Let's talking about our favorite F.A.s & Plus Size heroes (comics, mangas, animes, litterature, mytho, whatever...)

Running a glamorous career as internationally famous supermodel in worktime while beating supervillains during her free days, the crime-fighting vigileant and adventurer Big Bertha is a member from the Milwaukee-based superhero would-be GLA team or Great Lakes Avengers (or GLX. Or Great Lake Champions, whatever) , a unofficial subdivision from the more popular title franchise team of superheroes by Marvel Comics. The inspiration behind the character's names came respectivelly from the dreadful WWI-era German heavy field cannon Big Bertha, then from the model and television personality Cindy Crawford.

Born a mutant at Marshfield (Wisconsin) , this living example of the proverbial "big fish inside a little pond" due to her social background - and yoyo-ing body type - possess the genetic ability to alter her body size and mass, more especially her overall fat tissue, via amysterious  bond between her some sort of interdimensionnal energy : thus capable to shapeshift herself from the very tall 6 feet 1, trim and svelte (should I say, relativelly starved??) 120-pounds tycoon straddling up with fame through the modelling industry world, to a nigh-Brobdingnangianly HUGE behemoth wobbling back-and-forth at 750 most plausibly 2000 pounds!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « big bertha marvel »

(Big Bertha's public identity as the internationally famous Ashley Crawford. Unlikely most of classical superheroes - besides Iron Man in somehow, or the DC-universe legendary Superman and Wonder Woman - her slim, depowered form is factually her transformed form, while her super form as an inhumanly super-sized woman is meanwhile her true appearance, concealed literally beneath her more "socially fit" physique like a cover-up in order to hide the fact she is a mutant and moreover a giant, "grossly obese" blob in a society prone for its harsh prejudices against both fat & X-gene carrying peoples.)

(Now below, Big Bertha unleashing her "super" form. No room is empty with her inside...)

Image associée

Image associée

No Caption Provided

The trigger that the nicknamed "Ample Amazon" use to switch on-and-off from one form to an another is - ironically from a Fat Admirer viewpoint - stuff herself with a large quantity of food in order to turn obese, before to degurgite all by instilling herself to vomit. Her powers allow her to manipulate her adipode tissue, thus controlling her own figure though the origin of her additionnal hundred thousands of "super-bulk" pounds is still unkwown, possibly from extra-dimensional source.

(She's shorta bulimic, technically) .

What is known about, however, is that once transformed, Big Bertha is practically the ungreen-skinned and far lesser stronger counterpart to She-Hulk and The Blob together, granted by superhuman both durability, strength and leaping all combined.

(When you are so fat you're getting bulletproof)

The reason behind why she prefer adopt a slender silhouette is certainly because of her both mutant-issue and image-troubled fears about oneself then the rest of the society, frightened at the idea to be rejected and alienated by most everyone because of her outside appearance. Or to be fetishized by what she disdainfully call "chubby chasers" - e.g. EVERY. DAMN. SINGLE. OF US, GUYS!! :

(The [in]famous Deadpool dating Ashley Crawford... not because #RealCanucksLovesCurves - doesn't it, Wolvie?? - but because of Deadpool's frightful pansexuality: Wade's D-word tingles in presence of alien humanoid hippos, aeons-old ungodly walking skulls on rags embodying the very multiversal aspect of Death itself, his own buxomly genderswapped doppelganger from alternate reality, even and more especially for wall-crawling teenage boys in red-and-blue tightsuits swooping their arses from building to building...) 

(When you know that their affair started after this, just below:)

This is important to say that for the common of in-universe mortals, Mutant is [reportedly] the New Black then Fat The New Devil:

Less subject to the general bodyshaming-prone doucheness of Marvel Comics about overweight people since the Silver Age of comic books (especially via The Blob then two episodic eating binges crisis with signifiant body weight issues for the female mutant Blink twice...) , Big Bertha incarnate the very beauty of humankind, being as warmhearted and mellow from the inside as alluring from the outside, whatever how many yards her fluctuate girth size burst in-and-out. Alongside the fan-acclaimed Squirrel Girl, she is probbaly one of the two most loved GLA female protagonists by the geek fandom and the most pure-hearted too.

