The Expansion of Emily

GetThiccer

Ok, so this is my first attempt at a WG story. This will be a slow-burn, realistic (in regards to weight description) gain story centred
around a beautiful brunette 20 year old university student named Emily. As this is only part 1 of an intended multi-part series, there won't be any weight gain yet.
This first entry is dedicated to introducing a couple of core characters and establishing the general backdrop of the story.
Feedback and Discussion is very encouraged, as I'm eager to know what any of you out there think, and it will motivate me to write more frequently

The Expansion of Emily: Part 1

'Ok class, settle down'. Professor Craven said, waving his arms. 'Hush, hush.' As soon as he was sure he had the class's full attention he cleared his throat. 
'Now that you've all acquainted yourselves with each other I would like to, unfortunately, remind you of why you're here.'
After a quick survey of the downbeat expressions of his students, a hint of a smirk crept across his lips.
'As Professor Stevens mentioned in the lecture earlier this week you are all going to have to complete an in-depth research project which will be conducted throughout the entire school year.' 
Groans erupted from several class members, but none of which came from Emily Shaw, who perked up considerably at this tidbit of information . She was a slim, effortlessly beautiful 20 year old with long dark brown hair, which today was tied back in a high ponytail. She had played volleyball competitively for the girls team throughout high school  and had continued to keep in shape by regularly attending the Palm Cove Fitness Centre. Her skin was lightly tanned from the California summer and, fittingly, she wore nothing but shorts and a pink tank top.
Emily was a bright and perky girl who, despite being popular in high school, would occasionally be accused of being a 'teachers pet' due to her relentless commitment to achieve the highest grades possible in the classroom. Emily thought this was due to her looking like a California beach babe that they were shocked that she actually had a brain, not to mention educational aspirations. She was in her first year at the University of California (Palm Cove Campus) and was currently enrolled in a general arts degree. Emily still wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to do, so she appreciated that she could take a variety of classes across different areas of study to get a grasp for what she liked. 
At the moment, she was sitting in Professor Donald Craven's 'Introduction to Human Anatomy and Psychology' class. From the course outline, the class was apparently going to be focussed on studying the relationship between the body and mind, and how the health of the two correlated. Emily thought the class had sounded dull when selecting her first-year classes, but since a maths class was a big no-no, she had enrolled into this one hoping it would be a breeze. 
However, the mention of a year-long research project had dampened her optimistic attitude. She was now 100% tuned in to Professor Craven, intent on absorbing every last little detail of it so she could perform as well as she could. 
'Now this project.' Professor Craven said, waggling his finger for emphasis as he strutted around the room.
'This project will be dedicated to exploring the core curricular requirements at the heart of  this class. One, to what extent does the physical impact on the mental? Two, to what degree does the mental impact on the physical? And three, can one still retain a healthy mind within an unhealthy body, and vice versa?
Craven paused before slapping his hands together theatrically, startling 90% of the class from a deep slumber.
'Using these core questions, and the assessment rubric available to you on the course site, you will need to develop a hypothesis and carry out research of this question in any format that you wish, essay, film, science experiment, whatever. Just be clear that your question must relate directly to the course material, and that you have until December to submit.'
He glanced at the clock, which read 2 o'clock on the dot, signalling the end of class. 'Any questions?
The class answered promptly with the rapid sounds of scraping chairs and zipping bags, which included Emily.
