Alexandra Bortich (Russian Actress) + 20kg

justpassingthrough

Guest fishmish
On 5/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, NorickAbe said:

Its because we in Russia, actualy live in 1994 :(

I read some roughly translated comments she made and she seemed to be disgusted with the weight and eager to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Her attitude towards it reminded me of some American actresses' attitude in the 90s and early 2000s.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me as though Russia, and other parts of Eastern Europe, are still quite discriminating again fat people, particularly fat women. I guess it's safe to say that Russia, and other countries, hasn't joined in on the body positive movement?

1 hour ago, fishmish said:

I read some roughly translated comments she made and she seemed to be disgusted with the weight and eager to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Her attitude towards it reminded me of some American actresses' attitude in the 90s and early 2000s.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me as though Russia, and other parts of Eastern Europe, are still quite discriminating again fat people, particularly fat women. I guess it's safe to say that Russia, and other countries, hasn't joined in on the body positive movement?

It is absolutely right, unfortunately.. Almost nobody even talk about "body positive movement" here. Curvy woman is not in trend. All girls want to lose weight. It is not easy to find BBW here, However, here in Russia a very many beautyful womans, but they are sooooo skiny!! :"(    And of course in Russia any LGBT propaganda is banned (if you had any questions about tolerance)

Guest Smithsonius
50 minutes ago, fishmish said:

While Western Europe may now be more embracing of 'body positivity' and 'self-love' no matter what size, gender, imperfections you may have as an idea, it's safe to say most of Europe in general, including the west, has not moved away from fat discrimination and the concept of fat is bad. The two concepts are very different things.

Edited by Smithsonius

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...