how do girls want to be talked to?

I was in a 10 year relationship only to have my girl leave me for someone else... I guess I got too comfortable and didn't court her enough :(

Anyways I don't know how to talk to someone new for the first time due to me being with one person for so long... I could really use some advice.

How do girls want to be talked to and how do we keep their interest once we get them to talk to us?

Your thinking is completely ass-backwards. Girls don't want to be talked to. Have a conversation instead, just like you would with any other human being you're not attracted to. Whether or not you can keep their interest is up to the chemistry between you two.

One thing to try and get a conversation going better is to ask about the other person. Most people like to talk about themselves. I've used this method in my business and it really helps. No reason why it won't work in a potential relationship.

I have a difficult time imagining a relationship that drags on for 10 years but ends because you didn't "court her," but whatever.  How did things even last that long?  Did she "court" you, or was this a one-sided expectation?  Relationships are a two-way street, and it's 2018 for spaghetti's sake.  Courting can be fun, but it has to be mutual and free of the constant superficial bullshit (like spending lots of money on gifts, dinners, vacations, etc.).  For my money, being comfortable around your partner to where you're not constantly trying to "win" them is the WHOLE FRICKIN' POINT of a long-term relationship.  Lasting relationships are built on a mutual desire to do/build things together and to take care of one another. If you have good "chemistry", have fun together, take care of one another, and make long-term plans together, I really don't know what else a partner could want. Courting... feh. 

Also, don't waste time on people who want you to be something your not.  That doesn't mean you don't constantly strive to improve yourself; if you're a shit person, work on that before getting into a serious relationship. But self improvement should be on your terms, based on what you value.  Find someone who helps you be better, rather than someone who criticizes you for things that you suck at, especially if those are things you don't even value.  

1 hour ago, mickloud said:

I have a difficult time imagining a relationship that drags on for 10 years but ends because you didn't "court her," but whatever.  How did things even last that long?  Did she "court" you, or was this a one-sided expectation?  Relationships are a two-way street, and it's 2018 for spaghetti's sake.  Courting can be fun, but it has to be mutual and free of the constant superficial bullshit (like spending lots of money on gifts, dinners, vacations, etc.).  For my money, being comfortable around your partner to where you're not constantly trying to "win" them is the WHOLE FRICKIN' POINT of a long-term relationship.  Lasting relationships are built on a mutual desire to do/build things together and to take care of one another. If you have good "chemistry", have fun together, take care of one another, and make long-term plans together, I really don't know what else a partner could want. Courting... feh. 

Also, don't waste time on people who want you to be something your not.  That doesn't mean you don't constantly strive to improve yourself; if you're a shit person, work on that before getting into a serious relationship. But self improvement should be on your terms, based on what you value.  Find someone who helps you be better, rather than someone who criticizes you for things that you suck at, especially if those are things you don't even value.  

maybe she loved him?

Maybe. 

That said, she walked away from a 10 year relationship for someone else, presumably over "courting."  I don't know exactly what "courting" means in 2018, and perhaps I wrongfully assumed the more outdated, materialistic and patriarchal definition of courtship.  If by "courting" she simply meant that she wanted to see that he was serious about taking their relationship to the "next level" (marriage, domestic partnership, children, etc.), then I don't know.  Either it never came up, in which case the blame is on both parties, or it did come up and he wasn't able to give her what she wanted. 

Maximize your physical attractiveness, walk like your worth a million bucks. Be cocky and charming and always keep the conversation focused on the girl, don't talk about yourself. And most impotently hit on tons of women, its all a numbers game. Use tinder and bars/clubs to make sure you always have options. Check out Girlschase.com of your serious about getting good, playing with fire is another great pickup resource with a focus on tinder game. Whats more impotent than how girls want to be talked to is the man talking to them. Getting sex is all about out-competing other men, aim to be the sexiest guy in the room. Check out Brett Maverick and AlphaM on youtube, follow their advice and you'll be a handsome devil in no time ;)