To necropost, or not to necropost...

Jabba Desilijic Tiure

57 minutes ago, KFD said:

@Rudolfo, consider yourself lucky. Normally I would kick someone's dick in for the "any new photos, she's hot AF (fucking cringeworthy right there)" posts. Don't do that again.

Come on KFD lots of members make innocent mistakes because they don't know the etiquette.  No need for "dick kick"

also notice that because of the bump, like 5 people saw this for the first time. (Myself included). And we ended up with fresh new content of this beautiful lady. Did we win or lose here because of the bump? We might need to rethink some of these rules

2 hours ago, SJ707 said:

Come on KFD lots of members make innocent mistakes because they don't know the etiquette.  No need for "dick kick"

also notice that because of the bump, like 5 people saw this for the first time. (Myself included). And we ended up with fresh new content of this beautiful lady. Did we win or lose here because of the bump? We might need to rethink some of these rules

@SJ707 It's a bit of a grey area.  For every time an unprovoked bump yields new content, how many literal dozens of times do they end up here, pushing @KFD one step closer to being featured on America's Most Wanted as the military guy with apparent PTSD who went HAM when he saw some young punk hawk a loogie near his grassy front yard area?

There's not way the "bumper" could've known that the deactivated OP account was still around and would not only see his request but actually have more pictures.  Rather than necro'ing dormant threads, there could be an official request sticky thread where formal inquiries could be directed at whichever OP via the @ feature, or possibly even the incorporation of some separate alert system where anyone would be able to press a button and notify the said OP of a desire for MOAR, without the topic being thrown back up to the top, for the inevitable letdown(or at least 99 times out of 100).  I don't know how or even if the latter idea is feasible(on practical terms), but the results could likely be achieved via savvy marketing strategies rather than fancy programming or software altering.

1 minute ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

I was referring to a another, separate place where people could refer to already existing threads, rather than just random pics or videos they found elsewhere on the web.

I'm not sure why the "requests" subforum has to be limited to "just random pics or videos...found elsewhere on the web," and not include references or requests related to specific Curvage threads/members. But, then again, I'm just a caveman

1 hour ago, SJ707 said:

I think requests can be made in the requests forum. I hope @Rudolfo will continue to posts even if the first attempt didn't go so well

Believe you me, there will still be tons of obnoxious necrobumps in the General Pictures section.  Most users go straight to the 'sauce' without bothering to do one iota of research, despite the automated 30-day disclaimer.  And posting curvage-specific requests in the "Requests" area is pretty pointless because you'd think if someone had unseen content, they'd post it.  Them having fresh new material and just forgetting about it seems to be a pretty odd rarity, which is why we're having this conversation right now.

Perhaps including a secondary "ARE YOU SURE?" prompt screen before they can enter a post on an old thread with the written threat of a temp-ban or at least warning for good measurement if they had nothing noteworthy to contribute would do the trick?

22 hours ago, SJ707 said:

And we ended up with fresh new content of this beautiful lady. Did we win or lose here because of the bump? We might need to rethink some of these rules

This is a stupid way to look at it. I'll bump every old thread in this forum to make you rethink your rethinking.

• Moderators

As if I needed that kind of reminder. Just like that grandpa who sits over there at the heater, doddering and drooling. Hey, gramps, wake up! Tell us that story again!

And even if I needed that - just theoretically speaking - there's no dumber way as by posting these blunt "any updates?" one-liners. They are terribly offensive and lead everyone seeing that post to fear they're missing new content in there. Which leads to anger, when you see the thread's only been bumped. When you see that over and over again, your anger leads to hate. And hate leads to suffering.

So, better PM the contributer or implant that "reminder button", everything else sucks.

5791052+_ea55506b9d73764fe478912e7f84ec7

Old Content in bumped threads is often new to lots of people. 

On the flip side, great points you are all making against it and I appreciate the feedback. Personally, I just can't force myself to get worked about a thread bump. 

However I see many of you are very passionate about it including our own @KFD so we will maintain the 30 day no necropost policy

7 hours ago, SJ707 said:

Old Content in bumped threads is often new to lots of people. 

On the flip side, great points you are all making against it and I appreciate the feedback. Personally, I just can't force myself to get worked about a thread bump. 

However I see many of you are very passionate about it including our own @KFD so we will maintain the 30 day no necropost policy

@SJ707  Just throwing out another idea...you could add a ranking system so people could view topics by how many likes they received.  That way, if something was crazy popular, someone could just press a button and see what the fuss was all about, even if they  missed it the first time around.  OR maybe even allow for user-suggested hashtags(as a lot of forums do), so a searcher could pull up any niche they wanted at the drop of a hat.  Combine THAT with the popularity detecting-system, and a lot of members would have a lot better experience....looking for a needle in a haystack might become a thing of the past.

With the 30 day warning system, I'd still modify it to be more foreboding, so as to be a real deterrent towards potential necro-ers.  In an ideal world, NONE of any of this would need to be discussed, let alone instituted....but hey, some people just ain't too bright or simply don't give a rat's butt!  I guess it all comes with the territory of running a popular forum!  :)