Story ideas/beginning

Darkusmaster123

So I'm going to write my first story. TL;DR couple goes to buffet, the buffet has a rule, any wasted food and the patrons will work there for a month finishing all the leftover food from the entire buffet. Girl gorges on food but wastes her last plate, then gets taken to start, story takes place over the one month. weight gain 120 => just under 300.

any tips and things you guys may want that would make the story a lot more enjoyable, also any big no nos for writing this kind of thing ( i know the big ones ie;no describing bellies using numbers) any help would be appreciated

will be posting here when finished. eta a few weeks

pics unrelated, for your trouble

edit: just realized that i just spoiled my whole story but whatever, I'll delete this after i get the help i need.

edit 2: Gotten the help i need, can one of the mods pls delete this? the story will posted in a couple weeks

tumblr_meotd1hUea1rjtllvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4rq86VcCd1rjtllvo1_1280.jpg

Even weight gain stories are, at their core, stories; so make sure to give your characters motivations. They have to want something--maybe a girl wants to lose weight or has career ambitions--anything that will give characters reasons to do things. They don't have to succeed, but as long as you as a writer know what your characters want, you should be able to guide those motivations into a plot.

Verisimilitude. Very much related to what @clarkpalmed noted, even in fantasy, a sense internal consistency is important to give the story meaning. If the things that happen make sense at least on their own terms, the story will be the better for it. Otherwise, what you have is less of a story and more... just a collection of descriptive prose.

Based on your synopsis, I'm sensing that you don't intend this to be a gritty, "realistic" story. That's fine. But, I think the overall product will benefit if there's some discernible internal logic (even if it's fantastical) that gives the reader context for understanding why this sort of enforceable "rule" exists, and how gaining 120 pounds in a month could happen.