From the Heart - A Story About Emotional Vampires

kastemel

This is a romantic weight gain story involving vampires. It’s a slow burn; chapter one sets up the premise.

CW: blood! venipuncture, phlebotomy, needles. Also weight-gain, disordered eating, hypnotism, sexual stuff.

Chapter 1

“Okay class, that covers the basics. Any other questions, before we get started?” The perky instructor scanned her dark eyes over the classroom, seeing a mix of eagerness and apprehension in the faces of the attendees. The smell of excitement, tinged with hints of nervous sweat, warmed her nostrils. Partners glanced at each other, but no one raised a hand. The instructor’s partner, a large man with a gentle demeanor, gave her a slight nod; the indication that not only was the class ready for the next step, but he was as well. She proceeded:

“Alright then! All donors should have finished their juice and cookies by now, so please turn your attention to the provided alcohol swab and sterile B.I.T.E. kit.”

Towards the back of the classroom, Penny Nguyen nibbled her last animal cracker. The petite 24 year old had thrown a thick white sweater over her tank top and denim shorts, but the frigid temperature in the clinic classroom was causing her to fidget and squirm in her seat. She had already opened the resealable plastic bag of instructional supplies and looked over its contents before being told. She picked up the alcohol swab and handed a sealed plastic blister pack to her partner, Ren.

Ren Kaufman was wearing their typical health-goth athleisure uniform, an oversized black t-shirt, black joggers, and sneakers. Despite the loose athletic-wear, Ren wasn’t cold, but then again, they never were. They were, however, exhibiting the same nervous energy as their girlfriend. Ren looked over the package Penny had handed them. The packaging read “Blood Ingestion/Transfer Evac Kit,” and it contained a length of tubing with a valve at one end and a butterfly needle at the other. Ren had learned during the class that the needle was coated in silver and they should avoid pricking themself with it. Thinking about sticking it into Penny would have made them sweat, if they were still able to do that. Instead Ren knitted their brows and watched their girlfriend prepare her wrist.

Penny wiped the inside of her wrist clean, erasing streaks of red marker. “Use your senses: you have a preternatural ability to locate veins, sense heart rate, blood pressure, and overall circulatory system health,” the instructor had told them. “You should be able to look your partner in the eyes and insert the needle without breaking eye contact. Try it now using the marker as if it were the needle.” Ren had made a series of shaky red marker lines on Penny’s arm, none of them terribly close to the vein. They would not be using the eye-contact method tonight.

The instructor and her partner walked up and down the row of seats monitoring the preparations. “Remember, it is okay to be nervous,” she said to the room. “This is an exercise in trust, and the fact that you are here signifies a huge step in building a stable, responsible partnership. This may seem like a lot of work and fuss, but I promise you, it is worth it. As we say, ‘True Nourishment Comes From the Heart’.”

The other instructor leaned in and placed a hand on Penny’s shoulder. “Everybody doing alright over here?”

“Yeah, I’m just…I’ve got some butterflies, that’s it.” She turned to face Ren. “I’m ready though.”

Ren inhaled. The instructor gave off a smell like a well-seasoned pan, sort of rich and meaty. As he returned to the front of the classroom, Ren smelled only Penny: cinnamon, honey, and citrus. It was a flavor they loved, that they ached for. Ren’s thirst rose in their throat.

At the front of the class, the male instructor casually rolled up his sweater sleeve and vigorously scrubbed his inner wrist with a swab. His partner joined him, donning a pair of sterile gloves and ripping open her own B.I.T.E. kit. “Now the benefit to locking eyes while you stick,” she said, nonchalantly wrapping the unfurled tubing around her wrist, “is that while they look in your eyes, you can make them calm, make them at ease… make them not feel a thing.” She took his hand in hers. Her breathing had become deeper, faster, as she was inhaling his scent. No matter how many times they did this, no matter how clinical they tried to make the procedure, she always felt the rush right before the stick. She had to feel it; the thirst opened her senses to supernatural levels, while simultaneously narrowing her focus.

She steadied her breath the best she could and said, “Everyone, face your partner. On one, uncap the needle. On two, place it against the skin. On three, stick.”

From the back of the room, Penny could see it: the instructor had her fangs out. Even though she was freezing in this room, a trickle of sweat ran down her back. She turned in her chair to face Ren and put her hands on their knees.

“I’m ready babe, are you?”

“Are you sure you still wanna? It’s not too late for you to say no.”

“Cut it out, I’m not gonna flake now. You know I want to do this for you. C’mere.” She leaned in and gave Ren a deep, breathy kiss, leaving a trace of warmth on their chilled lips.

“That’s a taste,” Penny teased, sitting back. “You gotta do this thing if you want the good stuff.”

Ren broke into a goofy grin; Penny could see Ren’s fangs just starting to extend.

“Here we go: One,” the instructor called out, with audible excitement rising in her voice. Ren snapped back to earth and popped the plastic cap off the needle.

“Two.” Ren cradled Penny’s wrist in one hand and correctly positioned the needle with the other. Ren’s eyes darted up to meet Penny’s; she breathed in calmly, and smiled back.

“Three.” Ren dropped their gaze back to the arm and plunged in the needle. Penny winced, but didn’t made a sound. Dark crimson fluid crawled up the tubing; a perfect draw. Ren felt their fangs stretch in their gums as their vision tunneled around the red liquid streaming up the tube.

“Now you should see the tubing begin to fill.” The male instructor spoke as his partner was now preoccupied. “Once it reaches the stopper valve, not before, place it in your mouth.” The female instructor silently unwound the tubing from her wrist and took the end to her lips. “Bite down on the stopper to open the flow and engage your fangs. And then, without using too much force, you may begin to drink.”

Penny watched with fascination as her blood flowed down the tube, much more quickly than she had expected. She felt funny, but then she had never done anything like this before. Ren held the stopper, their mouth hanging ajar until the blood reached the mouthpiece. Biting down on it, they felt a flood of hot, liquid life filling the bottom of their mouth. Their thirst was primal, and had been denied for so long, but they savored the sensation of having their mouth full of it before gulping down. It tasted like…no, it was Penny, her blood, her lifeforce, and it was everything Ren had imagined it would be and more. They felt almost self-conscious to be having this deeply personal, sensual experience in a classroom surrounded by others, and felt their cheeks flush; it was a sensation they hadn’t felt since before turning.

Penny watched lovingly as Ren drank deep. She’d watched them struggle to choke down artificial blood replacement drinks, and saw the shame and guilt in their eyes when they came home with their monthly ration of donated plasma from the clinic. She had never seen these current expressions of bliss and satisfaction during the couple’s entire time together, and her head swam with affection. She tried to look around the room to see if other couples were experiencing the same thing, but the room spun around her as she turned her head. She grabbed onto her chair with her free hand to steady herself, but everything kept moving anyway. She saw Ren’s face grow concerned and they looked like they were saying something, their mouth still wet with blood–Penny’s blood. The only thing she heard was a sound like rushing air. She tried to answer but Ren slid out of view as Penny’s body slipped involuntarily down in her chair. She saw Ren’s face, yelling in terror, and the instructors rushing over to her as her vision faded to a featureless grey.

Penny could hear voices nearby. She heard Ren’s voice, agitated and on edge. What happened to Ren? Are they okay? Where are they? She squirmed and struggled to open her eyes, then tried to sit up. She realized she was laying on the floor in some room that wasn’t their home, and Ren was kneeling next to her. Ren threw their arms around Penny’s shoulders to steady her and began babbling apologies into her hair.

“Wha-what happened? Ren, what’s going on?”

“You had a rough time with your first bite, kiddo.” A large man was sitting backwards in a chair, and Penny recognized his as the other voice she’d just heard. “It happens, nothing to worry about.”

