Natalie means nice? Yeah, right!

Jabba Desilijic Tiure

22 hours ago, KFD said:

for every "you go girl, you're so beautiful", is three posts saying how she was in the wrong for snooping! Fascinating...

Well, duh!  Statistics conclusively prove that three out of every four human beings are racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, antisemitic, transphobic, Islamophobic, body-shaming, Nazi, fascist, dictatorial, animal-abusing, tyrannical meanies.  :D

After watching the video it was pretty rude what he said over text. This isn't about fat shaming if he was sitting next to a pretty skinny blonde women i could only imagine what other essentially sexist remarks he'd be saying. If it was a guy I doubt he would even bother sending the text.

Guest grateful

This is difficult. Most folks are expecting privacy in their communications.

Since the topic became amplified on page one, there are under-reported crimes of genocide, cleansing and prejudice that go on in the world today.

I wouldn't want to kill the impulse to expose social injustice.

The big thing Jabba and I both missed early on, but GTA nailed, was the privacy issue. Dudebro was well within his right to say whatever he wanted. How is what he said any different than saying that to his friend later? 

Again, the victimization and pettiness isn't what the movement needs. I would have gone unglued if she scolded me for something I said privately!

1 hour ago, KFD said:

The big thing Jabba and I both missed early on, but GTA nailed, was the privacy issue. Dudebro was well within his right to say whatever he wanted. How is what he said any different than saying that to his friend later? 

Again, the victimization and pettiness isn't what the movement needs. I would have gone unglued if she scolded me for something I said privately!

@KFD How did either of us miss that?  Wasn't that the main focal point of my opening post, and the justification I provided for coming down on her so hard?  I wouldn't have been so angry or cracked my trademark snarky remark about her trying to end world hunger had "Dudebro" stood on his seat seat, pointed down and screamed "THIS HERE'S A BIG OL' MEXICAN EATIN' BEEYOTCH OINK OINK!!!"....but no.....the guy was being as discreet as possible, and Natalie couldn't(or should I say WOULDN'T) mind her own damn beeswax.  I though I made it pretty clear that genuine, PUBLIC fatbody shaming is almost always a shitty-ass thing to do, but Natalie's "woe is me" story didn't come close to meeting such criteria.

@KFD I think you might appreciate this, if you haven't seen it yet.  It currently sits at 435 dislikes.  I know that's an uneven number, but (roughly)half of them are from legit fat-haters and the other (roughly)half are from all the Natalies of the world(217:218/218:217). 

PS.  I didn't know Gordon Freeman could talk!  :P

I might have been speaking out of turn on the missing the mark point, @Jabba Desilijic Tiure. I'm potato, don't mind me, but yes, that was basically your thesis statement.

I tried getting through the video, but fucking lost it when he started talking and had some damn food in the hair above his upper lip. Gross!

I'm guessing the tl;DR to his post is that despite his irony, he is another one disillusioned with the radlib's lunacy...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 10:16 PM, gta said:

So fragile, such the victim. I would have gone off on her for snooping my phone's screen. It's one thing to say awful things to someone's face, but for her to actively seek out this confrontation by reading his texts is aggravating. Don't like what you read? Mind your own damn business, which you should have been doing in the first place. She makes it sound like he groped her or something. He apologized, and she just haaad to keep going... Who's the jerk now?

Good point...it's HIS phone, and you shouldn't eavesdrip on others' phones, nor their laptops when they're working on planes, nor look in their diaries. 

You might see something you don't want to see. And then FLIP OUTTTTTTT

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, KFD said:

Got about halfway through it. Do we have any questions why this movement doesn't have any legitimacy in mainstream society?

You, me, and the rest of society(but I thought it was just "internet trolls", as stated earlier??) can kiss their asses.  Oh fuck, now we're just sex-obsessed perverts who want to give them all rim jobs...I guess nobody ever wins no matter what.  :(

• 10 months later...

Damnit, Savannah...now the whole world knows you're a 'smelly fatty'.  Not too bright, eh?
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-woman-called-smelly-fatty-by-man-on-united-airlines-flight-thanks-hero-who

I purposely try NOT to look at others' phones when in close proximity; I don't want to be perceived as invasive.

smellyfatty.jpg