The Usual Suspect - a WG thriller

scissortooth

First of all, yeah, I know I have an unfinished story on my schedule BUT I have hit a total writer's block with it and I'm at the stage of having HUNDREDS of ideas that I want to start exploring but having hard time finishing the old ones. So, I hope you don't mind that I'll provide you with some darker piece that, I think, might be enjoyable - I won't say anything more so as not to make any spoilers. I'd love to hear your thoughts after reading these first two pieces... This time it's more of a story that I'm writing with set ideas for development and ending, rather than going with the flow, so maybe I'll manage to finish this one (and not make it extremely long - I do have issues with that). Enjoy!

Prologue

“Are you sure that’s the place?”

“Yes, at least that’s what the coordinates were saying.”

“So where is she?!”

The men in uniforms were scanning the area with their flashlights. It was only a few minutes past midnight, the moon was obscured by dark clouds, which were the culprits behind the moistness Jim now felt in his shoes. He wore them instinctively when he received the message, he did not think if it was the best choice. Truth be told, he just noticed the fact of having wet shoes without focusing on it for too long. There were other, more important things going on.

“There!” shouted one of them and started running towards whatever his finger was pointing at. Three other policemen followed him and Jim followed them, wide eyed, heart thumping.

Finally he saw what the policeman did. A shape lying next to one of the trees. When he saw it he stopped a few metres away and looked down. It was not his wife. The kidnapper must have released some other poor thing that ended up in his clutches. They did say he showed signs of being a serial criminal. Jim looked at the policemen and the woman. They checked her pulse and, in general, tried to establish whether she is alive and whether her life is in danger.

“She is sleeping,” one of them said. “He must have drugged her or something and left here here… She looks ok otherwise.”

Three of the policemen Jim saw for the first time in his life. The fourth one, Keith, was standing above them with a puzzled expression and he looked at Jim with a confused look. Suddenly, Jim heard slow footsteps in the back and his nostrils inhaled the characteristic mix of sweat and tobacco. Detective Hirsch.

“Well, is she alright?” he asked the policemen with his harsh low voice.

“It’s not her,” Jim said, before they had a chance to respond.

“What do you mean it’s not her?” Hirsch asked, with suspicion.

“Well, look at her. She looks nothing like my wife. That fucker had to kidnap more women… Fucking sicko.”

“We haven’t received any other missing person reports that would fit… But maybe she’s one of those people who don’t have anyone to look after them.” He approached the policemen and the woman lying there. “Don’t worry, we’ll find your wife too. If he released one alive, it’s possible that he’ll release another.”

Jim took a deep breath. His heart was racing. Hirsch was probably right but the first thing that came to his mind upon seeing a woman different than his wife was that he will not see her again. That she is dead, killed by this maniac. The thought sent shiver down his spine and outright panic up to his mind. He could not lose her. Not Maggie. Not his Maggie.

“So, who’s that, I wonder,” Hirsch started, looking at the men under his command.

“No idea, sire. I’m looking through the missing people database trying to find someone looking like her, but no luck yet…” said a young officer, holding his work phablet.

“Well, keep on checking and then check once again from the beginning,” Hirsch told him and the young one nodded. Meanwhile, medics who were waiting nearby arrived with a stretcher. The other two policemen helped them put the woman onto the stretcher while the third one, the one Jim knew, was illuminating area, still standing with that weird expression on his face. Jim hear the men puffing and grunting. The lady, whoever she was, was no butterfly. That’s what helped Jim realise immediately that was not his wife over there. Maggie was not exactly slim but the woman who was now being raised on the stretcher was obese. Very obese. From what Jim could notice from this distance she had shortish curly blonde or white hair and was wearing a tight red dress. Much too tight, Jim thought, considering that it was easy for him to see the manifestation of her excess weight underneath the fabric. He was about to turn away and leave to wait for Hirsch and ask him to be present during conversation with that woman once she wakes up. However, just as he was doing that, Keith, who decided for some reason to go with the paramedics, shouted: “She’s waking up!”

The medics stopped and Hirsch approached them quickly. “Ma’am, can you hear me?”