Since 2016, the character undergoes a noteworthy updating, now a converted Plus-Size model who has less social-troubled about her size and legalled now as Bertha Crawford. During a short arc story, she was lured by Doctor Nod, a mad scientist seeking to use her mutant powers to its own ends by convincing her to pose for a weight loss ad while in reality aspire to collect her genetic material in order to promote his own Perfect Body Worship trademark for people with weight issues.
The reader is free to speculate about if the nemesis-of-the-week's name himself wasn't himself a litteral nod to everything to whom Big Bertha represents, including the tribute to those many former mainstream supermodels reconverted themselves courageously into the Plus Size modelling as beacons of the more-and-more trademark mainstream Plus Size social aesthetics, or about the WG-genre literacy-innuado behind this story about bioegineering-made weight pills capable to turn its user into giant fat blobs as by magic...

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « doctor nod marvel »

Image associée

Image associée

(Somebody in Marvel Comics is DEFINITIVELY a Deviantart or DimensionsMagazine-whatever fanboy)  

And you, who is your favorite??
Image associée

She should have a much better hairdo in her big state. The bulimic-based transformation should go and be replaced by something technologically based.

I think Olivia Wilde would be a great fit for a live action Big Bertha film.

I, on the other hand, like Power Girl. She's strong, smart, agile beautiful, down to Earth and has huge boobs. Obviously that last quality makes her uber popular in many ways (cosplay, fanfiction, fanart, etc.) but she's still a no show in terms of film and TV appearances (seriously, WTF is a Galatea?!).

I imagine her with curves beyond her bosom and stories beyond print. Sure, she should keep a respectable level of muscle but big boobs need a nice natural soft support system of a cushy midriff and a rotund posterior. And Karen/Power Girl/Peej seems like the type to overindulge and not give a shit. I mean, really, would a few (dozen) extra pounds slow down the strongest and fastest woman alive?

DC has to do something drastically different so why not a rated R Power Girl film? I say Iliza Schlesinger would be a perfect fit after she packs on about 20-30 pounds. They'll need a great director- I really think this would be right up Quentin Tarantino's alley.

According one of many files about Power Girl's personae, she weigh a whereabout 180-200 pounds for a 5' 7" height (5' 11" and 180lbs in the present-day Rebirth storyline) so she should be quite plump-muscular for somebody of her built. However, I'd never understood how she does to be that ample when we know how insanely fast is the metabolism of an wellow sun-powered Kryptonian (I mean, technically she couldn't gain any weight nor losing neither, because radiations from our Sun made her fellows virtually self-sustainable) , so I may only suppose that she have a body weight "set point" which differ from her less taller, slimmer counterpart Supergirl or that puberty hitted her differently.

Aside... ooooh, Olivia Wilde?? Absolutely. 😎😍 However, I cannot help but wonder to myself if any eventual real-life adaptation of Big Bertha will appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (due to her more-or-less direct affiliation with the SHIELD and the Avengers) or the X-Men Cinematic Universe (due to her mutant background and her affair with Deadpool) .

On November 28, 2017 at 11:17 PM, OscarWinner said:

She should have a much better hairdo in her big state. The bulimic-based transformation should go and be replaced by something technologically based.

I think Olivia Wilde would be a great fit for a live action Big Bertha film.

I, on the other hand, like Power Girl. She's strong, smart, agile beautiful, down to Earth and has huge boobs. Obviously that last quality makes her uber popular in many ways (cosplay, fanfiction, fanart, etc.) but she's still a no show in terms of film and TV appearances (seriously, WTF is a Galatea?!).

I imagine her with curves beyond her bosom and stories beyond print. Sure, she should keep a respectable level of muscle but big boobs need a nice natural soft support system of a cushy midriff and a rotund posterior. And Karen/Power Girl/Peej seems like the type to overindulge and not give a shit. I mean, really, would a few (dozen) extra pounds slow down the strongest and fastest woman alive?