“Bite?” This man…it was the instructor. He’d said his name was Tyson. She tried to remember why she knew that. ”Oh we’re… we were in the class, I rememb-oh no, did I pass out? Oh Ren, honey…” Ren continued petting Penny’s hair and muttering apologies.

“I didn’t keep my eyes on you, I didn’t keep a connection, and I got carried away and I’m so sorry…”

“You shouldn’t be hard on yourself Ren.” The female instructor had taken a seat in a chair next to the couple on the floor. “I was watching you, and you were doing everything right.”  Penny’s head was clearing. She looked around the room and saw that all the other attendees were milling about, half of them with colorful Band-Aids over their wrists, the others looking blissful and sated. She was the only person laying on the floor with a headache.

“Penny here might just be a light-weight. It can be hard to tell if someone’s up to the task of being a donor. Giving nourishment is…strenuous in a different way than giving plasma, it takes a lot out of you. It can be intense.”

Penny was crestfallen. All she had wanted was to be able to give to her partner, to keep them healthy and happy, and now she was hearing that she didn’t have what it took. She remembered the look of contentment on Ren’s face just before she blacked out. Would she ever see that look again?

Tyson spoke: “Now, there are things you can do to make this easier on yourself; diet, exercise, supplements. We’ve come a long way, but this is still more art than science. What works for others might not work for you, and vice versa. Do some research on your own, we’ve got some pamphlets up front to get you started.”

“And Ren,” the female instructor put a hand on Ren’s shoulder, “I know you’re new to this; you’ve gone through a lot of changes. But you need to trust your instincts. Get in tune with yourself, and your powers. It’ll keep you safe, and Penny as well. And don’t beat yourself up about tonight. Guilt is like a stake in your heart.” Ren stifled a laugh, making a snorting sound instead.

“Don’t laugh! I’ve been sharpening these metaphors for a hundred years!”

“You’re 47, Debra,” Tyson remarked.

“Hush, before I hypnotize you into thinking you’re a Dalmatian again.”

It was nearly midnight when they walked out of the cold clinic and into the humid parking lot. It wasn’t strictly necessary, but the clinic offered night classes as a courtesy to its clientele. Penny got into the passenger seat of Ren’s car, gripping a handful of pamphlets and an extra serving of juice and animal crackers. Ren got into the driver’s seat and sighed. They looked over at Penny, an awkward expression of regret and embarrassment on their face.

“So…you sure you still wanna date a vampire?”

Penny smirked, “Why, do you know any single ones?”

Ren stared at her for a second before catching the joke. Penny burst out laughing and leaned against Ren’s shoulder.

“Debra was hot, but I think she’s probably seeing the other instructor.”

“Tyson? Yeah, they seem like an item. He was nice.”

Penny sat quietly for a moment. “We’ll make this work, babe, one way or another.”

Ren sighed and gripped the steering wheel. “Yeah. Let’s get you home, you still look a little pale.”

They drove home listening to a late night call-in show. Penny spent most of the ride looking up something on her phone.

Finally she spoke up: “Here’s a thing. ‘Hemoboost: blood production and enrichment supplement. Guaranteed to increase production of platelets, plasma, and provide nutrients that vampires and donors need.”

“Is this a legit product?”

“Yeah, seems like it is in Canada at least. Let’s see the fine print…side effects include: increased appetite, sluggishness, high blood pressure…well we know how to fix that.” Penny glanced at Ren, who just cleared their throat and kept driving.

“‘Warning: do not take Hemoboost if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant;’ yeah not worried about that. ‘Do not take Hemoboost if you are afflicted with vampirism or intend to become a vampire;’ well duh.” Ren chuckled as they pulled the car into the parking lot of the apartment they shared.

“‘Hemoboost is recommended for suitable donors* only,’ asterisk. Let me find…ah, ‘suitable donors are those with a body mass 120% or greater of the intended recipient.’” Penny dropped her phone to her lap and looked at Ren. “I’d need to be 120% your weight? Have you ever heard that before?”

Ren shrugged. “No. No one’s mentioned that before. Maybe it’s a Canadian guideline?”

Penny looked at her partner: average height, lean, bony to be honest, with a boyish figure. “What’s your weight now?”

“Now? I don’t even know anymore…I was about 135 pounds before…you know. Maybe 125 now?”

“I’m only 120.” Penny glanced down at her petite frame.

“Penny….”

Penny tapped at the calculator on her phone. “120% of 125 means 150 pounds. That’s…hmm.”

“Penny.”

“I could take this supplement and hit the gym to bulk up a little. This stuff sounds like an appetite enhancer anyway. Ooh I can order a 40-day supply and get another 40-days free-”

Penny.

Ren looked sternly at their partner. They couldn’t fathom how after the disaster that tonight had been, she was thinking about taking some weird pills and gaining weight in order to maybe be able to do it again.

Penny looked Ren square in the eyes. “Ren. I want to do this. I at least want to try this. I know you feel guilty that I’m doing this for you, but it’s important to me.” She put her hand on Ren’s. “Before I passed out, tonight…it was good, right?”

Ren rolled their eyes back and put their hand over their face. “Penny it was so good. You…you taste amazing. And even after you blacked out, it was like I could feel you, inside me. That sounds gross, but it was wonderful.”

“Then it’s worth it to try.” She filled out the order form on her phone. “They should get here sometime next week.”

Ren shook their head. “You’re unbelievable, you know that?”

Penny opened the door and stepped out of the car. “Well you’re not so bad yourself. Girls gain weight all the time, not many get to say it’s to please their brooding vampire lover’s unslakable thirst.”

As Ren stepped out of the car, a cloud parted to let a beam of silvery moonlight beam down across them. It wasn’t the first time it had happened.

“See? Très dramatique.

“It’s annoying.” Ren muttered, locking the car. “C’mon. Bedtime for non-vamps. We can rethink this plan once you’ve recovered from blood loss.”

“Mmm over breakfast.”

Chapter 2

“Uggghhhh, I’m starving.” Penny staggered into the kitchen and dramatically plopped into a dining chair. It was already mid-morning, and she had slept in until her growling stomach had forced her to wake up. She rolled her head back and moaned, but glanced down her nose at her partner looking for a reaction.

Ren looked up from their laptop at their girlfriend. Penny’s deep brown, nearly black hair was mostly pulled back in a large messy bun, with the rest parted and framing her face with honey-colored ombre highlights. She was wearing a pair of small cotton running shorts that still hung loose around her skinny thighs, but were now depressed around the waist by a soft, burgeoning pooch of stomach. Her entire middle section was exposed up to her chest, where she was wearing a plain cotton bra that looked slightly inadequate for her assets this morning. She was sprawled in a deliberately unflattering pose that made her small stomach bulge out, and emphasized it by rubbing her hands along its sides.

Ren slid a box of cereal across the table. Penny grabbed it and shoved a handful of cereal straight into her mouth with her bare hand. “You need me to get you a bowl, babe?” Ren asked.

“Nope,” Penny answered, before tipping the box upside down and pouring cereal into her mouth.

Penny’s appetite had been voracious in the weeks since she started taking the Hemoboost supplement. She was almost never seen without a snack in her hand. When she wasn’t hungry, she was complaining about how full she was and how bloated she felt. Ren admitted it was cute at first, but they were starting to get concerned that Penny was making herself actually miserable. Penny shook the last bits of cereal into her mouth, and poured herself a large glass of juice to take her supplement with.

“So I was thinking,” Ren said, “are you supposed to be taking that stuff if you’re not being uh, drank from? Isn’t that going to give you high blood pressure or something?”

“I checked,” Penny said, gulping down a mouthful of cereal, “You take a half dose to get your body into production mode, then go to a full dose when you’re actually giving blood.”

“So this is only a half dose?”

“Uh huh.”