'God, what am I even going to do this on? She thought to herself as she strode down the hallway. The enticing swing of her trim hips and bum generated appreciative glances from the local male cohort as per usual. Emily didn't mind one bit. In fact, constantly being the object of male lust was an oddly empowering feeling. Just the fact that she had the ability to control so many men with nothing but her raw sexuality was something which often brought a self-satisfied smile to her face. They could all dream, because at the end of the day there could only be one guy for her, and at the moment that guy was named Travis.
She found her boyfriend of 16 months leaning against the fountain in the university courtyard, right where he said he'd meet her. Travis stood 6 ft 1, with the body of a man who seldom left the weightlifting room at the local gym. He had closely cut blonde hair which was usually covered by a baseball cap, and today it was the Red Sox.
Travis had no favourite team, he just liked collecting baseball caps. 
'Such a goofball.' Emily thought as she ran across  the grass towards him, her ponytail bobbing behind her. 'But he's my goofball.'
Travis turned just in time to catch her as she leaped into his chest, her arms and legs wrapping around his muscular body.
'There's my gal.' He said as he grabbed her smooth, firm buttocks to hold her up.
Emily smiled and pressed her face against his. 'I've missed you big boy. You got something to say to me?
'Hell's yeah I do.' Travis said and began passionately kissing her, a gesture she returned with equal intensity.
'I've got a surprise waiting around the corner.' Travis said in between smooches. 'Should we go check it out?
'Fine with me boss'. Emily purred as she ran her hands across his muscly body.
The couple continued to kiss off and on as Travis carried her to the parking lot. He set her down on the pavement and covered her eyes.
'Feast your eyes on the beginning of our lives'. Travis said as he unveiled Emily's eyes to the sight of his new Maserati,sleek and shiny as could be.
Emily gasped. 'Travis! This, this is amazing! She ran over to inspect the new ride, while Travis  inspected her cute little ass.
'Picked her up today, new as can be.' Travis said as he ran his hand over the chrome.  'Like it?
'You kidding? Emily exclaimed from behind the wheel. 'Trav, I love it! How could you afford-' .
She stopped herself, having momentarily forgotten that Travis was the son of multi-millionaires.
Travis awkwardly ran a hand through his hair. 'Well, my parents did help a little.' He said flatly.
This wasn't the first time Travis had expressed embarrassment about his privileged upbringing, and Emily still didn't even know what his parents did for a living.
After an awkward silence, Travis leaped into the passenger seat and put his arm around Emily. She rested her head on his shoulder, enjoying the hilltop view of the university parking lot. The warm California sun beamed down on them and Emily felt pretty damn close to being in paradise.
'Here's my plan.' Travis said. 'One day we just hop in this bad boy and we drive. We drive and drive until we get to somewhere far away from here. Could be Mexico, or New York, or Canada, or hell, even fucking South America. And we find somewhere quiet, away from the hustle and bustle, because none of this shit even matters, none of it. All that matters is the special person you share your life with and Em, after knowing you for the past year or so, I can safely say I've found that ideal person.'
'Aww Trav.' Emily said as she gave him a kiss. 'I'm touched. Really'.
'So how about it Em? Travis asked. 'Want to disappear in this Maserati and make a bunch of beautiful children with me?
Emily burst out laughing. 'Yes Travis, I do, but not now. We're both 20 years old for Christ's sake.'
Travis rolled his eyes. Obviously. Babe, I just want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that I'm in this for the long haul. As long as your around, there's no other girls for me.'
Emily looked up at him, her blue eyes misty. 'You mean it? 
'I do.' 
'Promise.' 
'Ok. What do you want me to say? 
'Promise that you'll love me no matter what.' 
'Emily Elizabeth Shaw, I promise I'll love you no matter what.'
Emily smiled. 'I can live with that.' 
And they embraced.