The woman blinked slowly and uttered something incomprehensible, sounding like a prolonged moan. Jim approached the gathering. He looked at her face. Again, a chill went up his spine. She opened her mouth once again and with her eyes squinting, she looked at Jim. She looked at him for a few seconds. And then she said: “Ji… Jim? You… came for… me?”

Hirsch opened his eyes wide and look towards Jim as well. “You know her?”

Keith opened his mouth wide and said, half to himself, half to others: “I was right. Oh my god…”

“The hell?” Hirsch turned to him, not understanding what he meant. And Jim felt a huge lump in his throat.

The woman on the stretcher WAS Maggie. As soon as he realised it, he fainted and the night became even darker than it was before.

Chapter 1

Hirsch was standing by a candy bar vending machine. He had a peanut bar in one hand and a photo in the other. He looked at it and then at Jim and asked him: “Are you one hundred percent sure?”

“As much as I can be. If you don’t believe my judgement, order tests, blood, dentist, genes…”

“I already did. Blood, anyway. The type fits.”

Jim sat down on the chair slowly. “I knew it. But if I had any remains of doubt in me you just killed them.”

“Jesus Christ…” Hirsch said, looking at the photo. It pictured a young woman, with pretty oval and soft-featured face and green doe eyes and with long dark blonde hair falling down on one side of her neck, down below her bosom. She was smiling. It was that smile, at the greenness of her eyes, that send that chill up Jim’s spine when she opened her eyes on the stretcher and called him. “What kind of man does this to a woman?” Hirsch asked, rather rhetorically.

Jim said nothing. Instead, he asked: “Can I go see her now?”

“In a moment. The doc is making sure she is ok. So far, so good. I think in 5 minutes you can go there and ask him if it’s ok to talk with your wife.”

“Thanks… I’ll be on my way, then.”

“Yeah…” Hirsch said and looked once more at the photo. Then he added, without looking towards Jim: “ It’s good that you’re so happy having her back. Not sure if everyone would.”

“That’s because not every man loves his wife,” Jim said, not looking back.

“I… I don’t know. The last few days are a total blur. I can recall something happening, something that was going on and somehow does not feel like a half-forgotten dream. I feels as if it was a long time…” Maggie said, lying in the hospital bed.

“Last few days? And earlier?” Hirsch asked.

“Well, last thing I remember is going back from work… Then I felt something bit me in the neck, I tried to kill the insect and… Oh god, maybe that’s how he got me. Something like a needle.”

“Sounds reasonable…” Hirsch said and continued: “So, you don’t remember anything happening later?”

“No… Truth be told, I don’t even remember the whole thing in the forest. I mean, I know it happened and I know I was there… but I don’t even remember what I said then.”

Hirsch sighed. He had experience with kidnapping and drugs used to control the people kidnapped. He knew he won’t be getting much out of Maggie.

“Detective… I…” she started, but hesitated, as if afraid to ask. “How… how long have I been… there?”

Hirsch sighed. “You have been kidnapped a year ago. A whole round year, date to date.”

Maggie opened her mouth wide, shocked. She looked at Jim, then Hirsch, then Jim again. “Why? WHY??? Why have you let him hold me for so long and… and… make me…” She stopped, her mouth dry and throat lumped. She started sobbing. She wanted to cover her face with her hands, but when she held them up and saw them, she just shut her eyes and rested the side of her head on the pillow behind her. “Leave me…”

Hirsch stood up slowly and went towards the door. Jim stood up, but stayed. Hirsch glanced back at him, but decided not to say anything. He closed the door and order the policeman guarding it not to let anyone in until Jim goes it, unless its real emergency. Meanwhile, Jim came to Maggie’s bed and sat on the edge, on the side opposite to where Maggie was now turned. He found her hand on the sheet and grabbed it with his, gently.

“I’m surprised you can even look at me,” Maggie said, her voice still trembling.

“Honey, I have no problem looking at you. Having you back is the only thing I wanted for the last year… Just look at me. I mean, sorry, maybe not the right thing to mention now, but what I wanted to say is that last year has been the worst year of my life. Not as bad as yours, but still the worst I ever experienced.”

“I don’t know how my year was… I don’t remember it,” she said, her voice strangely emotionless. “I thought it was… I don’t know. I should have realized it from the state I’m in. Things like that don’t happen overnight.”