Ren pondered this information. Ever since they had drank from Penny, they had wanted more. Pushing that from their thoughts was hard enough, but once Penny had started taking her supplements, that Penny-smell had become overwhelming, intoxicating. Ren caught themself watching Penny’s neck and wrists while she talked and walked and slept, and their thoughts kept drifting off mid-sentence. The other night in bed they’d had a close call:
“Ow! Ren, what the fuck!”
“It was just a love nip!”
“I thought I felt fang. Are you sure you didn’t fang?”
Penny’s skin had flat, white bite marks on it, but wasn’t broken, but Ren had instinctively reached up and felt their mouth anyway; they hadn’t realized their fangs were slightly extended. Since that incident, they had been avoiding getting too close to Penny, and it was driving them nuts.

“Earth to Ren. Are you with us?”

“Sorry, what?” They’d drifted off again! Dammit! They watched Penny pop the capsule in her mouth and chase it with several gulps of juice.

“I asked what you thought this stuff was made out of. Is it bone marrow, you think? Am I eating bones?”

Ren looked at their own glass: it was half full of room-temperature Sanglet, a nutritionally sound but unpalatable blood replacement drink mix. They could smell it from here, and the taste was still sour in their mouth. “I don’t…. I’d be able to tell if it was bones, it’s not bones.”

Penny sat her glass down. “Ren, what’s wrong? You’re barely talking to me. It’s like you’re barely here.”

“It’s fine, I’ve just…I’ve had a long night.”

“Every night for you is a long night, you don’t sleep. I feel like you’re upset with me, beyond your general broodiness.”

“I’m not…”

“Are you…upset that I’m getting fat?” Penny struggled to say the words. It felt like an accusation, and she felt her eyes get hot with the beginning of tears as she spoke. She felt vulnerable in a way she hadn’t ever felt before, even after all this time cohabitating with an actual vampire. “I… I know I said I was going to try and work out and gain muscle but I’ve felt so sluggish and lazy, and I just…” Shit. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks. She hadn’t meant to cry over this, she felt so stupid! This whole plan was stupid, Ren was right to hate it. “I’m disappointing you.”

Ren sprung from their chair and slid into the one next to Penny so fast that Penny knocked her glass over; Ren’s hand caught Penny’s glass before it fell. She knew Ren could move fast but had never gotten used to it.

Ren’s other hand stroked Penny’s shoulder. “No, sweetheart, no, you aren’t disappointing me; you have never disappointed me.”

Penny pressed her lips together tightly, trying to keep her tears from progressing into full blown sobs. Why was she being so emotional about this? “Will…will you tell me what’s wrong, then? Please just talk to me.”

Ren held Penny in an embrace and took a deep breath of her hair.

“That smell…that smell is what’s wrong.” Ren let go of Penny so they could watch her face as they spoke. “I can’t…I can’t get your smell, your taste out of my head and it’s driving me batty…goddammit, don’t laugh at that, I’m trying to be serious.”

Ren couldn’t help but relax after seeing Penny’s smile at their accidental pun. “Like I was saying: being around you is making my thirst go crazy. I know I’m not going to like…fang out and bite you by accident, but I didn’t want to say anything that would frighten you. And I hurt your feelings instead.”

“And then there’s this shit.” Ren grabbed their glass of Sanglet and pulled it over to them. “I’ve been hitting this pretty hard because it’s supposed to be full of thirst suppressors, but…go ahead, take a sip.”

Penny eyed Ren suspiciously. “It’s not going to hurt you…” Penny’s nose crinkled as she took a sip, then immediately gagged. “…but you won’t like it.”

“Oh my godddd,” Penny coughed and sputtered. “It’s like…like scab-flavored Gatorade!”

“Here’s the thing: it doesn’t taste any better if you’re a vampire. It might actually be made of scabs, for all I know.”

“No wonder you’re after my neck.” Ren looked especially sheepish to Penny. “I wish you’d just told me, babe. I’m a big girl, I can handle you if you get chompy.” She picked up the jar of Hemoboost. “Do you think…this stuff is doing something that’s making it worse? Am I actually full of extra blood, or am I just imagining that?”

Ren took the jar and glanced over the ingredients—some iron, B-vitamins, a lot of herbal stuff, probably useless junk—then reread the warnings about not taking the supplement while pregnant.

“Wait a second…” Ren got up and stood behind Penny, so they could smell her hair and neck more closely. There was something familiar about the intensity of Penny’s pheromones…something that occurred regularly, once a month. “Why didn’t I notice this before… This stuff is cranking up your hormones.”

“Is that why I’m so hungry and emotional? Shit.”

Ren leaned down over Penny’s shoulder. “I’m not sure, but it’s probably why your tits are so big.” Penny let out a groan.

“They were driving me crazing from jiggling around so much so I stuffed them in this bra and it. Is. NOT. HELPING.”

Ren’s fingers slid under the snug cups of Penny’s bra and found her nipples. They were feeling extremely sensitive and Ren’s cool fingers made them harden immediately. “Wait; is this why you get so horny when I’m on my period? Because I’m full of hormones and extra blood?” Penny flexed her back as Ren gave her a light squeeze. “That’s gross, babe,” she said, with a lusty smile on her face.

Ren leaned in closer and left a light kiss on Penny’s collar bone. Their chilly lips made a shiver run up her spine. She felt Ren’s hand slip under the clasps of the bra.

“I have to give you permission first,” she said quietly.

“That’s only for houses, darling, and my name’s already on the lease for this place.”

The ends of the bra sprung free, and Penny’s fuller, heavier breasts slipped out. Ren’s mouth and tongue gently sucked and nibbled over their tender surface, while Penny squirmed in her seat. Ren’s mouth then went to Penny’s, fiercely kissing her. She didn’t say it to Ren often enough, but Penny loved their hunger for her, their thirst. She had been desired before, appreciated before, but nothing came close to the electric feeling she got from Ren’s gaze and touch. She broke their kiss and locked eyes with Ren. There it was, the look.

“Ren, can you handle this right now or should we stop? It won’t hurt me if you say no.”

Ren stood and grabbed the half-full glass of Sanglet, then downed it in a single gulp and placed it back on the table with a thunk. “I’m good.” They smiled seductively at Penny for a moment, then grimaced from the aftertaste of the foul drink.

“C’mon you,” Penny rose to her feet and let her bra fall to the floor. She then pulled the tight waistband of her shorts down over the curve of her ass and let those slip to the ground as well, revealing that she had nothing on underneath. “I have something to get that taste out of your mouth…”

Penny was lying in sweat-soaked sheets, panting and staring at the ceiling. Ren had given her a thorough working over, bringing her to the kind of climax that left her feeling floaty and heavy at the same time, in a post orgasmic daze. When her spirit returned to her blissed-out, limp body, she raised her head to see Ren sitting at the foot of their modest, full-size mattress. Ren’s pale skin was as flawless and sweat-free as ever, but their hair was disheveled. Clipped close to the scalp on the sides, the long hair on top was usually swept back into a low pompadour, but right now it was in disarray, falling over their ears and eyes. Ren was currently too preoccupied to notice Penny watching them, as they slipped their arms through their binder before lifting it over their head. Penny could see the bones of Ren’s spine and outlines of their ribs before they pulled the binder down over their chest and started adjusting it. Ren was thinner than ever. Penny wasn’t sure if a vampire could actually starve to death from not drinking, but it made her worry anyway.

Ren brushed their hair back into place with their fingers and noticed Penny had been watching them. Ren’s sharp features—their long, thin nose, striking cheekbones, and pointy chin—caught the sunlight filtering through the black-out curtains of the upstairs bedroom, and their dark eyes glinted in the low light. Ren always objected to the word, but Penny thought they possessed a sort of unearthly beauty…when they weren’t being a dork, anyway. Ren stared silently at Penny’s naked form for a few moments before a goofy grin appeared on their face. They leaned over and flopped onto the mattress and began kissing Penny’s ticklish knees.