To be Continued...

Guest barnes2

Nice start - easy to read and ‘setting the table’ with some storylines that could go several ways.  Did you withhold from mentioning her height/weight intentionally?  Hope to see more of this story.

5 hours ago, barnes2 said:

Nice start - easy to read and ‘setting the table’ with some storylines that could go several ways.  Did you withhold from mentioning her height/weight intentionally?  Hope to see more of this story.

Her height and current weight will be established in chapter 2. Guess I just kind of forgot to mention it here as 'the expansion' hasn't begun yet. Glad you liked chapter 1!

Well, OK, since you seemed to invite it--and with only constructive intent at heart--here are some comments and questions from me.

• Your profile says you're based in Australia, and some your vernacular (e.g., "maths," "bum," "centre") suggests a distinctly Commonwealth-tinged perspective. And yet you've chosen a (fictional*) California setting and (presumably) California-native characters for the story. Why is that? I don't think it's necessarily a big deal, but given that you voiced such a strong commitment to the goal of crafting a particularly "real"-feeling story, the disconnect between those linguistic details and the characters and setting described by that language is a bit jarring.   * Perhaps intentional, yet bizarre, Fun Fact twist: while there is no Palm Cove in California, there is a Palm Cove in Queensland, Australia:blink:
  • What you've posted is only an introduction, of course, and some amount of exposition tends to be inevitable with these sort of stories, but if you can manage it, I'd enjoy seeing a bit more "show" and a bit less "tell" when it comes to establishing characters and settings.
  • Emily is a first-year/freshman student at the University, but she's 20 years old. I think 20 is probably at least a year (or maybe even two) older than the "typical" straight-out-of-high-school first-year university student in the United States. You describe Emily as being a good student during her high school years, so I presume she graduated without being held back. Did she spend time doing something else before starting at the University? Nothing in this introduction appears to suggest so. All in all, it's an unusual detail, presented front and center right from the start, and it makes me wonder what's up. 
  • Emily and Travis have been dating for 16 months. So, does that mean they got together a year or more before she (or either of them, maybe?) came to the University? Did they go to high school together, or did they meet during whatever else Emily may have been doing over the previous year-plus? It's another minor detail that strikes me as a bit peculiar.

33 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

Well, OK, since you seemed to invite it--and with only constructive intent at heart--here are some comments and questions from me.

• Your profile says you're based in Australia, and some your vernacular (e.g., "maths," "bum," "centre") suggests a distinctly Commonwealth-tinged perspective. And yet you've chosen a (fictional*) California setting and (presumably) California-native characters for the story. Why is that? I don't think it's necessarily a big deal, but given that you voiced such a strong commitment to the goal of crafting a particularly "real"-feeling story, the disconnect between those linguistic details and the characters and setting described by that language is a bit jarring.   * Perhaps intentional, yet bizarre, Fun Fact twist: while there is no Palm Cove in California, there is a Palm Cove in Queensland, Australia:blink:
  • What you've posted is only an introduction, of course, and some amount of exposition tends to be inevitable with these sort of stories, but if you can manage it, I'd enjoy seeing a bit more "show" and a bit less "tell" when it comes to establishing characters and settings.
  • Emily is a first-year/freshman student at the University, but she's 20 years old. I think 20 is probably at least a year (or maybe even two) older than the "typical" straight-out-of-high-school first-year university student in the United States. You describe Emily as being a good student during her high school years, so I presume she graduated without being held back. Did she spend time doing something else before starting at the University? Nothing in this introduction appears to suggest so. All in all, it's an unusual detail, presented front and center right from the start, and it makes me wonder what's up. 
  • Emily and Travis have been dating for 16 months. So, does that mean they got together a year or more before she (or either of them, maybe?) came to the University? Did they go to high school together, or did they meet during whatever else Emily may have been doing over the previous year-plus? It's another minor detail that strikes me as a bit peculiar.
  • Yes I live in Australia but I'm from Seattle originally (I still have my American accent and everything) so I never really even considered the possibility that Australian 'lingo' would seep into my work like that. That's why I had no second thoughts about setting the story in the US. 'Palm Cove California' was a town completely fabricated on the spot by me when I was writing and I never really thought too much about it. I just wanted to portray a perfect, upscale California beach community and I thought it would be more fun to invent one rather than research real ones.
    When I wrote that my intention was for the story to feel 'real' I was mainly referring to the weight gain process and and how the characters would react.   

• Yes, obviously beginnings will be more exposition heavy and there will be much less of it after everything is established. Was there a particular example of 'tell' rather than 'show' in the chapter which stood out to you?

• Yes, I was going to get to this in chapter 2 and granted, looking back I should have mentioned this in chapter 1. Since you asked, Emily and Travis had known each other all throughout high school and only got together towards the end of grade 12. As she was uncertain about what she wanted to study, she spent the previous year working and hanging out with Travis. This all should have been explained in chapter 1, so good call

I appreciate the constructive feedback, and thanks for reading

• 3 weeks later...