“No, they don’t,” Jim confirmed. “I’m sorry. Police were looking for you, I hired a P.I., I went to look for you myself… I… I quit my job. I went through a lot of our savings. I just wanted to have you back… And now I do,” he said and squeezed her hand. Gently, lovingly. He felt her chubby fingers inside his palm. His heart raced.

Maggie turned her head slowly towards him. When lying on the bed her face looked even rounder and fuller than when she was sitting. Her cheek resting on the pillow got flattened slightly and her double chin wobbled slightly once she started talking. “Will you…” she swallowed the lump in her throat. “Will you want me looking like this?”

Jim inhaled deeply. He did his best to make his voice sound firm and reassuring. And only that. “Yes. Of course I want you. I want to take you home and get back to living our lives.”

She felt tears welling up in her eyes and upon seeing that, Jim had to wipe his eyes too. He got closer to her, kissed her on her lips and then on her round plump cheek as he put his hands around her. He felt her other cheek, wet from tears, now resting upon his own, its softness spreading on his gaunt cheekbone. It’s an irony, he thought, that Maggie got so fat while I got to the point of my ribs showing. She felt sadness and relief. And another strange feeling once he realised his current stature will form an even greater contrast make Maggie’s new found body.

“I don’t think it will be possible to go back to everything as it was, Jim... “

“Maybe not,” he admitted, “but we still can live our lives together happily. I love you.”

“I love you too”, she said and hugged him tighter, getting closer to him. Jim felt happy, even every happy that he managed to console his wife after this ordeal. He was also happy that in the current position Maggie had now way of noticing the bulge in his pants.

Thanks for the kind words and likes, guys. Here's chapter 2. Third is in the making already :)..

Chapter 2

“Do you need help?” asked Jim, with concern in his voice.

“No, I think I will be fine. It’s better than I thought it would be.”

Maggie made a step forward. Just a moment ago Jim helped her get out of the van. He preferred their earlier sedan much better but in the current circumstances a van was a better choice. He had little trouble selling the car and the dealer was decent enough to give him a good deal on the van. It was almost an exchange. Jim lost some on it, obviously, but at least he had a spacious vehicle with slid door that still had air conditioning. Anything for Maggie to be comfortable.

Maggie made another step. And another. She seemed to be walking fine, even if slow. It was good, although the explanation for it was far from pleasant. Jim recalled the conversation he had with Maggie’s attending physician at the hospital before they released her home.

“She is basically ok. No heart problems, she is a bit below optimal when it comes to metabolic issues but at this size and after such a long period of little to no activity, this is to be expected. Speaking of which…”

“Yes, doc?” Jim asked, sensing that he was now going to hear the bad news.

“I already told the police and now I’m telling you. If she was kept lying or sitting all the time she would be in far worse condition, at least when it comes to walking. While it does seem that she had only few occasions to move around during the preceding month, in general I’d say she wasn’t restrained all the time. Actually, I think she had quite normal activity earlier. I mean, she walked around, wasn’t tied to a chair or whatever… Especially since we found no sign of restraints used on her. I’m not sure what that means, but it might be important for catching that sick bastard.”

Jim nodded. “I hope so,” he said. “But… you’re saying that she is not… hurt?”

“Well, no signs of violence internally, if that’s what you mean. Turns out this wasn’t what that bastard was after. He probably enjoyed… something else,” the doctor concluded, feeling a bit awkward talking about the whole thing.

“Ok… Anything I should be worried about, though?”

“Well, I told your wife already… She would be wise to go on a diet and exercise. That’s for sure. But for now she should be careful… Her body has not adjusted fully and she might be very prone to joint injuries, especially ankles and knees. He should also watch her spine. I mean, if she had some movement… there… she might take it better but better to be on the safe side.”

“Right… And that’s all there is?”

“Well, I mentioned diet, right? Well, she might consider bariatric surgery. Weight alone is one factor for it, but her stomach is… Well, distended. Which is not surprising considering the circumstances.”

Jim nodded and looked to the side. “That will make her hungrier, right?”

“Yeah, that and some other things. Her insulin levels are increased, far from diabetic range but nevertheless. She might experience sugar spikes and dips… And once she’s in the latter, she’d be hungry to the point of being angry. You better be ready for that. It’s a bit like what drug addicts get when they can’t find their fix. Not as bad, but similar.”