DC has to do something drastically different so why not a rated R Power Girl film? I say Iliza Schlesinger would be a perfect fit after she packs on about 20-30 pounds. They'll need a great director- I really think this would be right up Quentin Tarantino's alley.

PG's weight being 180 makes sense when you consider that she's got frighteningly ripped arms and legs aside from the big rack/hips being about six feet tall. A lot of issues in her solo series had her over eating: in a Wonder Woman cross over its revealed she eats multiple foot long hot dogs for lunch every day, in a Harley Quinn crossover the two eat a meal from every restaraunt in a mall food court. In an event comic, action comics convergence, she was depowered for a year and depressed she had to exercise and eat right and was still gaining weight (15 pounds I think). Unfortunately the art had her still being skinny and ripped, although there was a nice panel of her freaking out at seeing the scale. It was a real missed opportunity for both a bigger gain (I'd say thirty or forty) , a chubby PG huffing and falling behind an aerobics class and her struggling into her costume when her powers came back. There was also a Justice league international where PG, then the writers idea of a feminist, was complaining constantly of having to drink diet soda to stay thin so she'd look good for men, entered into a weight loss contest despite having no excess fat bar her boobs. Given shed complained that her muscles had scared off guys, her gaining weight instead would be better.. We'll have to wait for anything else, currently she's not in any comics but I've got hopes for JLA rebirth. 

beyond comics and into books, the Malazan book of the fallen had a pretty nice selection of plump and obese female mages. My favorite was Rucket, a rail thin and super hot thief/Mage who uses sexuality to throw people off. When her city is occupied, she disguises herself with a spell that makes her look and feel like she weighs six hundred pounds that are lovingly described. Rucket really enjoys the attention being fat gets her and debates blowing up for real in her last scene.

On 02/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, Batman76 said:

PG's weight being 180 makes sense when you consider that she's got frighteningly ripped arms and legs aside from the big rack/hips being about six feet tall. A lot of issues in her solo series had her over eating: in a Wonder Woman cross over its revealed she eats multiple foot long hot dogs for lunch every day, in a Harley Quinn crossover the two eat a meal from every restaraunt in a mall food court. In an event comic, action comics convergence, she was depowered for a year and depressed she had to exercise and eat right and was still gaining weight (15 pounds I think). Unfortunately the art had her still being skinny and ripped, although there was a nice panel of her freaking out at seeing the scale. It was a real missed opportunity for both a bigger gain (I'd say thirty or forty) , a chubby PG huffing and falling behind an aerobics class and her struggling into her costume when her powers came back. There was also a Justice league international where PG, then the writers idea of a feminist, was complaining constantly of having to drink diet soda to stay thin so she'd look good for men, entered into a weight loss contest despite having no excess fat bar her boobs. Given shed complained that her muscles had scared off guys, her gaining weight instead would be better.. We'll have to wait for anything else, currently she's not in any comics but I've got hopes for JLA rebirth. 

beyond comics and into books, the Malazan book of the fallen had a pretty nice selection of plump and obese female mages. My favorite was Rucket, a rail thin and super hot thief/Mage who uses sexuality to throw people off. When her city is occupied, she disguises herself with a spell that makes her look and feel like she weighs six hundred pounds that are lovingly described. Rucket really enjoys the attention being fat gets her and debates blowing up for real in her last scene.

I really would to ask to some DC writers and panelists how an alien, born into an alien culture then capable to flight through subsonic to faster-than-light speeds, uplift a planet effortlessly during days or withstand cosmic radiations is:

1. Subject to body weight fluctuaction, overreating binge or not;

2. Prone to the same waistline insecurities than a good portion of our North American fellows;

3. Bodyshame PG, really???!

I mean, supernatural metabolism whereas being a godlike extraterrestrial being then the fact to belong from an alien culture doesn't matters??

