RECENT DOWN TIME

S77

Hi

You might have noticed we were down for most of 5/3/2017

For those who get curious here is the information I have. I spotted an IP address as having logged into the server that I did not recognize.

Took the site offline right away. Locked things down and looked around and everything appeared in tact. Couldn't quite figure out why the unknown IP spotted.

The login was contained in an account that didn't really have much access to anything but none the less I take it seriously.

Changed all the passwords and as a precaution wiped the server and took us to a backup. because the IP was spotted as having logged in yesterday DURING a backup being made (which runs about 5 hours) the only full backup before this ip was May 1

So in short anything posted may 2 is gone. (early may 3). We didn't need to lose data but I figured the extra security was worth it.

Can't hurt to change your password in just in case of the unlikely possibility that the DB was exposed. (no evidence that it was)

Thank you :)

NOTE:

PS any customers who think they lost access to a clip they paid for due to the down time please contact me as I do have all the purchase records and can correct any mistake that was made.

Thank you :)

Guest PrincessKaye

does this mean any submissions to the clip store between those dates will need to be resubmitted?

10 hours ago, PrincessKaye said:

does this mean any submissions to the clip store between those dates will need to be resubmitted?

Yes please resubmit and any who already purchased will be given access

I know losing a day worth of posts etc is not ideal However we made the decision to take the site backward as a security measure. We could have just ignored the issues as we were probably ok but security and building trust are important things so we did what we felt was best for the community. Peace of mind even if it was only a 1% risk

1 hour ago, SJ707 said:

I know losing a day worth of posts etc is not ideal However we made the decision to take the site backward as a security measure. We could have just ignored the issues as we were probably ok but security and building trust are important things so we did what we felt was best for the community. Peace of mind even if it was only a 1% risk

Should we repost things that were lost or are you getting those back?