Jim sighed. He expected that. But he was nevertheless relieved - he expected the experience to result in diabetes on part of his wife. Luckily that was not the case.

“And it’s more of a visual issue rather than anything else, but… She has stretch marks, all over her body. They’re still reddish but are going to get more pale with time, blending in with normal skin colour and becoming less noticeable. Right now it looks pretty intense though. Just remember - these are not wounds, she feels no pain because of them.”

“Ok, consider me up to speed,” Jim said, ready to go to Maggie’s room and drive her wheelchair down to the parking lot and the van he bought. “I was wondering… I never asked about Maggie’s weight before this… incident. Does she have a lot of weight to lose?”

It was the doctor’s time to sigh. “I won’t lie to you. It’s unlikely she ever goes back to the old her. I mean, she was 166 lbs, at 5’5”, last time I saw her before she disappeared. And now… She is more than double that. 350 lbs, give or take a pound or two. That’s severe morbid obesity, in medical terms. Like I told you, we can do bariatric, it will help for sure. But her metabolism is out of whack and I think she might also experience some problems regarding appetite. Do you know anything about hunger and satiety hormones?”

“This or that. Things I read or heard on science channels on TV,” Jim said.

“Well, in layman’s terms, they are completely bonkers in her now. Her satiety hormone is rising very slowly and I think this might lead to overeating. Basically, she might be full only after her stomach is full. And her stomach…”

“...is distended.”

“Exactly. Now, her hunger hormone, stuff totally separate from the low blood sugar cravings, is on constant high level. This does not translate directly into her being hungry all the time, but paired with the former and those sugar cravings….”

“I get your point. She can lose weight, but she will have a really hard time doing it.”

“Bariatric surgery might fix this to a significant extent. There are some promising studies that suggest it helps fix the levels of the two hormones I mentioned.”

“I’ll remember that, doc. Still, for now I won’t be making any suggestion that she is too fat or too anything, for that matter. And I don’t want her to face another traumatic experience so soon after a whole year of being someone’s guinea pig…”

“Yes, obviously,” the doctor agreed. “Anyway, call me if you need anything. I’ll do my best.”

“Thank you,” said Jim and shook the doctor’s hand. And then he went to Maggie’s room… Which ended in them being now if front of their house. Maggie was walking slowly towards the door, with a significant waddle, puffing slightly. Jim closed the van door and followed her. He caught with her at the door. Her face was red and she was breathing heavily.

“I think we will have to do some walking around… I mean, you read those HAES leaflets, being big is not the end of the world, you just need some activity, healthy food…”

“I need to lose this weight,” Maggie said, “I can’t look at myself in the mirror.”

“Right. Of course,” Jim said, agreeably. “But you need to look at this in a longer time frame… You need time to adjust…”

“I don’t WANT to adjust, ok?” Maggie said, annoyed. “I want to go back to being the way I was! Not looking like a…” she hesitated, “a whale!”

“Of course you do… But don’t bash yourself about it so hard. It’s not your fault, not your doing, he did this to you.”

Jim sam tears welling up in Maggie’s eyes. He approached her and hugged her tightly. He felt her breasts and belly touching his body and did his best to keep a clear mind. Sobbing, Maggie told him “I can’t stand the thought of you seeing me naked like this… How are we going to make love now?”

Jim smiled to her. “Maggie, that will definitely not be a problem on my part… You are you, the woman I love. And I’m pretty sure there still is a lot to be excited by when seeing you naked.”

She took a step back and looked at him. “No.”

“No… what?” Jim asked, puzzled.

“I don’t want you to get excited by me in this state! That would be sick!”

“But… you just said you want us to make love.”

She looked to the side, sadness and anger behind her wet eyes. “Not like this. No. I can’t. I can’t!” she said and opened the door with a key. Jim remained outside for a second, baffled, and then followed Maggie inside. He saw her moving up the stairs, moving slowly, one step at a time, watching not to step on the long loose black dress she was wearing, one that Jim bought her 3 hours earlier for the travel home, along with a proper bra and panties. They were the only fitting clothes she had now, other than the dress she was found in, but that one was left as evidence.

“Honey…” Jim started, but before he could continue, she said:

“Leave me.”