The Expansion of Emily: Part 2

What are you smiling about Em? Cara asked as she passed the tray of a double Big Mac order up to Emily. I swear you've just been grinning ear to ear all day.''
'Óh nothing much.' Emily smiled. ''Nothing apart from the man I love  telling me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.''
Cara gasped and cupped her hands over her mouth. 'Girrrl, that's awesome! Let me tell you, you've got yourself a keeper there with Travis.'
Emily laughed. 'Thanks. Trav's just a dream come true, I really couldn't ask for anything more.''  
'Hey, you ditzes done yet or am I gonna have to come around there and get my food myself? The irate woman at the counter demanded.
Emily gasped as she whirled around, her thick ponytail flicking from side to side. 'Oh, Í'm so sorry! I guess I just got a little carried away there for a minute!
The customer shook her head as Emily handed her the tray. 'Whatever, just don't let it happen again. I'm starving here.'
This amused Emily, considering the woman looked to be teetering around the 300 pound threshold.
'Damn, how do you get that big? Emily thought as the woman waddled towards a table, her sweatpant-encased ass rippling violently behind her. 'How would it even feel lugging all that extra weight around? She pondered this not in disgust but more of mild curiosity. The world of fatness was an entirely alien realm to her, and over the two years Emily had worked at McDonalds's she had had plenty of opportunity to observe and study fat people in their natural habitat. She didn't know where this fascination of fat people came from, except that she just got a massive kick out of watching them. The woman was the last order of her shift, and Emily made her way into the kitchen to meet Cara.
'So what did he say? Cara asked.
Emily broke out into a wide dimpled grin. 'Oh, just that he wanted to whisk me away in his Maserati and make a bunch of b**s together, and that I'm the only girl in the world for him.'
'Aww, Emily that's soo cute!!
Their excited voices carried across the other end of the kitchen where two 20-year old co-workers, Steve Johnson and Derek Davison, watched the two girls.
'Ugh, I would tap that so hard.' Derek said, admiring the toned curves of Emily's lower body through her tight workpants. 'But looks like we all missed the boat on that one, from the sounds of it.'
Steve watched her gloomily as she left the kitchen to get changed. He had known and admired Emily all throughout high school, always friendly but never confident enough to ask her out. While Steve was generally attracted to girls on the slightly chunkier end of the spectrum, Emily was the rare exception. Facially, she was Steve's idea of perfection. She had a  beautiful heart shaped face framed by long dark brown hair, high cheekbones and a slight overbite which appeared whenever she gave that dimple-ridden smile. She kept fit and clearly looked after herself, as evidenced by her slim physique, although she possessed a naturally wide set of hips that Steve's grandmother would've referred to as 'Ripe for childrearing'. Wedged between these hips was a firm ass supported by sturdy and subtly muscular thighs, strengthened by many hours of lower cardio training. As far as Steve was concerned, the girl had a body type custom made to carry a few extra pounds, and this fantasy was a frequent invader of his daydreams. He would take Emily at any size, but he couldn't help but constantly imagine how hot a softer and thicker Emily Shaw would be.
'I mean that ass is just perfection.' Derek groaned. ''Just perfection.'
'I know.' Steve said. 'But just imagine what it would look like if she put on an extra 20 to 30 pounds.'
Derek burst out laughing. 'Óh yeah, I forgot, you like them thicker don't you?
Steve nodded, a big grin on his face. 'Hell yeah buddy. I mean, I'm not into super fat chicks or anything, but I can certainly appreciate a woman's curves. I personally think our Emily would look stunning with a few extra pounds, and her lower body looks like it'll just explode if she gains.'
Derek shook his head. 'Í don't know about that man, I think she looks pretty hot as is. I prefer girls to actually have a gap between their thighs like normal, healthy people, for one thing, just like our Emily does now.'
Steve raised his eyebrows. 'So you're telling me you don't like seeing a girl's ass and thighs jiggle when they walk?
'Well, certainly not when the ass and thighs in question are swaddled with thick, gelatinous blubber because she spent one too many days at the all-you-can-buffet.' Derek said.
Steve shook his head. 'Wow dude, just wow. Seriously, what's there to like in a skinny, boney ass? I remember you were dating one of those volleyball girls back in school and she was skinny as a twig.'
Derek rolled his eyes. 'Steve, she wasn't 'skinny as a twig'', she was healthy. And you can actually do fun things with thin girls, unlike the fatties you like. I've seen how slow and out of shape those girls get. It's just pathetic, you can't do anything fun.'' '
Álright, but can I ask, was it fun cuddling a skeleton? Steve said. 'Because I can speak from personal experience that it's extremely comfortable to cuddle and fuck chubbier chicks.'
'Really? For what, the 10 seconds you'd be able to get out of it before she gets winded because she's too fat? Derek shot back.
The two friends' bickering continued until Emily strode confidently out of the changeroom in a figure hugging miniskirt and tank top. Steve presumed she had some kind of date with Travis, judging from the carefully applied eyeliner and makeup. He and Derek had been hanging out in the corner right next to the exit door and as Emily strode towards him he whipped open the door and held it for her.
''After you m'aam.' Steve said in a mock formal voice. Emily clasped her hand to her chest and gasped like a princess, peering up at him with her great big doe eyes. 'Well, chivalry still exists apparently! Thank you Steve.'
'Anytime madam'. Steve said, tipping an invisible hat. Behind her, Derek feigned vomitting. Since Emily stood around 5 foot 3 inches compared to Steve's 5 foot 11, he managed to sneak a look at her generous cleavage. She had great tits as well, full, round and perky beneath her black tank top. Steve could even see the pink lace edges of her bra, and he began to fantasize about squeezing and kissing those glorious mammaries.
'See you Monday Steve'. Emily said as she exited the building. 'Yeah, see you.' Steve replied, watching the alluring swing of her hips under her tight miniskirt. As she walked away, Emily couldn't help but blush.