“No, no more! I can’t take it.” Penny pinched her legs around Ren, who easily wriggled out.

Ren stroked their fingers up and down the length of Penny’s leg, and then her abdomen. Penny’s stomach swelled out now in a gentle curve where it had previously been nearly flat. Around her navel especially, Ren could feel a layer of new, soft chub, and Penny’s sides were just beginning to thicken into love handles. During sex, Ren had noticed that Penny’s ass had started filling out in addition to her breasts. A question burned on their tongue:

“Penny…”

“Mmhmm?”

“You know I appreciate that you want to…work up to me being able to drink from you. The last thing I want to do is seem ungrateful or impatient, but…”

“You wanna know how much I’ve gained?” Penny took Ren’s embarrassed silence as an answer, and sighed. “Unfortunately, not very much. I think I’ve maybe put on 10 pounds in three weeks, not counting water weight.” Her hands went to her nascent stomach bulge. “My appetite is definitely bigger, but I just get full really fast! I feel like I’m starving, then get myself a ton of food, and my eyes always wind up being bigger than my stomach. I can’t push through.”

“Well maybe I can help. I don’t really eat, but I still remember how to cook.” Ren glanced at the clock. “It’s only 11. Let me make you a brunch while you shower, you should have time to eat before your shift.”

Penny writhed in the sheets, resisting the need to get up. “Okay…I want waffles though.”

Penny let the hot water wash over her for a long time, allowing the heat soak down to her bones. Ren was a tireless, relentless lover, but Penny tried to give as good as she got. As a result, she was pleasantly worn out, but not so exhausted that work would be unbearable. It was Saturday, and she had a closing shift at the Shower ‘n’ Shave Shoppe, peddling lotions and face masks to mall goers. Their small apartment bathroom was cluttered with products and samples from her store, many of them part of Penny’s beauty routine, but quite a few actually belonged to Ren. Penny had been at work when they first met, while Ren was experimenting with various beauty products to try and look less vampiric. Of course, Ren would never say the v-word out loud, and the more they danced around the issue the more determined Penny became to help her awkward and charming customer. By the time Ren had spent a small fortune on lotions and concealers, and several hours chatting up the cute store clerk, Penny deduced that maybe they weren’t after a new beauty regimen after all, and suggested they meet somewhere after her shift was over. Penny had finished her shower and was applying her makeup before getting dressed. She scrutinized her own face; round and full, compared to Ren’s angular face, a light complexion with warm honey undertones that were absent from Ren’s pallor. How much had her face changed since they’d met? Had Ren’s changed at all in that time? Would it ever change?

The smell of fresh waffles had wafted upstairs by the time Penny made her way downstairs in a pair of plain panties, carrying her work clothes on a hanger. Ren upturned a mixing bowl over the waffle iron, scraping out the last of the batter. There was a stack of steaming waffles next to them; Penny couldn’t help but notice there were a lot of them. It was an entire batch of batter after all, and Ren wasn’t going to eat any. She fetched a plate and syrup and began with a modest helping of two waffles.

“Aw, you put coconut in these!”

“You like it?”

“They’re really good babe,” Penny answered through a full mouth of waffle. As Penny finished the last bites of her first plate, Ren slid another two waffles onto her empty plate. Ren was certain she was about to object to the extra food, but instead Penny puckered her lips and gave Ren a smooch before digging into her second plateful.

Ren collected the remaining waffles and sat to watch Penny eat. Halfway through the plate, Penny slowed down considerably. She spent longer between bites, and when she glanced up at Ren there was a hint of desperation in her eyes, despite her trying to smile with stuffed cheeks. She had finished all but the last bite when she laid her fork down and heaved a sigh.

“I think I might have to tap out. The spirit is willing but the belly is weak.” She leaned back and gingerly stroked her distended stomach. Beads of sweat had appeared on her forehead; Ren could smell it, like an intense aroma coming off of her in waves. “I want to eat more, I know I need to, I just don’t know if I can convince my body to lift the fork anymore.”

Ren had stayed cool all morning, during the foreplay and love-making, but now, seeing their girlfriend stuffed full of food and coursing with pheromones, Ren’s thirst suddenly leapt back up into their throat. As they felt their fangs start to drop and their mouth water, they clamped a hand over their mouth. Penny sat forward in her chair and unexpectedly locked eyes with Ren. Afraid to say anything, afraid to open their mouth and reveal their loss of control, Ren could only focus on the one, overriding sensation in their mind; the thirst, the hunger.

For Penny, it was that look againonly…different. She found herself ensnared, unable to look away, and… feeling something. Through the connection of their locked gaze, Penny felt that hunger, absorbed it, and the next thing she knew… the hunger was hers.

Suddenly, Ren’s fangs pulled back, and their thirst, still unsated, backed down and released them from its hold. Penny stared at Ren for a moment, then shook her head and glanced down at the table.

“I should finish these,” she said, grabbing the fork and placing the last bite of waffles into her mouth. Then, without another word, she reached across the table to grab the plate of remaining waffles. She drenched them in syrup and began hacking off huge mouthfuls with the side of her fork.

Ren stood and circled around Penny in stunned silence. Any desperation or struggle Penny had exhibited a moment ago was gone, and she now was aiming to nearly double the amount the food in her stomach.

“B-babe, you know you don’t have to finish those if you don’t want to,” Ren nervously asked. “Or can’t.” They were half-afraid Penny wouldn’t answer, and would just keep robotically eating.

“It’s okay. I just suddenly got hungry again,” she answered with one side of her mouth packed full of waffles and syrup. “Like I got this second wind out of nowhere.”

Penny polished off the remaining waffles more quickly than she had eaten the first four, and scraped the syrup from her plate with the fork. Once the plate was well and truly empty, she glanced at the clock on the stove. “Shit! I gotta get to work. Hand me my clothes.”

Ren watched as Penny attempted to lean over to grab the bra she had dropped on the floor earlier, but seemed unable to bend sufficiently at the waist in order to reach it. She grunted and tried to reach sideways to grab it, revealing a distended stomach that looked as round and firm as a bowling ball in her midsection. Eventually she succeeded, and proceeded to get dressed while huffing and puffing from exertion. Ren watched her twist and contort herself trying to get the button of her khaki pants fastened under her swollen gut. By the time she was done, Penny was red in the face.

“You’re *huff* helping me with that next time,” Penny said as she grabbed her purse and the car keys, “especially since this is all your fault.” She gave Ren a kiss goodbye, and Ren’s throat made a dry swallowing motion.

“See you tonight baby!” Penny called cheerfully as she walked out the door to the apartment, leaving a stunned Ren with a pile of dishes and many questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 3

Ren sat, cross-legged in the bed where they and Penny had made love just a few hours earlier, and centered themself. They emptied their mind, and focused on the sensations of their body. Once they felt relaxed, they raised Penny’s pillow to their face and inhaled deeply.

Penny’s smell washed over Ren like a wave, and as it passed, Ren felt that familiar sensation rise up within their throat: thirst. “Thirst” didn’t do it justice; Ren remembered regular thirst from before they turned as a sensation mostly taking place in the mouth. This, however, rose up from the stomach, or deeper, like a rumble of hunger that intensified as it echoed up through the chest and into the throat. But it had an additional element to it, the thing that made the pang energizing instead of enervating; a sort of lust, arousal, crackling from their toes to their scalp. Ren’s fangs tingled and began to descend at the thought of Penny, and her delicious scent. Now it was time for the hard part.