He remained at the bottom of the stairs and heard Maggie open the door to their bedroom. He was almost going to sit in the sofa on the ground floor when he hear a loud crack and crash. He ran upstairs and opened the door to the bedroom. Mary was lying on the bed, in a bedsheet crater in the middle of the bed. Her expression was a mix of surprise and terror.

“Oh my god, forgive me, I haven’t thought…” he started.

“OUT!” she screamed. “LEAVE!!!” she let out another scream, her face red and tears running down her cheeks. Puzzled, he took a step back and closed the door. He could hear her sobbing.

“Fuck,” he said. He took a deep breath and went down the stairs. He sat on a couch, as he planned before and turned on the TV, although he did not plan on watching it. She took out his smartphone and started browsing the beds for purchase online, with a significant load-bearing capacity. He found some and started looking through his initial selections. Suddenly, a message appeared. It was from Maggie.

I have to eat something. I’m sorry. I can’t handle all of this. Can you get me something to eat?

“Sure,” Jim said aloud and wrote back exactly that, followed by: What would you like to eat?

It took a longer while before he received the answer, but finally it appeared.

I’m in no shape to start a diet today and I’m insanely hungry… Can you please order me a pizza? The first and the last.

Of course, Jim wrote back, noticing that she wrote ‘order me a pizza’ and not ‘order us a pizza’. She called the local pizza parlour and chose a quattro stagioni in the largest size they had. He was wondering whether this was a good idea, but he figured that if this was going to be Maggie’s last pizza before diet, it had to be a decent one.

Maggie read Jim’s answer and put the phone away. She felt bad. She knew it was her hunger that caused that situation before and that he did not deserve such treatment. She was upset, sad and felt utterly powerless. She hated the idea of having this pizza but she also could not help imagining its tasty dough and tomato sauce. And mozzarella. Her stomach grumbled. She hear a message coming to her phone. Probably Jim asking her some additional question about pizza size or variation, as usual. She took the phone, unlocked it and clicked on the message icon. It was not from Jim.

Missed me, piggy?

Maggie’s heart jumped up and she felt warmth flowing away from her body. With shaking hands, she deleted the message and blocked the number that sent it. She put the phone away again and looked at it with her eyes wide open and terrified, shaking her head gently as if negating something. And her lips were moving, uttering a soundless ‘no’. ‘No, no, no, no, no…’ She shut her eyes tight and covered them with her hands. The phone rang again shortly, notifying of a coming message. Without reading it, Mary powered the phone down. The silence in the room became deafening.

Chapter 3

“Honey, the pizza is here!” Jim shouted, loud enough to be heard upstairs.

“I’ll be down in a minute! Or two!” he heard in answer. He put the pizza box on the coffee table in front of the sofa and opened it. The combined aroma of cheese, tomatoes, herbs and cheese varieties entered his nose and he had to admit it was a mouth-watering experience. He prepared two big plates, just in case and poured some juice into two glasses. Just as he was putting the juice bottle down on the kitchen counter, he heard footstep moving down the stairs. Maggie appeared in the living room just as he was coming back to it. Finally, he managed to see her. Not her despair, not her shock, not her sadness or anger. He just saw his wife coming downstairs from their bedroom. A bedroom with a bed that needed fixing. She met his stare, looked down, as if ashamed, and continued forward. He noticed that she styled her hair somewhat and applied a bit of makeup. Although he was seeing her now clearly, he realized fully all the elements that made him not recognize her at first at night in the forest, aside from the obvious one. His last preceding image of her was an average sized woman with long, dark blonde hair, falling in slight wave nearly to her waist, with eyes framed above by neatly shaped and trimmed, fashionable full eyebrows. The woman in front of him had shortish hair that was platinum blonde on the border of white, visibly damaged by bleaching that led to it being this colour. It was now reaching to mid-ear, although Jim remembered that in the forest it looked shorter, most likely because it was more curly and somewhat teased, in a manner employed by many middle aged women. And over the eyebrows, which clearly experienced serious plucking in comparison to what Jim remembered and resembled more the thin arches of the interwar period, was a sideswept fringe starting from the side parting. And, last but far from being the least, she was fat, fat enough to stand out among the crowd, although not to the point that would result in finger pointing. The coveted hourglass figure that Maggie was so proud of  and one that Jim liked a lot remained, but it expanded in every direction and its narrow point at the waist, while still standing out, was almost twice as thick. The bottom part of the hourglass grew somewhat more, leading Maggie to develop wide, softly finished hips, thick thighs that constantly rubbed against each other and forced her to waddle, a big shelf of a butt with soft sagging buttocks and cankles that would probably require custom made boots if she wanted to wear any footwear of this type. In the middle there was a soft 3-roll belly, with the lowest roll forming a bit of an apron hanging low enough to cover her privates. The gain did not spare the top part of her body either, providing her with soft thick pillowy arms with fat piling up over her elbows, plump forearms and sausage-fingered soft palms, a pair of breasts the cup size of was G, at least considering that it was the cup size of the bra he bought her based on circumferences - and it fit well. In the forest, where she had nothing under the red dress they found her in, they sagged significantly, but now the bra made them even more impressive. Nevertheless, Jim immediately starting thinking of taking it off his wife.

