Gaining while eating fruits/veggies

Guest gg23

I love eating greasy, fatty foods (obviously) but I was hoping to switch it up a little. What fruits and veggies are good for somebody who wants to keep putting on weight? 

I'm pretty sure that the most caloric fruits are bananas, coconut, avocados, mango, persimmons, grapes, figs (and many exotic fruits). Dried fruit is also calorie dense. For veggies - peas, corn, starchy veg like sweet potato/yams, white potato, squash (butternut, acorn, etc.) and other root veggies. Of course, any vegetable can be cooked in oil and/or butter to increase the calorie content=) You can combine fruits with other calorie dense ingredients to make them more fattening; i.e., apple & peanut butter, bowl of fruit salad with greek yogurt and nuts, etc.

Juices (fruit and/or veg), and smoothies are a great way to get nutrients in, but they aren't that effective for gaining unless consumed in excess or with the addition of other fattening ingredients. Hope this helps!