• 2 years later...
  • Curvage Model
10 hours ago, John Smith said:

I've heard that Hollywood projects to made a film adaptation of that comic book. 

Whaaaaat!! That's so exciting! I've maybe only read the first three, but a film would be rad! I was just thinking about fat characters in movies/TV...is there a forum for that already?

Guest UrushUnRama

Tattersail from Gardens of the Moon, the first in the Malazan Book of the Following series. She's not the protagonist of the story, but appears frequently enough to mention. She's a capable mage within the Malazan Empire and is pretty explicitly described as being a rather heavyset woman. There isn't a lot of artwork portraying her, but these two illustrations seem to capture her "spirit" well enough.

d71e25df036429ff3e721d3572c95db6.thumb.jpg.aebd54174e61613ef89056eda206e995.jpgDI9ryCrWsAMyo-e.thumb.jpg.4d4cd7d7d2e2ee797f0e406c482e30d8.jpg

IF we're talking about Malazan, I am duty bound to bring up Rucket.

She's a lithe, skinny spy/mage who winds up using a magical disguise that makes her gigantically obese. We're talking wider than she is tall while being above six feet. Her stomach is described as an avalanche of rolls, her breasts grain sacks and her chins uncountable. And she gets enormously off on being so noticeably huge, musing that she wants to do it for real when the war is over.

https://books.google.com/books?id=mzvyxRsxiloC&lpg=PA423&ots=aETas3WoyT&dq=malazan rucket grain sack&pg=PA423#v=onepage&q&f=true

I dunno comics that well, but I’m an anime expert. My favorite ecchi series right now is a manga with a long Japanese title that American publishers shortened to “Fat Elf.” It’s about several women from a fantasy world that don’t know how to diet and eat too much Earth food. Each one gains a different way, but my favorite is the dark elf 😏

image.thumb.jpeg.087909ef06028be1659b2cb09568dac7.jpeg
The best part is that while they’re all trying to lose weight, I swear they’re slightly curvier every few chapters.

Guest UrushUnRama
On 4/9/2020 at 10:24 AM, Batman76 said:

IF we're talking about Malazan, I am duty bound to bring up Rucket.

She's a lithe, skinny spy/mage who winds up using a magical disguise that makes her gigantically obese. We're talking wider than she is tall while being above six feet. Her stomach is described as an avalanche of rolls, her breasts grain sacks and her chins uncountable. And she gets enormously off on being so noticeably huge, musing that she wants to do it for real when the war is over.

https://books.google.com/books?id=mzvyxRsxiloC&lpg=PA423&ots=aETas3WoyT&dq=malazan rucket grain sack&pg=PA423#v=onepage&q&f=true

That's a little more overt than I would have imagined.

hs.gif

• Curvage Model
On 4/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, >_< 0_0 said:

I dunno comics that well, but I’m an anime expert. My favorite ecchi series right now is a manga with a long Japanese title that American publishers shortened to “Fat Elf.” It’s about several women from a fantasy world that don’t know how to diet and eat too much Earth food. Each one gains a different way, but my favorite is the dark elf 😏

image.thumb.jpeg.087909ef06028be1659b2cb09568dac7.jpeg
The best part is that while they’re all trying to lose weight, I swear they’re slightly curvier every few chapters.

I need to recreate this thong situation pronto!!

5 hours ago, UrushUnRama said:

That's a little more overt than I would have imagined.

hs.gif

In another book in the series, there's a girl who's been kidnapped by an apocalypse cult to be their messiah. She shows up several books later, having decided that the apocalypse will come from hedonism, over the dividing years having become an immobile blob who does nothing but eat, smoke pot and have sex.

57 minutes ago, Batman76 said:

In another book in the series, there's a girl who's been kidnapped by an apocalypse cult to be their messiah. She shows up several books later, having decided that the apocalypse will come from hedonism, over the dividing years having become an immobile blob who does nothing but eat, smoke pot and have sex.

In other news, it's simply a Witcher-styled WG/BBW Dark Fantasy erotica without the name, so it may pass as mainstream. 😂