“Don’t look at me like that,” she told him and sat on the sofa slowly, anxious of breaking it too. fortunately, it held well. She looked at the pizza box. Jim had now a nice look at her face, another part of her that underwent major changes. A slightly softened oval she had plumped up and widened significantly, changing from egg standing on its top into a one standing on the bottom, or a pear. She developed a double chin that even had a bit of wobble to it, along with much fuller cheeks. The cheeks were plump enough to make her laugh lines stand out more and he hoped he will be able to actually make these lines a part of a lovely smile. One day.

“I see you remembered my favourite… I so love cheese,” Maggie said and took a slice. “I feel like I shouldn’t eat it, but I’m so hungry…” she added, looking at Jim with sad eyes.

“Don’t worry, just eat if you feel like it.”

“I barely feel like anything else, to be honest… I’m not sure what… what he… did to me. But I keep dreaming about food.”

“The doc said it’s some hormonal stuff and maybe it will pass by itself…”

Maggie said nothing, she quickly went through the first slice and took another.

“He also mentioned weight loss surgery…” Jim started and stopped, seeing his wife’s terrified expression. She always hated the idea of undergoing any surgery. Although this time he could promise it was something more than that. Probably something related to the recent trauma in some way. Maybe it’s a blessing she remembers so little, Jim thought. God only knows what this bastard was doing to her…

“No,” she said. “I don’t want surgery. Have I even said I want to lose weight?”

“Well, no…” Jim answered, a bit unsure what to say.

“Well, I do,” Maggie said, with some hint of apology in her voice. “But I doubt I succeed. I never was slim to begin with and never managed to lose any weight…”

“OK,” Jim said immediately. “Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want… um… I don’t think you HAVE TO lose weight.”

“Yeah, right. I’m happy you haven’t filed divorce papers already.”

“I’m serious, Maggie. There’s more to us than that.”

“Great, so now I’ll be getting charity interest from my husband in recognition of being a good woman. Lovely,” Maggie sad in bitter tone, taking the third slice.

Jim took a deep breath. He had to break it, the wall she was building. And since the police and the medics said it’s highly unlikely Maggie was raped or even molested, he decided to do something  a bit different than they were both used to. He stood up briskly. Maggie jumped at that, holding a half-eaten pizza slice, and looked at her husband. He turned towards her and gently directed her to lie down on the sofa. She was going to stop it but the moment she felt his lips on hers, she submitted. A torrent of kisses fell on her lips, cheeks and neck. A hand slid under her dress from the top and undid the bra. She helped and took it off through the top opening, while her lips were connected with his.

“Just don’t… don’t touch… the ugly bits,” she said, as he lifted her dress. He said nothing to that. She grabbed her panties and slid them down her legs. Soon it was only her and the dress and he decided she will be more comfortable without removing it. He positioned himself in such a way that there was no obstacle between them and slid himself inside. It felt different than he remembered. On one hand tighter, and on the other much softer on the outside. He felt her lower roll pushing against him. He hoped she would not mind as this was impossible to avoid. She moaned slightly. He slid out and in. She closed her eyes and he knew he just won one of the first battles. He had her lie flat on the sofa, which was now a bit of a problem, but they managed to squeeze themselves onto it. One of Maggie’s buttocks spilled a little beyond the sofa’s limits but it provided no problem. In a few minutes the room was full of passion-filled moaning.

