Shannon Purser (Barb from Stranger Things)

Dr.Krieger

She's currently on Riverdale. They're dressing her like a teacher from the 40s and it's tough to really see her. You get a few good shots of her legs and face. 

Plus there's book where she's described a the "big girl". 

According to IMDb she's credited for 4 episodes so maybe there'll be something.

Guest Mr. Wrong

As a 46-year-old, I went to high school with a few Barbs, and dated one briefly. Nothing like a well-filled pair of size 12 high waist, acid washed jeans.

Guest Mr. Wrong
18 hours ago, pangzi said:

It does put things into perspective when you realize she's roughly the same size as Melissa McCarthy

Good point - she's kind of a stealth chubster because she's mostly hips. Anyway I'll be psyched if someday she gets to the same size as ca. 2014 Melissa McCarthy.

37 minutes ago, Splicer said:

Very cute. I really wish Barb was the protagonist of Stranger Things instead of the other girl . . . 

That would be a dream!  Make an already awesome show amazing!

I'm happy to see more and more larger women making their way into TV and film, but I still haven't really seen a chubby girl play a desirable protagonist...

Guest Mr. Wrong
1 hour ago, Splicer said:

Very cute. I really wish Barb was the protagonist of Stranger Things instead of the other girl . . . 

Seriously. I really try not to be reverse-sizeist but Natalia Dyer is so skinny, killing off Barb felt like adding insult to injury. Maybe she'll come back...?

Guest Mr. Wrong
52 minutes ago, pangzi said:

That would be a dream!  Make an already awesome show amazing!

I'm happy to see more and more larger women making their way into TV and film, but I still haven't really seen a chubby girl play a desirable protagonist...

I was thinking you're wrong but with the word "desirable" I think you have a point.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:33 PM, Mr. Wrong said:

Seriously. I really try not to be reverse-sizeist but Natalia Dyer is so skinny, killing off Barb felt like adding insult to injury. Maybe she'll come back...?

Somehow I don't think she made it...

On 2/24/2017 at 1:52 PM, Mr. Wrong said:

I was thinking you're wrong but with the word "desirable" I think you have a point.

Yeah like, you know, the love interest with multiple guys vying for her affection.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, Mr. Wrong said:

Well, I think she'll be in season two. Her death is supposed to be a big part of the story, so I'm guessing we'll at least see her in flashbacks and dream sequences. And who knows? Maybe her character will make a full-fledged - or full-figured - return at some point. 

Guest Mr. Wrong
18 hours ago, Splicer said:

Well, I think she'll be in season two. Her death is supposed to be a big part of the story, so I'm guessing we'll at least see her in flashbacks and dream sequences. And who knows? Maybe her character will make a full-fledged - or full-figured - return at some point. 

Yeah, hope so. Anyway it wouldn't be the first time a series resurrected an unexpectedly popular character.

Guest pangzi
1 hour ago, frecklefactor said:

IMDb LIVE Viewing Party, Presented By OREO Chocolate Candy Bar (02/26/17):

Nice sponsor!  ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Wrong
On 8/4/2017 at 1:35 PM, frecklefactor said:

That is a truly heinous top. She needs to fire her stylist or hire one, whichever.