The following week, Emily still hadn't made a decision on what do for her yearly project for 'Introduction to Human Anatomy and Psychology.' The project had been gnawing at her psyche relentlessly for the past week, as her habit of starting assignments almost as soon as she received them appeared to have been broken. 'What's up babe? Travis asked her as they strolled through the open cafe area of the university. 'You've been a little distant for the past week.'
'Oh nothing.' Emily said. 'Just some stupid project for one of my classes. It's like a year long thing.'
Travis raised his eyebrows. 'Goddamn, what class are you in?
'Something called 'Introduction to Human Anatomy and Psychology'. I think it's part of the Health or Humanities unit. It sounds like it could be interesting.'
'Hey, there's Allison.' Travis said, his focus abruptly shifting. He pointed across the outdoor seating area and sure enough, there was Emily's best friend Allison Matthews, sitting by herself with her nose in a textbook, her long blonde hair tumbling down to the pages .
'Let's go say hi.' Travis said. 'Girl looks like she could use some company.'
'Yeah, no kidding.' Emily smirked. Allison peered up from her book and smiled up at them, her blue eyes comically magnified from her reading glasses .
'Well, well, well, look who decided to show up, none other than Palm Cove's hottest couple.'
'Oh shut up, you're making me blush.' Emily laughed as she embraced her friend, each girl giving the other a quick peck on each cheek.
'Heyyy, where's the love for me? Travis said in mock indignation, spreading his arms.
'Oh, I was just about to start with you handsome.' Allison laughed as she allowed herself to be swallowed by Travis's muscle-clad frame.
'Whoa bitch, you step away from my man.' Emily said sarcastically as Allison gave him a quick peck and stepped back, tearing off her reading glasses. 'God, I hate those dorky things. So what are you guys up to? You in a free period too?
At this question, Travis's eyes bulged. 'Oh shit, I've gotta run. I think I'm late.'
'Travis, what the hell? Emily gasped in amusement and disbelief. 'Don't tell me you forgot your timetable again.'
'Uh well, I think I, uh, kinda did.' Travis said as he gave Emily and Allison quick goodbye kisses and took off towards the main building. 'I'll see you guys later! he yelled. Allison and Emily watched him go in disbelief.
'Only Travis.' Emily said, shaking her head. 'Only Travis.'
'Yeah, he should really get himself organised.' Allison said as the two girls sat down at the table together. 'He's not gonna last too much longer here if he doesn't.' 'Yeah well, he's not the only one.' Emily said as she ran a hand a hand through her thick dark hair. 'I've got some stupid year-long project I have to start and I have absolutely no idea where to begin.'
'What project might this be? Allison asked as she opened up a small container of fat-free yoghurt, a morsel entirely unnecessary to her nearly fat-free body.
'What subject is it for?
'Introduction to Human Anatomy and Psychology.' Emily said. 'What I can grasp so far is that it's focussed on the health correlations between the mental and physical aspects of the human experience, and how they relate to one another.
'Mmm'. Allison mumbled as she finished off a spoonful of her meal. 'So for example, if someone was unhealthy physically then would they still be healthy mentally? Is that kinda the gist of it?
'Yeah, that sounds about right.' Emily said. 'And vice-versa I guess.'
'Gotcha.' Allison said. 'So you have to do a year-long research project focussing on a question relating to something along those lines then, right?
'Yep. Emily said. 'Got any ideas? You'd be a lifesaver if you do.'
'Let me think about it.' Allison muttered, her sharp blue eyes lost in thought. 'Tell you what, how about you come over to the country club tonight and we'll hang out and figure this thing out together. I guarantee you I'll have an A+ idea figured out before the day's out.'
'Now that is an offer I can't refuse.' Emily laughed as she and her friend got up from the table. 'Oh you're such a lifesaver Allison, I don't know what I'd do without you! 'Don't mention it Em, you know I'll always have your back.' Allison said as Emily embraced her, causing her round and perky tits to squish against Allison's comparatively flatter ones. The two girls finally broke up after about ten seconds, the sweet scent of Emily's Victoria's Secret perfume lingering over Allison's body. ' 'I should get going and leave you alone now so you can concentrate, but I'll see you tonight! Emily said as she began to stride off. 'Love you babe! 
'Great! Love you too babe! Allison said. 'I'll see you at 6.'
She continued to watch her friend as she strode across the field towards the main building, her butt clad in ultra short and ultra tight jean shorts. Her smooth, tanned legs and seductive sway of her hips generated appreciative glances from seemingly every straight male in the vicinity. Allison watched her until she disappeared from her view, a thoughtful expression frozen across her face.

