Share your memories from the old forum

Garlic

Hey everyone. I haven't been as active in this latest iteration of the forum. For no particular reason, I've just been lurking without posting much.

I guess I was most active just before thing happened with the FatCelebs.com(I could be misremembering the exact name) board. I went by a different username back then.

I was wondering does anyone know if the guys from way back are still around from time to time? And if anyone has any interesting stories about what they remember from back then. There was some guy always correcting someone's grammar(which was always funny) and making funny poems. Serendipity (if that's how to spell it)

Then there was that one guy @vennie who always seemed really reasonable but random people roasted him, for seemingly no reason. It always seemed Kinda absurd. So much so that it became a bit of a running gag to make threads just to shit on him for a few days.

The admins of old just seemed to up and leave and I often never understood why.

SHARE YOUR STORIES TODAY! CASH PRIZE FOR THE BEST STORY!*

*Best story will not receive a cash prize. There is no cash prize.

@Master WG I still am really reasonable, and still get roasted from time to time. Mostly by @KFD haha.

I think the guy with the poems you're talking about is Wilan, who suddenly dissappeared some 2 years ago. The community has speculated he is in jail. Or eaten by a cannibalistic Austrian.

Atlya has a falling out back when @S77 took over. He didn't like the new management so he left. We don't either, but we stay for the good money. We often call him SS77 instead of S77. Yes, it's that bad.

The likes of @Chapman and @stolemy_hat have reached an advanced stage of their natural lives and so their arthritis makes it difficult to type these days. Though luckely they are still around. Who knows for how long.

Mark, or once called Phalloidium, oh boy, that's a whole other story. Once King Phalloidium of the entire FC kingdom, he tripped when getting up from the throne, when his crown fell off his head, bumped down the steps where one of the beggars, S77, suddenly looked down upon it. Greedy bastard that he is, he yelled "MY PRECIOUSSSSSS" and ran off to build a new Kingdom. Poor old Phalloidium, henceforth known as simply Mark, now roams the streets of a certain Canadian metropole, hunting after fatties in the IT sector.

There are other, better, stories about the other moderators, but I'll leave them to my collegues to add here.

20 hours ago, vennie said:

I think the guy with the poems you're talking about is Wilan, who suddenly dissappeared some 2 years ago. The community has speculated he is in jail. Or eaten by a cannibalistic Austrian.

I remember whenever someone left the FA community, without notice, we would often joke about how they’d ended up in prison, opened a bakery in England or died. I’m pretty sure this particular trope started in a Kelligirl thread with regulars getting tired of newbies asking where she’d gone (after all, she had already been gone for years at the time of the thread)

And yes, Phalloidium, Wilan and Atlya were the three names I was thinking of but couldn’t quite remember them. I wonder where they are now..... hmm

peehaps one is dead, one is in prison and one opened a bakery in England :P

• Moderators

I think about the old forum from time to time. I've been a moderator since 2007, how time flies :)

I'm trying to remember the name of the one girl, I think it was Amber Lynn or something like that. Anyways, she and her one friend (don't remember her name) arguably were some of the pioneers of making this forum into the more social place it is today. We used to have a single "off topic" board; her frequent posting led to the creation of the Chit Chat board. She'd ask all sorts of "what's your favorite..." and " what's your hobby/interest" kind of questions. I found it annoying then, but I appreciate it in hindsight because it made the site feel like a community.

I also remember when all the big time members (the ones listed in this thread) posted photos of themselves, had to be 2006 or 2007. It was so cool to see what everyone actually looked like, it also added a personal touch to the site.

I do miss some of the regulars from the early years. Jessica, Choco, Julia, the list goes on. So many nights spent chatting on MSN Messenger :D I appreciate how open people are online today, it used to be a lot harder to get to know someone it you only knew them online.