He saw her eat the pizza. That pleased him. Then he saw him take control. And then there was the sex. He saw that Jim had a hard time not touching her wife’s body too much during the process and chuckled at that. Finally, while glancing at a young skinny man making love to his morbidly obese wife, he started writing something on his mobile. He finished it and clicked the “SEND” button. He looked at the lusty couple one more time, smiling mischievously, and left. The neighborhood was silent and the dark, cloudy evening provided enough shadow to hide in, but he was not taking any chances. There was still a lot to do.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Jim and Maggie were sitting on the couch. Jim only in his pants and Maggie only in her dress. Actually, only Jim was sitting, while Maggie was lying on the length of sofa with her legs partially in the hair and her head resting on Jim’s thigh. He was stroking her hair.

“I have to visit a hairdresser. And a beautician,” said Maggie, staring at some point in front of her.

“Honey, you really look fine. Different, but fine.”

“I look like I could be your aunt or something. I’d say ‘mom’ but your mom is skinnier than I have ever been and she totally doesn’t look her age.”

“I don’t care. I mean, feel free to do it if you want to but I really think you look good now.”

Maggie snorted. “You’re probably the only man in his 30s in the world telling his wife she actually looks good as a madly obese middle-aged auntie who lost her fashion sense somewhere in the 1960s of further down the century.”

“Well, at least I’m original!” he said with a smile, but he saw Maggie’s own smile dwindle, her eyes again lost somewhere in the distance, unfocused. “We will get through this. We are already doing good. To tell you the truth, I thought I would have to wait five years until you let me touch you… And the thought of it was unbearable.”

“So you mean you are not planning to get yourself a slimmer, younger-looking wife?”

“Not a chance.”

“Thank you.”

“My pleasure, literally.”

Chapter 4

After they finished the pizza (or rather, Maggie finished it after sharing one piece with Jim), they decided it was a hard day and it will be a nice idea to get a shower and go to bed. Jim remained downstairs, washing the dishes, while Maggie waddled up the stairs to the bathroom. There, it turned out that she was too big for the shower. Too big to wash herself comfortably anyway. It has been a while since she used a bathtub, but fortunately they never got to throw away the one they included initially in their bathroom. She let the water run from the tap and fill the tub, while she went to the bedroom to get something to sleep in. Once there, she realized nothing will fit. She sighed, and was on the verge of sitting down and crying, but recalled the dressing gown that Jim once bought her and that turned to be much too big at the time. She found it on the bottom of the wardrobe in a bag. It fit now. Sort of. The two sides met by only a little margin, but with the rope keeping it together it was ok. She was unsure about sleeping naked and considered sleeping in the dress, but got second thought once she recalled how much sweat she let it soak during the day. She stomached the thought of Jim seeing and feeling her naked body. It was hard, but she accepted that this has to happen some day anyway. She was going to get back to the bathroom when she noticed the phone she left turned off. She recalled the message and remembered there was one more that she has not read. The thought sent her heartbeat crazy and she felt a bit of panic in the back of her head. She decided to confront it and then to get a new number. One unknown to the sick man who kidnapped her. She picked up the phone and turned it on. She went to the bathroom. She sat on the closed toilet and opened the messaging app. There were two messages waiting, both from an unknown number, but different than the previous one. She opened the first one, hoping for it to be an advertisement.

You better not listen to the good ol’ doc, piggy. No WLS or diet for you. If I see you withering, I’ll arrange us a long date and leave you with even more of blubber to carry. And I promise to do this again if I see you even a pound smaller. You know I mean it.

Maggie’s hands started shaking in the middle of the message. She knew the words he used. She had them in the back of her mind. They appeared in her dreams. The dreams she hoped were just a symptom of her trauma. Piggy. You know I mean it. She did not remember anyone saying them but they sounded terrifyingly familiar.  Re-reading the message and understanding fully its content, she was even more terrified. Her shaking finger selected the next message. Her eyes widened.

I see that your hubby likes the new you… Who would’ve thought?