Ren focused on all the sensations associated with their thirst, and focused them inward, trying to concentrate and contain them like they had earlier at the kitchen table. At first it seemed all in vain; acknowledging the sensations made them intensify, and Ren’s breathing quickened as their body craved something to sate itself. They furrowed their brow and focused harder, this time visualizing pulling the thirst inwards instead of compressing it from the outside. The sensations crystallized, and suddenly they were observing it from the outside. Their body relaxed, and they held the idea of their thirst in their mind, like a hot stone. They imagined locking eyes with Penny again, and sending this gem of hunger to her, communicating this feeling with her. But Penny wasn't there, and Ren lost their hold on it after only a few short moments. The sensation of thirst crashed over them like a tidal wave, and they collapsed forward and screamed into the pillow.

Over the next week, they would practice isolating and focusing their thirst on command. This ability alone helped them handle their urges tremendously, but Ren needed to know if it was just their imagination, or if they really had the power to affect Penny’s appetite. Ren chose a night when they hadn’t had time to make dinner, and so had ordered a massive quantity of pad thai for Penny. One huge serving of the sticky, carb-packed noodles had disappeared into Penny’s taut belly when she started to pause between bites. “Do you...want to eat any more?” Ren asked.

Penny made a slight grimace and leaned back in her chair. “I’m not sure if I can.” Her stomach hadn’t gotten noticeably fatter, but it was visibly packed full. The sight of Penny’s over-indulgence, as always, fiercely stirred up Ren’s thirst. They desperately wanted to experience that feeling of fullness, of satiety, that emanated from their girlfriend. They slid their chair next to Penny’s.

“I know you feel like you can’t, but...do you want to?”

“I would if I could babe, you know that.”

That was the opening Ren was waiting for. “Will you let me try something?”

Penny looked at them skeptically. “You’re not gonna try to force feed me are you? I’ll gain weight, but I draw the line at being foie gras for you.”

“No no, nothing like that,” Ren shifted awkwardly in their chair, not ready to make eye contact. Penny’s scent was even more arousing now that they were close to her, and their fangs were practically throbbing in their skull. If they were going to pull this off, they needed to do it soon.

“I just...I wanted tell you how much it means to me that you’re doing this, for me, but also…” Ren stoked their thirst like a fire, tending it into a red-hot little ball as they spoke, “I need you to know just how much it’s making me fucking want you.”

Ren shot their eyes up, catching Penny’s gaze. Penny felt a jolt as they locked eyes with their partner. There was more than a glint in their eyes this time, there was a fire. It felt like her brain was lighting up with pleasure and electricity.

“...and I think I’ve figured out how to make you understand how hungry I am for you.” Ren was a bit surprised by their own words, but it was too late to abort now; they let their lust guide them. They rose to their feet, put their hands on the back rest of Penny’s chair, and effortlessly spun her to face them directly. Penny gulped. She loved when Ren’s dominant side awakened, but this was something new.

They were staring directly into Penny’s eyes, letting the full extent of their hunger show, fangs and all. “So...do you feel it?”

Usually a tense excitement gripped her when Ren’s desire peaked, like being caught in a spotlight. This felt like grabbing a live wire—like a transmission. The pleasant, buzzing heat of their connection gave way to a rumbling, burning ache, and beneath it, twisting below the surface, a feeling of intense arousal. Penny’s stomach still felt full and heavy, but it didn’t matter; she had to have more.

Heart pounding, she answered: “I feel it.”

The intensity of Ren’s eyes faded, and they blinked. Their fangs slowly retracted and they sat back in their seat. Whatever feeling they had induced in Penny, it did not work the other way around. They felt no fullness, no satisfaction, but they did feel a sort of relief, as if the edge had been taken off their thirst by sharing it. With the connection between them severed, Ren could now only watch Penny’s reaction.

Penny grabbed the extra order of pad thai off of the table and began shovelling it into her mouth, furiously. This hunger wasn’t physical, or it was, but...she didn’t know how to describe it. Parts of her that weren’t her stomach ached to be filled, but all she could do was keep stuffing food into her packed belly. She made it halfway through the second serving before letting out an exasperated moan, then forcefully shoved the container at Ren.

“What? Are you-”

“Just feed it to me. I have to—” she panted, and let out a groan, “I have to concentrate on chewing and swallowing.” Penny grabbed the bottom of her t shirt with both hands and pulled it off over her head in a swift movement, then popped the button on her shorts open. “Just feed me the rest.”

Ren dutifully lifted forkful after forkful to her lips. Penny furrowed her brow in determination, and let out intermittent grunts from effort. At last, the fork scraped the bottom of the container. Ren placed the empty box on the table, and surveyed the damage; Penny sat leaning slightly back, legs spread apart, hands resting on her hips, with her bulging, bare belly thrust out in front of her. Her hair was slicked to her forehead and neck with sweat, her face flush with exertion. She measured her breaths carefully; shallow but paced out, laced with occasional groans as she stared off into the middle distance.

The feelings of desperate mania to eat had ebbed, leaving Penny with an aching, all encompassing feeling of fullness in her stomach, and a morbid sense of accomplishment. She ran her hands over her tight belly, pressing against its dome-shaped surface, but she was already mostly undressed and there was nothing she could do to find relief at this point; she was stuck like this for a few hours at least, and she knew it. She focused her eyes, not without some effort, on Ren.

“Ren—*pant*—you have to promise me—*pant*—something.” Ren nodded, and Penny winced, then continued. “Promise me...that you won’t do that again...without telling me first—without asking me first, okay?”

“I promise,” Ren said with utmost sincerity, before a sly grin crossed their face. “But...I can do it again, sometime?”

Penny grinned back, looking somewhat pained. “You maniac. You need to let me fuckin’ recover first, you understand? And I want a full explanation of just what that was,” Penny arched her back and slipped her hands under the swell of her belly, “and why I feel so turned on right now.”

“Wait, for real?”

“Ren, I feel like I’m going to pop if I try to move, but if you can eat me out right now without making me barf, I will let you do this to me again any day of the week.” Penny tried to wriggle her denim shorts off without bending at the waist or lifting her ass from the seat, but couldn’t make much progress. Ren pulled them free in a single pull, taking Penny’s damp panties with them. Penny’s wouldn’t be the only marathon eating session that night.

From that point on, Ren would continue to ensure large quantities of high-calorie food were available to their girlfriend, while also anxiously looking for openings to boost Penny’s appetite. When they weren’t working from home or practicing their meditation, they were reacquainting themself with the kitchen. They started simple, but not small: huge bowls of pasta, first with red sauce, eventually working up to rich, heavy alfredo sauces. They made triple cheese grilled-cheese sandwiches, and segued to potato croquettes, then fried chicken. When they didn’t know what to make for dinner, they would just try a new dessert recipe. Not everything was a successRen’s sense of human taste wasn’t what it used to be—but no matter what they made, Penny was eager to try it. And if Penny liked it, Ren would take a seat across the table to watch her eat, waiting for her to inevitably slow her pace as she approached her limit. Ren would take this time to practice keeping their thirst focused and under control, like a hot little flame; but occasionally when they and Penny made eye contact, they thought they could feel tiny little sparks of it escape and leap between them.

It was awkward at first, having to ask for permission, but it soon became routine. After Penny’s first helping or so, Ren would try to gauge her openness. Sometimes Penny would demure, putting her foot down that she was stuffed to capacity, or not in the mood; other times Ren would ask, their thirst starting to build, and Penny would agree but put a limit on how much she would eat under Ren’s influence. But many times, and more frequently as the practice continued, Penny would instigate, meeting Ren’s gaze, glancing at her empty plate, then slowly reaching down to unbutton or remove whatever she was wearing. She would look back at Ren and feel the burning thirst in their eyes, and the next thing she knew she was consumed by a fresh wave of hunger for the food before her. And then she would eat.

