I also have the feeling that unlike maybe 10 years ago there is a majority of women who can't even control themselves anymore, formerly thin women sporting muffin tops in public and hot girls in the club in tight dresses which don't fit them quite well anymore, I mean in my eyes they seem to be everywhere because women seem to keep getting lazier and lazier and food addicted, mostly the younger ones like 20 years old and upwards. And we, the fat admirers only see like 1% on this page here. I think thats really sad but I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

It is used to be pessimitic as topic? :/ 

Because now, by your fault, the only thing which turns in my head in the while is some trendy nightclub in the middle of night full of elephantine ladies in stretch [yardstickes of] dresses ready to burst whenever, an 1.3 earthquake on Richter scale at downtown and hardcore drunken jamming within four single-handeldly-three-women-sized beauties all simultaneously while my pals get stomacked by how I can handle all this then one of my female ex-supermodel distant relationships trying to waddle her way through the door just to avoid to salute me but get stucked at bottom lenght into the threshold. :D

Guest billow
23 hours ago, MUSEic said:

At the same time, it does concern me that less people are trying. While it's impossible to know what everyone's lifestyle is like from that survey, for many Americans their attempts at losing weight are their only efforts at any sort of healthy lifestyle (whether that be exercise or healthy foods). So I'm concerned about the health and lifestyle implications of people's indifference, even if I don't necessarily think that overweight is automatically unhealthy.

The way I see it, the only way we're going to see a reduction of high rates of overweight and obesity is through the application of new technology and medicine.  Personal effort and shifts in culture are not going to significantly reverse the 'obesity epidemic.'  So long as people have little to no incentive to exercise, they won't.  Even if you exercise regularly, and even if you enjoy it (as I do), you can't deny that exercise, by nature, can be repetitive, painful, boring, and a time sink for other things you'd rather be doing.  A long time ago, physical activity carried real, tangible, physical rewards.  Success and survival demanded it!  Today, it boosts your mood and improves health, but you can still get by without it.

Similarly, as long as palatable, high-caloric foods are available, people are going to eat them.  It's not a matter of morality.  It's simple biology.  Spending little energy to acquire a lot of energy is efficient.  As long as our food supply chain and technology facilitates high rates of consumption and low rates of activity, people will get fat.  I don't think it matters how much you try to educate or convince someone to do otherwise.

Technology, through one pathway or another, has made many of us fat.  Short of natural disaster (which is highly probable) technology is the only thing capable of reversing the trend.

The question is: Which problem is easier to solve?  Preventing obesity all together or finding a way to make fat people healthy?