Maggie dropped the phone. It landed on the soft small rug in front of the toilet, undamaged and noiseless. The chubby fingers of her right hand were still shaking, resting on her lower lip. She almost managed to get a grip on herself when the telephone started vibrating. Then the ringtone started, but got muffled in the noise of the flowing water. Maggie grabbed the phone quickly, having to fall down from the toilet seat to manage to do it. She saw the number calling. Unknown. She noticed the bathtub was almost full. She went to it and removed the plug with her free hand, letting the water drain, while letting it pour on in order to muffle the sound of the phone. She accepted the call and raised the phone to her ear, frightened and pale. She opened her mouth but said nothing.

“Hello, piggy,” said the voice on the other side. Her memory did not recognize it, but her body did. For some reason she felt tears coming to her eyes. She opened her mouth but was unable to utter any word. “Oh, I hear you aren’t too talkative. That’s ok, as long as your are listening,” the voice said and paused, breathing in. “Aaaanyway, like I wrote you in the message, I just wanted you to know that I’m happy your hubby doesn’t mind having a big fat piggy as his wife. And good for him, because he’s not going to have it any different as long as he is your husband… Am I right?”

At first Maggie did not notice the question at the end and thought that the man hung up. It was only after he asked it again, louder and with angry tone, that she managed to utter a silent “yes”.

“Let’s hope so. Oh, and piggy, I’m not sure what you are planning but know that I haven’t devoted a year of my time to you only to have my hard work destroyed.”

“Wha… wha… what do... “ she started asking, stuttering in fear.”

“What do I mean? Well, piggy, I mean that if I made you to look like an anachronistic matron with a sweet-tooth, I must have had a purpose in it, so I don’t like the idea of you ruining it. Even better, I want you to embrace it and love it as if you came up with it yourself. Do you understand me, piggy?”

Maggie nodded nervously, only to realise in a few seconds that her frightening interlocutor cannot see her. “Yes… yes....” she uttered to the phone, her throat dry. And only after confirming she realized what he wanted of her. Tears flew down her cheeks.

“I’m so glad you are a smart piggy. So, I expect you to take your husband’s credit card with you tomorrow and fill that wardrobe of yours with something fit for a piggy of my design. I’m sure your husband will understand that you need to do this, even if he will be surprised by your choices,” the voice chuckled. “If I see you in anything improper… well, I might be persuaded to renew our close ties…” he finished, menacingly and a chill went up Maggie’s spine, forcing another stream of tears down her face. She sat down slowly, sobbing, leaning against the bathtub. The tiles on it were cold but she was too frightened to even notice. 

“I will do everything you said, just please… leave me alone,” she said silently to the phone after swallowing the lump in her throat. “Just… just tell me what exactly do you want from me so that I can be left alone…” she said, in a begging voice.

“Oh, piggy, I can already promise you that I WILL leave you alone… You have my word. But not before I make sure that you first remain what I made you into. And that later you turn by yourself into what you are now destined to become.”

Maggie swallowed another lump and wiped the tears off her eyes. She was still terrified but the promise of that maniac comforted her somehow. She clung to hope it gave her for leading a normal life again, a hope she regained somewhat when Jim took her on the sofa and that she later lost again when she heard the menacing voice on the phone, a voice she did not remember hearing before but knew that she did.

“What… what am I to become?” she asked the man.

“Why, only what every little piggy is to become… A full-grown mature sow! And once it happens, I will disappear from your life.”

“I will, I will, I promise…” she assured him vigorously. “I will do whatever you tell me.”

A laughter broke so loud on the other side that it almost hurt her ear. “Ohhhh, piggy,” the voice started, having calmed down, “it won’t be THAT easy. But rest assured that I will lead you towards this rite of passage with pleasure. And I will gladly see you undergo it, without me telling you to do ANYTHING,” he said and paused, chuckled and continued. “But for now there indeed is something I have to tell you to do… and you better listen carefully.”

She did. She listened to everything the voice had to say. And the last thing he told her, the one that was not an order but a piece of advice or maybe warning, echoed in her head during the whole time after he terminated the call and she finally started bathing, filling the tub’s width fully. And every time it did, her eyes got wet again.

Guest amars20

Hi scissortooth, I'm really enjoying this story, and I like the way you include other details as well as size. Hope you continue this one!  

• 3 weeks later...