The changes in Penny’s physique were dramatic. After weeks of slow, touch-and-go weight gain, her body started to consistently expand under this new regimen. Those ten new pounds grew into fifteen, then into twenty, then into twenty-five. Since it was still late summer, she had taken to wandering around the house in just her cotton running shorts. The drawstring was no longer necessary, as they now fit her as tightly as a pair of skin-tight boy shorts. This allowed Ren to observe as Penny’s ass progressed from skinny, to full, to developing a delightful jiggle as she padded around the kitchen or up the stairs. When they were home, Penny’s chest remained bare; she claimed because it was hot, but Ren knew that it was because all of Penny’s bras had gotten too small in both the cups and strap. It was mesmerizing to watch her sit across the table or on the couch, cheerfully stuffing her face while her naked breasts jostled and bounced like they never had back when she was 120 pounds. When it was time for work, she would struggle into an undersized bra and white blouse, tight around her newly thickened arms, buttons straining across the chest. But this wasn’t even her most pressing wardrobe concern.

As Penny softened and thickened all over, her belly had set the pace. Ren kept their girlfriend so thoroughly laden with food that it was easy to imagine Penny’s belly was the result of a constant food-baby, but when she rolled out of bed in the morning or came home from work complaining that she was starving, she exhibited the telltale signs of a permanent pot belly. There was a clear demarcation where her growing belly suddenly swelled out over her waistband, wrapping around her hips in a thick pair of beginner’s lovehandles. Penny’s hands frequently found their way to her new belly, idly playing with her belly button piercing or just placing a hand against her growing middle as she went about topless at home. Ren caught her squeezing or pinching the new flab from time to time, most recently while she was eating. What surprised Ren the most was how irresistible this was.

They knew that Penny’s impressive gain served one purpose: to enable Ren to drink safely from her once she outweighed Ren significantly. And Ren was not surprised that they found sexual pleasure in Penny’s bust and ass becoming more plush; but somehow it was Penny’s belly, whether stuffed taut with rich food or soft and jiggly and empty, that drove Ren wild. Its continued growth meant Ren was getting closer to slaking their thirst once again, true, but it also ignited an intense lust. The day that Penny finally admitted that her work khakis were hopelessly too small to fasten around her enlarged waist, Ren had gleefully torn them off her and carried her to bed.

For Penny’s part, the sudden changes to her body triggered no small amount of anxiety. She was trying to save money, and hadn’t fully realized how much thirty pounds would devastate her wardrobe. T-shirts and tank tops now clung around her stomach and hips where they used to hang loose from her chest, the inner thighs of her jeans rubbed and blew out from her new chubby legs, and all manner of underwear had begun to dig into her flesh uncomfortably. But Penny wanted to wait until her weight had stabilized before committing to new clothes; and also she had a surprise in mind for Ren, but that would come later. Her most unforgiving item of clothing had turned out to be her work pants, and she was forced to upgrade those in order to meet dress code.

Ren seemed extremely enthusiastic about Penny’s new shape, especially outgrowing her pants, but Penny was having a harder time adapting. Thirty pounds, she realized, was a significant amount of weight to gain for a 120 pound person, especially as rapidly as she had put it on. Going up and down the stairs in their apartment now left her winded, and trudging across the parking lot to work left her a sweaty, panting mess. She felt her co-workers’ stares when she came in disheveled and struggling to tuck her undersized blouse back into her pants, but none of them mentioned her weight, not within her earshot anyway. As a former cosmetology student, Penny was very image-conscious, but she’d never had to worry about her weight before. She’d done some athletics throughout high school and maintained her slim figure since graduating through luck and youthful metabolism, she supposed. Now for the first time in her life, her waist swelled out wider than her ribs, her thighs rubbed, she had rolls forming on her back, and her round face was becoming fuller by the day. Skinny Penny was gone, and in her place, was someone...average, bordering on chubby.

All of this would have probably made her miserable and insecure, were it not for two things: one, Penny knew that her goal was in sight, and soon she’d be ready to try and let Ren drink from her again. The second thing was that the attention and affection Ren had been lavishing on her during this period was unlike anything she had experienced before. At first she blamed the hemoboost supplements for making her hormones turn her into vampire catnip, but Ren’s sexual appetite had eclipsed their thirst. Ren filled Penny’s days with food, foreplay, and fucking, often in that order. The result was that she spent a lot of time pleasantly exhausted, and made little to no effort to resist her fattening routine. She was constantly hungry now, a phenomenon she attributed to the supplements, being fed increasingly larger meals at the hands of her partner, and lingering effects of Ren’s weird vampiric powers. All told, she felt lulled into this life of decadent pampering, except in the moments where the real world interrupted and made her put on pants. Her mind resisted it, but she was unable to deny the realization: getting fat for Ren felt really good. Maybe too good.

The reality of the situation hit her while in the doctor’s office. She had suspected that her weight was sufficient for her and Ren to try the B.I.T.E. kit again, but had to guess since they didn’t own a scale. She wanted to get a check-up before they attempted it not only to make sure she was healthy enough for it, but also to learn her actual weight. She was excited to learn whether she’d hit the mark, but was dreading the lecture from the doctor over her weight gain.

Having finally outgrown all her pants and shorts, Penny was wearing some stretchy workout tights and a formerly-loose hoodie over a skin-tight tank top. It was early September now and still quite warm, so the hoodie was more for modesty than comfort. The nurse had her get on the scale on the way to examination room.

“Okay...167.2 pounds. Now follow me, we’ll seat you right in…”

“I’m sorry, what?!” Penny looked down at the digital display in shock. Plain as day, it said 167.2. Assuming that she had actually been 120 when this had started, Penny had gained 47 pounds over the summer.

“Does that seem off?” the nurse asked, flipping back through Penny’s file. “Last time you were in you weighed...oh. Well, you’ll be able to ask Dr. Carroll about it.”

Penny sat on the exam table, face white with shock. 167 pounds...she was officially chubby, if not fat. In her tight, spandex tights and clingy tank top, she felt like she could suddenly feel every new ounce of fat. Her butt squished and spread across the crinkly paper covering the exam table, her breasts strained against the zipped-up hoodie, and her round stomach bulged over the waistband of her tights and rested on top of her thighs. Her hands grabbed hold of her thick stomach roll through her sweatshirt. You’re FAT, Penny, she thought to herself, You let yourself get fat and now you’re FAAAAAAAT.

“I’m…” she whispered to herself out loud in the cold exam room, “I’m f-”

She was interrupted by a knock at the door and Dr. Carroll entering. “Penny! How we doing today!”

Penny honestly couldn’t remember what he asked her about or what responses she gave him. She remained lost in her thoughts until he asked her to remove her sweatshirt so he could check her blood pressure. Removing her outer layer, there was now nothing to hide her fattened torso and belly from view. Her face reddened, but Dr. Carroll remained professional as he checked her blood pressure as okay, and listened to her lungs with the stethoscope.

“Deep breaths.” She realized she had been sucking in her stomach the whole time. She relaxed, letting it bulge forward fully, and took a deep breath. Penny began to calm down; doctors see fat people all the time, she thought. Now...now I’m one of them.

Dr. Carroll sat back down and added his notes to Penny’s file, then said, “So Penny…” She gulped. Here it comes, she thought. “Last time you were in, about 10 months ago, looks like we had you at 119 pounds, so...you’ve put on a bit of weight.”

“Yeah I uh…”

“Any lifestyle changes or medications that you think may have caused it? Or should we be looking for underlying causes?”

Lifestyle changes? She was fattening herself up on purpose to feed her vampire lover, that was one. “No, I think I know what’s been behind it. Just um...been eating out a lot lately, been stressed, you know.”

“Lately? Was this a recent change?”

Recent? Would he consider 47 pounds in 3 months a “recent” change?