Note: For some reason the site keeps censoring the word 'b**s' in the story and I have no fucking idea why                                                                                               

The Expansion of Emily: Part 3

'Ok Allison, I'm all ears.' Emily said as she whacked a golf ball with her club across the field.  Her long hair was pulled back in a loose and messy ponytail and she had to continually blow lanks of hair out of her eye.  The setting California sun beamed down on her as she watched the ball bounce just over the hole and land a few feet away.
'Damn, almost got it.' She muttered as she grabbed another golf ball from the bucket to try again.
Allison was sitting next to her in a foldout chair sipping a soda (far away enough so as to avoid getting her face smashed in by a golf club). The country club was owned by her parents, and the girls often took advantage of the closing hours to hang out on the vicinity undisturbed by the public.
'Girl sure is dressed for the occasion.' Allison thought as she watched her friend golf, a mildly amused expression on her face. In place of golf attire, Emily was wearing a tight pink belly shirt which cut off just beneath her breasts, revealing her flat and tanned midsection to the world. She didn't have a hint of a belly on her, instead sporting lightly toned abs in place of any extra body fat. Emily turned her back to Allison, gearing up for another shot. She was wearing a figure hugging pair of Adidas gym shorts and Allison couldn't help but admire the rounded curves of her feminine hips through the fabric, not a hint of a muffin top in sight. Her lightly toned thighs melded seamlessly into these hips, gradually widening but not becoming so wide that it would eliminate her thigh gap. Emily gave an athletic swing and smacked the ball with too much force, sending it sailing well over the hole. She huffed in annoyance and threw the club down to the grass.
'Careful.' Allison said from her chair. 'Those are club property.' 
Emily rolled her eyes and turned to face Allison. 'Yeah, sorry. So are you gonna tell me about this A+ project idea or not?

