Reading!!!

Guest girlscandance

Guest girlscandance

Reading has always been one of my biggest past times. I have a rich inner fantasy life that's absolutely fueled by being a lifetime bookworm. I also love making lists, so here are some of my favorite books & genres.

Favorite genres:

Southern Gothic, sci-fi, cyberpunk, short stories, queer fiction, sad fiction with lots of atmospheric details

Favorite books:

Bastard Out of Carolina, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, The Pillow Book, Neuromancer, The Handmaid's Tale, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, A Pale View of Hills

Currently Reading:

Cyberpunk: Stories of Hardware, Software, Wetware, Revolution and Evolution (short story anthology),  Points of Departure: New Stories from Mexico, The Bloody Chamber

Favorite genres: space opera, anything with con artists, nonfiction (history, ecology, archaeology), humor

Favorite Books: A Canticle for LiebowitzDevil in the White CityHow to Survive A Horror Movie

Currently reading: way too many books on the architectural history of New England. 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Steffiered

Anyone read "Healthy at every size" by Linda Bacon ???  I'm reading it currently, it's not a diet book at all, let me start there; it's actually about how much B.S there is about fat and how much of the Health stuff we are told about fat and obesity being killers have no basis in science. It's been very interesting so far. :)  

• 11 months later...

Favorite Fiction Genres: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Historical Fiction

Favorite Nonfiction: Paganism (I’m a druid [emoji269]), Religion in general (I’m also. UU), politics, history, philosophy, folklore, gardening

Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings (I’m considering it one volume for this. Probably like Fellowship the most)

Other favorites: The Dresden Files, The Iron Druid Chronicles, American Gods, The Book of Lost Things, The Gates, The Other Side of Virtue

Currently Reading: The Last Wish (first of The Witcher books)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • Curvage Model

Besides cookbooks...

57340923584__13F41A4E-C0A7-459C-B7AD-1EFC2854C4C7.thumb.JPG.0d7a58b545c6432421106ee2bbabded2.JPG               57402140644__B28CFBA8-4AC0-47D6-AE41-3B7158A690B1.thumb.JPG.b6eeb62a0ee97ad1e15730f827a06883.JPG

Favorite Series:

Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones - Charlotte “Charley” Davidson, a part-time private investigator helping the police with her ability to contact the dead in her full-time role as the Grim Reaper, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in a paranormal romantic suspense series that New York Times bestselling author J.R. Ward calls "hilarious and heartfelt, sexy and surprising.

Favorite Fiction Genres:

Chick-lit, Crime, Mystery, Psychology, Suspense, Thriller, romantic-suspense, mystery-thriller, and detective

Currently Reading:

Golden in Death (In Death, #50) by J.D. Robb

Favorite Nonfiction:

Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Wayne W. Dyer

• 1 month later...

Currently, I am reading Operation Jedburgh by Colin Beavan.  It is about the WW2 OSS, and my uncle is featured in the book.  He was a Jedburgh who trained French resistance fighters in France.

A notable favorite: The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes.  The book provides detail on the personal lives of the scientists involved the atomic research.  I like knowing that one of the scientists was a surfer.  I could easily read this one again.  It was very entertaining hearing about scientists making discoveries so quickly and putting it into application so quickly...albeit for a frightening invention.

I am not a history buff.  Purely coincidence that I mentioned two WW2 books.