“No, it’s been...the spring was my last semester at school, and I got a new job, so it’s been like... 8 months?” she lied.

“Well,” he replied, “Everything else looks good! We can get you in to see a nutritionist if you want, but if you’re not worried, I’m not worried. But if you do notice any sudden, unexplained weight changes, you come back in okay?”

The tension that had gripped Penny since she had entered the office washed away. “Sure thing!”

Penny walked out of the office:167 pounds and a clean bill of health. She had heard everything she had wanted to hear, she realized. She had done it; she was ready.

Or nearly ready, anyway. She texted Ren, gonna run some errands, be back in an hour or 2

doctor went ok?

Penny grinned. doctor went great, she texted back.

what about, you know. what did the scale say? Ren replied.

scale says your girlfriend got fat :P

Penny saw Ren beginning to reply and quickly sent, and she needs you to cook her a big special dinner tonight

Penny saw Ren begin typing a message, then stop, then start again. Penny loved making them flustered like this.

Finally Ren replied: like, big enough for 2?

Yes. Love you, gotta go. Penny hit send and shoved the phone in her pocket as she got in the car. She wanted Ren hot and bothered, and flirty texts and exercise clothes weren’t going to cut it. She was going shopping.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

When Penny scooted in through the front door of their apartment, a shopping bag on each arm, she saw Ren hustling around the kitchen at work on what looked to be an epic dinner.

“Oh! Shit, dinner’s gonna be like...another 45 minutes,” they apologized, “I got too ambitious, I thought I’d have more time…”

The smell from the kitchen was intense; it smelled like alfredo sauce, one of Ren’s specialties, and Penny’s favorites, along with another, mouth-watering smell that Penny recognized but couldn’t place. Penny set down her bags and went to give Ren a kiss. As she got close to Ren she saw their face was smeared with some sort of black substance and their eyes were bloodshot and dark.

Ren wiped their eyes and sniffled. “I…wanted to make garlic bread for you. I’m having ah, a bit of a reaction to it.”

“Ren!”

“The recipe called for it, and you said this was special!” Penny began fussing with Ren’s face, wiping away the sooty grey tears streaking from their eyes. “Pfft, cut it out, I’m fine. It’s already starting to clear up. I’m making you get it out of the oven, though.”

Penny planted a heavy, warm kiss on Ren’s lips. “Are we really gonna try again tonight?” Ren asked.

Penny bit her lip and nodded. Ren kissed her back and held her close. A hissing sizzle drew their attention back to the stove as a pot began to boil over. Ren sprang across the kitchen with supernatural speed, and Penny took the opportunity to sneak off upstairs with her bags.

She stripped out of her unflattering athletic-wear and went to the bathroom to freshen herself up. She let her hair down and leaned over to let it hang straight down from her head, then smoothed it out with the blow dryer to give it a little volume. She applied her makeup, choosing smoky eyeshadow and dark burgundy lipstick. She completed the look with some winged eyeliner; might as well go dramatic, she figured, since she was about to have dinner with—and then be dinner for—a vampire. She reached for her favorite perfume, then thought better of it. Tonight was for Ren, and Ren liked her natural scent, whatever that was.

Out of the first shopping bag she pulled a matching red lace bralette and panty set. She had been eyeing this for quite some time, but had been saving her money for it, while also waiting to see what size she would grow into. When they had fitted her at the store, she discovered she was already in need of the largest size they carried, meaning anything beyond this weight would require plus sizes. For now, these fit like a glove, a far cry from her outgrown, everyday underwear. She posed in front the mirror, appraising herself from different angles. She took Ren at their word that they still found her attractive at this new size, and their enthusiasm for her had never been greater, but it was still a lot to take in. From the neck down, she could barely recognize the body in the mirror as her own. She puffed out a sigh, realizing that she was psyching herself out when she was supposed be getting in the mood. She approached the mirror to make sure her makeup was right; her face was fuller and softer, but she knew how to work with it, and she liked what she saw. She hoped this would give her the confidence she needed as she went for the other shopping bag.

Downstairs, Ren popped open the cork on a bottle of wine to let it breathe. They glanced around the kitchen to make sure all the burners were turned off; everything was ready, they were just waiting for Penny. Ren went into the downstairs bathroom to check on their hair and cursed as they saw their face was still smeared with black tear stains from their exposure to garlic earlier. They washed their face and slicked their hair back into a proper coif, then glanced at their own outfit. They weren’t nearly as fashionable as their girlfriend, and had fewer occasions to dress up and go out. Ren had a strong preference for black clothing even before turning vampiric, and the turn had done nothing to liven up their wardrobe. Right now they were wearing a slim-fitting black dress shirt over their usual black binder, and a pair of black jeans. They decided to tuck the shirt in.

They went to call upstairs for Penny and gasped as they saw her descending the stairs. She had put on a pair of low heels and was taking each step carefully, letting Ren take in her whole outfit. She was wearing a skin-tight, red, strapless bodycon dress that came down to mid thigh. The crimson fabric hugged her curves, revealing every new inch on her widened frame. The dress zipped up in the front, the zipper set in a black stripe about as wide as a thumb, that ran straight down the middle. The stripe, probably intended to provide a slimming vertical element to the garment, served only to emphasize the new roundness of her belly as she swivelled from side to side with each step. Her once-skinny hips flared dramatically, cutting a luscious silhouette against the stairs, and the bottom hem was beginning to ride up her soft thighs as she reached the bottom. Ren’s gaze rose to Penny’s luscious cleavage, which filled out the bust of the snug dress and swelled up into softened shoulders and thickened arms wrapped in short, off the shoulder sleeves. Penny’s facedamn, she was beautiful tonight—had a nervous smile on it as she reached the bottom step and stopped. Ren noticed that it wasn’t blush Penny was wearing, she was actually turning red from embarrassment.

Ren reached out for Penny’s hand, and held it as she stepped down onto the floor. They drew her in close and whispered breathily in her ear, “You look...incredible.”

“You’re just saying that because I look like a big juicy hamburger to you now,” Penny objected, still blushing. “I underestimated how form-fitting this dress was, it’s...pretty unforgiving.”

Ren’s hands slid down the taut, smooth curves of Penny’s back and hips, then squeezed her round ass. Penny grinned in spite of herself and pressed her belly and chest into Ren. She leaned up and whispered into their ear, “This is all for you, baby.” She could practically feel the goosebumps run up Ren’s neck. “Feed your girl so she can take care of you tonight.”

Ren led Penny to one of the dining chairs and poured her a generous glass of wine, then plated up a helping of pasta befitting a marathon runner. She dug in, unfazed, and dutifully worked to clear her plate. Ren didn’t focus on trying to coax Penny to gorge for once, instead just refilling her wine and making pleasant dinner conversation. They let their thirst stir and fill them without resistance, taking in the sights and smells of their girlfriend as she grew full and sated. The flush of embarrassment had long since left Penny’s cheeks, but it had been replaced by the warm glow from the wine and rich food. Ren had inched closer and closer to her as she ate, eventually sitting right next to her and gently stroking her arm.

The sun had set and their small kitchen seemed especially cozy when at last Penny’s fork clinked against an empty plate. She looked at Ren with sultry eyes, and leaned back in her chair revealing her severely bloated stomach stretching the fabric of her dress. Ren’s eyes fell to Penny’s belly immediately, causing Penny to glance down herself. “Oh my god,” she laughed. “I look pregnant. I wanted to show off my curves for you, but…” she saw Ren’s eyes drinking her in, enraptured with her even as she sat there, swollen and heavy with carbs and rich sauce. She took Ren’s hand in hers and placed it on her belly. The wine was making her feel bold. “You like this, don’t you?”