'Yeah, come sit down.' Allison said, gesturing to the chair next to her. 'I've just been thinking it through, but I think I've finally got the concept nailed down.
'Ok, great! Emily said as she flounced over, her face flashing that wide and dimpled smile. She set the chair across from Allison and sat down. 'Ok Ali, I'm all ears. Let's hear it.'
'Right.' Allison said as she leaned in closer, preparing her pitch. 'Well first of all, since the timeframe of the project is so long, I was thinking that the ideal format would be a documentary of some kind. Considering the topic I came up with, there just isn't a better option.'
Emily nodded, her large eyes attentive and focussed. 'Ok, yeah a documentary would be pretty good.'
'Oh yes it will.' Allison said. 'And I'll help you with it of course, you don't need to worry about that one bit. After looking at the course material, I felt we'd get the most mileage out of obesity as our research area.'
Emily nodded. 'Yeah, I agree, I've always been kind of interested in that to be honest. What's the documentary gonna be about?
Allison briefly looked down and paused, her legs fidgeting. She then stared directly up into the wide eyed expression of her friend and gave her answer.
'You'.
This was met with about five seconds of deafening silence as Emily squinted at her, attempting to read her friend's blank expression to see if she was joking or not. She then threw back her head and laughed, half sarcastically.
'Allison, you're seriously not thinking what I think your thinking, right?
Allison cocked her head, a quizzical expression on her face. 'What am I thinking Emily?
'You want me to get fat for the documentary, that's what you're thinking!
Allison shrugged. 'Well yeah, that kind of is the idea.'
'That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard! Emily said, shaking her head. 'I can't believe you would seriously suggest something like that.'
Despite her apparent indignation, Allison noticed her smile hadn't left her lips since the laughter.
'Look.' Allison said. 'Just let me explain the whole thing to you first and then you can make up your mind. This project will absolutely ace, I'm sure of it.'
Emily leaned back in her chair and cracked open a can of Coke.
'This oughta be good'. She smirked.
'Ok.' Allison said as she leaned forward in her seat and clasped her hands together. 'Here's the pitch. The documentary will basically chronicle your year-long weight gain with heavy emphasis on the changes you feel both physically and mentally. This angle will therefore coincide flawlessly with the course criteria, and at the end of each week you will make a personal video log to discuss these changes to the audience in depth. While these video logs will of course be included as segments in the film, we can also post them on Youtube to gauge the online reaction to your weight gain, which can be an additional research area to include. You'll weigh in every week or so, just so we can have a good idea of your gain rate and not to mention it'll be an exciting addition to the documentary. This way, the audience will be able to watch you react in real time to your increasing weight. Most of the documentary will be of you just engaging in your day to day life as you gain weight, but we'll be sure to plan comparison shoots of the thinner you and the heavier you performing the exact same tasks, so the audience can witness up close and personal the sheer impact the extra fat ends up having on your wellbeing. Additionally, in order for this documentary to really hit home and become something special, we'll also be sure to acquire footage of friends, family and strangers reacting to your expanding size. I'll shoot and edit all this of course, so basically the only work you'll have to do is put on weight and let me document your journey. Interested?
Emily stared at her, a thoughtful expression on her face. The idea still sounded so crazy, so far fetched but yet.. it intrigued her. Allison had laid it out flawlessly, and her logic was sound. In the context of the course material, the project really didn't sound too crazy at all. It was more of a matter if Emily personally wanted to sacrifice her svelte body for the sake of an assignment for school.
'So obviously, if we go ahead with this, I'm gonna have to completely change my diet.' Emily pondered aloud. 'I'm gonna have to start eating a lot, right?
'Yeah, you will.' Allison said. 'Like nearly constantly, to be honest. I'm not gonna lie, it'll be really difficult at first since you're obviously quite used to a certain calorie intake and smaller portion sizes. But we'll devise a meal plan for you to get as many calories in a day as we can. Plenty of gorging of rich fatty, sugary and carb heavy foods in order to get your weight up as fast as possible.'
'So I'll have to start eating shitloads of junk food basically.' Emily said. 'Gross.'
