Michelle thread gone?

stone007

Question

18 answers to this question

5 hours ago, stone007 said:

I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong places but I can't find the Michelle thread anywhere! Was it taken down? What happened? :(

Someone identifying themselves as her posted in the thread that she(?) was going to take legal action if everything wasn't taken down.  Of course, I challenged her(?), but hopefully proof was provided to the admins before they decided to wipe the whole thing.

On 09/10/2017 at 8:43 PM, senorclean said:

I'm feeling a bit of the Streisand Effect and am curious to find out who she was.  If they hadn't been removed I wouldn't care at all haha. Might have been a mistake on her part because this just encourages people to archive her pictures elsewhere so they aren't permanently lost.

I doubt it's a mistake on her part....

Should the thread have been removed out of respect for her?  I suppose, especially since she claimed it upset her....it just pisses me off the vibe she gave when she threatened vexatious legal action if her demands weren't immediately obliged.  Nobody was claiming anything about her to be true that wasn't, and irregardless of matter how much turmoil and stress it may or may not have caused her, SHE originally posted the pictures for anyone and everyone to see - and any public pictures are fair game to be saved, shared, and/or reposted, provided they are not under false pretenses(impersonation, slander, or anything else involving malicious intent). 

Quite frankly, if you don't like the fact that you are fat AND you want to publicly post bathing suit pictures, AND you can't stand it that there are guys who enjoy viewing girls who are fat.....well that would be some incentive to not be fat, since one of those conditions are within her control.  If Michelle wants to have her cake and eat it, too, she needs to stop having her cake, and eating for two.

1 hour ago, S77 said:

She filled out a DMCA take down request. 

That is absolutely ridiculous.  DMCA applies to copyrighted materials, i.e. content you own the intellectual properties over.  There is no cause of action because A. She is not losing any monetary compensation as a result of her likeness and "creations" being uploaded here.  B. She was not profiting from them in the first place....and even if she was, there is no reasonable evidence to suggest we were negatively impacting her earnings or revenue.

I honestly almost feel like uploading the .rar file anywhere else I possibly can, because I can't stand such obnoxious and bratty entitlement when one can't withstand the consequences of their own actions.  A polite request is how it is done, because a lot of people actually have compassion.  NOT openly resorting to infantile and empty threats to try and get your way.

4 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

That is absolutely ridiculous.  DMCA applies to copyrighted materials, i.e. content you own the intellectual properties over.  There is no cause of action because A. She is not losing any monetary compensation as a result of her likeness and "creations" being uploaded here.  B. She was not profiting from them in the first place....and even if she was, there is no reasonable evidence to suggest we were negatively impacting her earnings or revenue.

I honestly almost feel like uploading the .rar file anywhere else I possibly can, because I can't stand such obnoxious and bratty entitlement when one can't withstand the consequences of their own actions.  A polite request is how it is done, because a lot of people actually have compassion.  NOT openly resorting to infantile and empty threats to try and get your way.

I understand and it's difficult to argue objectively against the logic however we are dealing with emotion here. I like to see myself as a rational and logic based person but if in the, admittedly HIGHLY unlikely situation I found on a fetish site for hair loss and ageing lines my photos have been taken from sites I had intended only to be viewed by friends, and 100s of people I did not know were making comments on me, my friends and family and I had been sent messages from weirdos and creeps would my initial reaction be to send the following to the site owner:

"Hey  you :) how are you? I bet you are a cracking person. Anyway, look you are legally entitled to view and make sexual references and insults on  pics of me, my friends and family I had intended for private viewing but it would be super if you could remove them as some jolly nice people I don't know have tracked me down  and are bombarding me with 'normal' questions and requests. Thanks ever so much. No problems if you can't remove them as it's my fault for having pics online and there is no human moral, common sense and  respect responsibility for anyone else. Have a great day and a big hi to all my new friends. Love M"

4 minutes ago, Steviehull said:

I understand and it's difficult to argue objectively against the logic however we are dealing with emotion here. I like to see myself as a rational and logic based person but if in the, admittedly HIGHLY unlikely situation I found on a fetish site for hair loss and ageing lines my photos have been taken from sites I had intended only to be viewed by friends, and 100s of people I did not know were making comments on me, my friends and family and I had been sent messages from weirdos and creeps would my initial reaction be to send the following to the site owner:

"Hey  you :) how are you? I bet you are a cracking person. Anyway, look you are legally entitled to view and make sexual references and insults on  pics of me, my friends and family I had intended for private viewing but it would be super if you could remove them as some jolly nice people I don't know have tracked me down  and are bombarding me with 'normal' questions and requests. Thanks ever so much. No problems if you can't remove them as it's my fault for having pics online and there is no human moral, common sense and  respect responsibility for anyone else. Have a great day and a big hi to all my new friends. Love M"

True enough.  I'd have far more respect for someone if they could adequately express their feelings(as you hypothetically just did) without going out of their bounds and demonstrating a profound negligence when it comes to understand how the legal system(and rest of the world, for that matter) works.  I simply don't like to see stupidity and ignorance rewarded.

She's a bronze-skinned, paunchy, sandy-haired, wealthy white New Yorker who can't seem to self-manage or type properly and makes bold promises which she can't deliver upon, but still somehow manages to manipulate things in her favor by using superficial charm....so she can continue do as she pleases on her social media accounts - all others be damned. 

Normally I'd scoff at such credentials, but that exact same resume worked impeccably for this one guy who I have been known to mention occasionally....

It’s perfectly acceptable to request pictures be removed from this site if they land here against ones will and without permission. This is why we have a DMCA process. She completed the process and we removed the photos. It’s no big deal. There are plenty other great looking women here to admire. If she doesn’t want our attention or admiration that is totally fine. No reason to act like a bully to her about it. Let it go

thank you

Maybe in the future, when such a request is made, a special tag or a message in the title could indicate that the thread is pending deletion, to give people time to download the content in case the request is accepted. I have all her pics downloaded but they are not sorted or centralized, it's gonna be a pain to regroup them all.. Also, a big round of slow clap to the person who told her about this site, well done sir... :angry:

@S77 The only one being bullied is you, Jason.  She committed perjury by filing a DMCA form with inaccurate and purposely deceitful information. 

If, for example, a BigCuties or s******31 video is shared, or a link is posted to a streaming video site containing such, then Heather Boyle or the jackass who manages ** can and should file a DMCA, as they are the rightful owners, and are being deprived of hard earned bucks via the act of piracy.  Let me guess, Michelle ticked the "Urgent" box with the written disclaimer:

Only should be used if immediate damage will occur if left unnoticed

You allowed her to abuse a system devised to protect those who have businesses and make money off of their hard work.  I'm not saying you should've started a course of action against her(although you damn well could've), but you should've given her a strict warning in regard to such dishonest and illegal activity, as we're talking about a serious criminal offense.  The DMCA was established to financially protect others, not someone who, well, I won't "bully" her anymore.

Before you try to give a rebuttal about how/why DMCA does or doesn't work, if her DMCA application was legitimate and she had not severely misused the function then basically every thread and picture post in the "General Pictures" and "Candids" sections would become a major liability for both curvage and you, personally(as the administrator).

Like I said - a discreet PM to a mod or admin would've been more than sufficient.  Don't know why you felt the need to acknowledge that she filed a DMCA, when it's a clear violation of the law, as well an insult to your intelligence.  Perhaps you thought it would sound more impressive or make her case look stronger....but for anyone who knows about copyright laws, it did just the opposite.