Ren said nothing, but let their fingers press into Penny’s soft flesh. They massaged the bulge of her stuffed stomach, then traced the squishy indentation of her belly button with her thumb, and finally reached with their fingers underneath where Penny’s belly now rested on her thighs. Ren squeezed lightly, and lifted, like they were weighing it in their hand. Penny’s expression faltered for a moment. “Is it...too much?” she asked.

“No.” Ren answered, barely above a whisper. Their mouth was beginning to water and their fangs had started to slide down.

Penny’s smile returned and she put her arms around Ren. “You did a good job feeding me,” she cooed, “a REALLY good job.”

“Oh shit,” Ren pulled away from Penny’s grasp, “I totally forgot about the garlic bread.” They started to get up, but Penny grabbed their hand.

“It can wait. I want you to drink from me first.”

Penny rose to her feet, leaning on the table a little for balance. “But I don’t want to risk getting anything on my new dress.” She lifted Ren’s hand to her chest, where the zipper pull sat atop her bosom. As Ren carefully pulled the zipper down, the tight dress eagerly separated, freeing Penny’s heavy breasts that filled out her new bralette, followed by her round pot belly and thick waist that were swollen with food and new pounds, then finally her wide thighs that squished together as she shifted her weight from leg to leg. Penny slid the sleeves off and carefully draped the dress over a chair, then sashayed over to the cabinet where Ren kept their various vampire supplies. Ren got to appreciate just how thick she had become, her ample backside hugged by the wide, lacy panties, her waist topped with a thick set of back rolls. Penny returned to the table with a B.I.T.E. pack in hand; her full, protruding belly led the way as she walked, it almost seemed to Ren like she was walking exaggeratedly, like a pregnant woman, to emphasize her size. She walked straight into Ren, belly first, and kissed them deeply, her mouth still tart with wine.

“I know what you’re gonna ask: yes I’m sure. I’m ready. I took a full dose of my supplements today, I’m full of food, and,” she put her mouth close to Ren’s ear. “I weighed 167 fucking pounds at the doctor’s office today.” Ren sat down in a chair in shock. Penny put the B.I.T.E. pack in their hands, then placed both hands on her belly and gave it a slight bounce. “I’m probably 170 after that meal. So if I’m not ready now, I’ll never be.”

Ren opened the kit while Penny cleaned her wrist at the sink. She sauntered back to Ren and sat sideways across their lap. “I don’t think it’ll happen, but I know you’ll catch me if I black out,” she said.

“I’m not going to take my eyes off of you this time,” Ren said as they popped the cap off the needle. “Look into my eyes, okay?”

Penny gazed into Ren’s eyes and felt the magnetic pull of their gaze. In spite of her projected confidence, Penny’s heart was actually racing. She wasn’t fearful, but she was nervous; afraid to fail. But as she stared into her partner’s eyes, she felt a wave of warmth and comfort pass through her body, like a strong embrace or a heavy blanket. She relaxed, and felt an overwhelming rush of affection in her heart. Then she saw Ren raise the full tubing to their lips, and realized the stick had already happened.

Ren had been able to easily feel Penny’s pounding pulse with their thumb, and worked to ease their partner into a calm state just before inserting the needle. This time, there was no need to check; they knew their partner, their body, their pulse, and they felt in control enough to trust themselves this time. All that was left was to drink.

Ren’s previous experience drinking from Penny did not prepare them for what they tasted that night. In addition to the satisfaction of receiving nourishment from their love, they could taste the richness of the meal they had spent all afternoon preparing, and the buzz of the wine in Penny’s blood. It had been years since Ren had been able to taste and appreciate regular human food, but it was all here, on their tongue. And beneath that, beneath the flavor of the food and the taste of Penny, there was a new sort of...body to the flavor. Ren didn’t know if it was an effect of the supplements Penny had been taking or if it was from how much heavier she had gotten, but it was glorious. Ren could not remember a time they had felt so satisfied in their life.

Ren lost themselves in reverie for just a moment before fixing their attention back on Penny. They made sure they drank gently, savoring each mouthful, while sensing for any signs that Penny was at her limit. After a minute or so, the complexion of her forehead turned a fraction of a shade whiter, the pulse through her body grew a tiny bit weaker, and Ren’s senses told them it was time to stop. They slipped the needle cleanly out Penny’s arm and applied light pressure with their thumb, then drew the last of the blood through the tubing into their mouth. Penny slumped against Ren’s body and for a second they feared they’d misread her and she was blacking out. Instead, she wrapped her arms around Ren’s neck and kissed their head. They both began laughing, neither quite sure why.

Ren scooped their arms under Penny’s legs and back and stood up, easily lifting her 167 pound body, and twirled her around. Penny’s knees buckled as Ren returned her to the ground, and she hung from their neck before steadying themselves. “I’m...I’m okay, just a little light headed.” Ren sat her down in a chair and went to the sink to get her a glass of water. Penny saw a springiness and energy in Ren’s movement they had never seen before. The smile on Ren’s face when they returned to her side made her heart nearly burst. She drained the glass while Ren watched her closely. “You’re gonna be a little dehydrated, let me get you another-”

“Ren, hold on.” Penny turned her body to face Ren. “I have to ask you something, before...before I lose my nerve.” She swallowed nervously. “I...okay, so I wanted this, for you to be able to drink from me, for us to have this partnership and to keep you healthy, and I, I gained all this weight,” she clapped her hands on her soft sides for emphasis, “so this could work, but I need to know if it’s more than that now.”

Ren’s mouth opened, but they couldn’t find words. Penny didn’t seem angry, but she was putting Ren on the spot.

“Just tell me: are you attracted me this way because it means you can drink from me, or does this...turn you on? You can tell me either way, but I need to know.”

Ren approached Penny’s seated body and kneeled on the floor in front of her, placing their hands on her smooth legs. They took in Penny’s softened form, recalling the skinny girl they had fallen for during their early days of being a vampire. They were, maybe for the first time since turning, fully sated and free of thirst, and yet...they still hungered for Penny. Ren the vampire was satisfied, but Ren the sexual being craved Penny’s plump, growing body like a drug.

Ren tightened their grip on Penny’s legs and leaned forward, meeting Penny’s waiting mouth with a deep, rough kiss. Their hands flew down to Penny’s ass and squeezed, and without thinking they lifted her up and sat her on the table so they could kiss her easier.

“Mmmmf, Ren, that’s not an answer!” Penny gripped Ren’s shoulders and pushed them away. “Or maybe it is, but I need to hear you say it.”

Ren stared into Penny’s eyes, still trying to find the words for what they were feeling, what they wanted. What was stopping them? Here they were, a literal vampire, having just drank from a willing partner with whom they shared their life, and getting turned on by weight gain was the thing they were afraid would be too much?

“I...I really like it and I don’t know why, and I’m sorry..” words began to tumble out of Ren’s mouth like a burst dam. “It didn’t start that way, it started with just, me being thirsty, or you know, hungry, whatever, but it’s all” —they twirled a finger in the air— “it’s all intertwined, for me. And now I get so fucking hot and bothered whenever I see you overeat, or outgrow your clothes, or jiggle up the stairs—”

Penny let out a small gasp. “...Do I really jiggle going up the stairs?” she asked quietly.

Ren bit their bottom lip and nodded emphatically, an expression of agonized lust on their face.

Penny pursed her lips. “The thing is, I really like it too. I like you cooking for me, but also, you know...feeding me. I mean, it sucks, outgrowing my pants and getting funny looks at work, and just, worrying that I was going to get fat and maybe still not be able to give you blood, and then I’d just be...fat, for nothing. But if we can do this, and you like me getting bigger…” she rubbed her hands over her stomach. “I guess what I’m saying is...I kept the tags and the receipt for that dress, so I could get a bigger size...and I still want that garlic bread.” She gave Ren a mischievous smile.

Ren grinned back: “I heard that bread makes you fat.”

“It better.”