Allison shook her head. 'No, not just junk food. Don't worry, you can still eat healthy foods, since you don't want to get malnourished of healthy vitamins. Our keyword here is 'more'. Just more food, more frequently, although I'll still highly recommend splurging on fatty, sugary treats as much as possible.' She paused, her thoughts racing excitedly. 'Oh, and you're gonna have to stop your gymrat routine. We don't want you burning any of these calories off.'
'Wait, I have to ask.' Emily said. 'So you're definitely gonna help me out with funding my food and clothing needs through this whole process, right?
'Of course.' Allison said. 'My parents are loaded in case you've forgotten.' She winked. 'It'll be a piece of cake, don't worry.'
Emily rolled her eyes, laughing. 'Alright fuck it, you've won me over. I'll let you fatten me for this stupid assignment.' She then narrowed her eyes. 'And bitch, if i don't get an A+ I'll waddle over to your house and crush you with my fat sweaty lard.'
Allison burst out laughing. 'Now that's the spirit Em!
Suddenly, Emily's face darkened. 'Wait.' She said. 'I think there's one problem you forgot to mention.'
'What girl? Allison asked, already knowing the answer.
'Well in case you've forgotten.' Emily said, leaning back and crossing her arms in front of her flat tummy. 'I happen to have a boyfriend, and for some reason I don't think he'd be too pleased to see his pretty little girlfriend start blowing up like a balloon out of nowhere.'
'Well hold on.' Allison said. 'You may be right about that, but there's something a little more important I want you to think about. In fact, come to think of it, this whole project might actually be perfect for you and Travis.'
Emily frowned. 'How so?
'Well, didn't he say that he loved you, that you were the only girl for him and that he would love you no matter what? Allison asked.
'Yeah, he said all that.' Emily said. 'And I know he means it.'
'Right'. Allison said. 'And what better way to test out a man's commitment then to get fat? If he truly, honestly meant those things, then he'll stick by you no matter how much you weigh. And if not, then it'll only prove that his love was shallow and conditional the entire time.'
Emily opened her mouth to retort but couldn't think of a comeback. Whether she liked it or not, Allison had a point.
'I mean, didn't he say he wanted to make a bunch of b**s with you? Allison continued. 'Let me tell ya Em, after popping out a few kids with Travis you're not gonna be looking the way you do now.'
'Travis knows that! Emily said, frowning. 'I'm pretty sure every guy on Earth knows that pregnancy changes a woman's body.'
'But are you 100% sure about that? Allison asked. 'Especially a guy like Travis? I mean, it's inevitable you're gonna be softer and frumpier after a few kids, and you wouldn't want ol' Travis ditching you and the kids for fresh meat because you failed to live up to his idea of physical perfection post-pregnancy, right?
'Well, no of course not! Emily said. 'But Travis wouldn't do that. You should see the way he looks at me Allison, he makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world.'
Allison shrugged. 'Fine, then if he loves you as much as you think he does, then he should have no problems with having a bit more of you to love.'
Emily frowned for a moment then nodded, a look of understanding gradually appearing over her face. 'You know what, you're absolutely right. Ok Ali, I'm in, when do we start?
A triumphant grin spread across Allison's face as she reached into her pocket for her phone. 'We can start now if you want.' She said. 'How about you go play some more golf and I'll record you. It'll be for the 'Before' segment of a golf comparison scene I have planned for the documentary.'
'Ok, let's do it! Emily said as she and Allison stood up and got into position.
'You know.' Emily said as she teed up for the hit. 'I've actually always wondered how I'd look with curves.  Sometimes I can get pretty sick of the gym, and it might actually be kind of fun completely letting myself go.'
'I'm ecstatic to hear that.' Allison said as she recorded her friend, her hands trembling slightly from contained excitement.
'I mean, seriously, what's even wrong with carrying a bit of extra chub? Emily said as she leaned forward and smacked the ball with her club. 'I've heard it actually makes sex more enjoyable. I mean, as the old saying goes I guess, more cushion for the pushin'.
'Damn right, that's the kind of attitude I want to see.' Allison said from behind her phone as she panned across the field to follow the ball's trail. It bounced one, twice, then landed cleanly in the hole.
'Oh my god, finally!! Emily squealed as she dropped her club and began jumping up and down in the air. 'Woohoo, about fucking time!
'You see the great things you can accomplish when you set your mind to it? Allison said as she embraced her friend. 'Our weight gain project should be a cakewalk for you.'
'It will be with you supporting me.' Emily said. 'I love you Ali, I couldn't ask for a better friend.'
'Love you too Em.' Allison said as she detached herself from the embrace, a huge grin on her face. 'We'll want to start at the beginning of a week so our timescale is consistent, so this coming Sunday, the great fattening shall commence.'