Adulting

Guest BlasterMaster

Guest BlasterMaster

This is my first attempt at writing anything since college. If it sucks, sorry.

Laurann Johnson was seated in a hallway with several other applicants waiting to be interviewed. Laureann has always hated her name, she thought it sounded like she belonged on a farm, not the name of someone who works in a tech company. The bright blue streak in her naturally blond hair, visible tattoos and nose piercing were her way to show the world she was no cowgirl. While Laurann never cared too much about looking “sexy” her beauty was undeniable. Her baby blue eyes, angular face and curvaceous build would turn heads no matter how tattered her t-shirt and cardigan. Laurann was more bookish than her appearance would let on, preferring a bottle of wine and a good book to just about anything.

For her interview she wore a pencil skirt and a cuffed short sleeved blouse with a black pearl necklace. Her hair braided in such a way to make her blue streak a braided headband She thought she looked modest and mysterious, perfect to set herself apart from the ill fitting suits and clip on ties worn by her competition.

After an hour the room had begun to clear as the candidates were called one by one. The door opened once again and a short woman wearing a pair of distressed jeans and a Ramones shirt,  looked at a her clipboard and called “Laurann Johnson.” “YES!” Laurann said to herself as she gathered her sling bag.

The interviews were being held in a conference room, a long table with lots of chairs, side table with bagels, coffee, juice, muffins, doughnuts and all manner of breakfast treats, but surprisingly there was no “technology” to be seen. The woman in the Ramones t-shirt introduced herself as Charlie and motioned for Laurann to take a seat. Charlie offered Laurann some of the breakfast snacks and Laurann happily obliged. She had always had a sweet tooth and could never resist a doughnut.

Charlie started “So, what makes you interested in working at Werx.” 

Laurann had been practicing all week for this interview. She had learned all about Werx, makers of the most popular fitness tracking bracelet on the market. They had taken the market by storm with their self charging technology which was able to use the bodies own energy to power the device, no need to charge or even use batteries. 

“I want to start by saying, I LOVE my Werx. I actually backed the Kickstarter.” Laurann began, “But the real reason I want to work at Werx is because of all of the great things the company has done with it’s success.

“I admire how the company has championed not only fitness but body positivity and health at all sizes too. I saw that Werx was hiring and I immediately put in my two weeks notice and applied here. I know it might sounds rash, but I feel like I was meant to work here.”

The interview continued but it felt more like two old friends catching up over coffee and pastries. The two talked about the company, music, their favorite shows and much more, but apart from their personal chemistry Charlie was very impressed with Laurann. She had a positive attitude, a contagious laugh, she had all the pertainant experience, and seemed like she would fit the office culture quite nicely. After nearly an hour the interview was complete and Charlie was sure she found her new personal assistant. That wasn’t one of the jobs she had intended to be interviewing for, but Laurann didn’t have the technical knowledge for the coding and engineering positions. She shook Laurann’s hand and said, “We have a few more interviews to do, but if I were you I would be expecting a call very soon.”

Laurann was so happy she almost squeeled. She thanked Charlie and walked back into the hallway, which by now had almost emptied. She gave a sly smirk at the last few candidates as she walked out the door to the office, she had crushed this interview! She immediately called her boyfriend Niko to tell him the good news. He offered to take her to her favorite restaurant to celebrate. “Absolutely!” Laurann told him, as she let out a small burp. She suddenly realized that she wasn’t hungry, “I must have had a bit more of those pastries than I meant to” she thought “but I always have some room for some Trazini’s!”

Charlie went back to the conference room, as she sat back down and felt a slight twinge in her stomach. She must have gotten so wrapped up in the conversation that she snacked more than she noticed. Charlie took the opportunity to call it a day and let her HR staff finish the interview. She looked at her Werx bracelet to see that she had consumed over 1,200 calories in the last hour, “Better hit the elliptical for a bit” she thought to herself, but there was still plenty of work to be done, so instead she decided to just go back to her office to review some budgets. She grabbed one more bagel from the table on her way out, “I will just make today my cheat day” she quietly said to herself as she made her way back upstairs.

Guest BlasterMaster

Laurann arrived at Trazini’s, a small Italian bistro around the corner from her apartment, and seated herself at a table. Arriving during the afternoon lull, she had the restaurant practically to herself. The only activity in the restaurant was a few blue-haired old women chatting and a waitress refilling their waters. The waitress soon made her way over to Laurann’s table and asked what she would like to drink. 

“I’ll have a coke and an iced tea for my boyfriend who will be here shortly.”

The waitress scribbled on her pad and left. She returned with the drinks right as Niko walked in the door. He was a tallish, dark haired with a long straight beard. He was handsome and well build but not overly so, better looking than most but no model.

Niko leaned in for a kiss then sat down across from Laurann. “Well tell me about this interview babe.”

Laurann could barely contain herself, she gushed about how cool Charlie was, and how well they got along. “It really feels like fate!” She exclaimed as the waitress returned to take their orders. Niko got the Chicken Parmesan and Laurann decided to just get a salad since she wasn’t very hungry from all of the pastries.

The two chatted a bit more until the food arrived. Laurann picked at her salad, but found herself being jealous of Niko for his order, it looked and smelled so delicious. She finished her salad quickly and munched on some bread sticks while she waited for Niko to finish. He got about 2/3 through his plate before he pushed it away and said, “Well, I want to eat more, but I don’t know where I would put it! I guess I had better get a to go box.”

Niko started to raise his hand to summon the waitress, but Laurann stopped him. “There’s only a bit left, not even worth saving. I will just finish it up for you.” Niko agreed and asked for the check when the waitress came to refill their drinks. Niko paid and the two started making their way back to Laurann’s apartment.

“Ugh why did you let me eat so much!” Lauranne moaned as she sat down on the couch.

”I wouldn’t call a salad and part of a chicken parm that much food.” Niko replied.

”I guess you’re right, I forgot about those pastries I had during the interview.” Laurann rubbed her belly which was pushing hard against the fabric of her pencil skirt. “I am going to go change, I will be more comfortable then.”

Niko gave her a wry smile as he sat down beside her, “I can help you out with that.” He reached over and began undoing the buttons on her blouse. He kissed her hard as he undressed her. As they kissed she let out a small burp and blushed, Niko laugh and said “Nothing like a garlic burp to set the mood” as he began kissing down her body, he unzipped the pencil skirt to reveal a pair of thong underwear with cupcakes printed on the front. “Time for dessert,” he joked as he pulled the underwear to her ankles.

Laurann had never felt so aroused before. Her taught stomach would flex and tighten as Niko kissed and licked between her legs. He had always had a talent for oral sex but this feeling was beyond anything she had felt before. She felt so bloated and uncomfortably full, but this added to the enjoyment somehow rather than diminishing it. The shivers of pleasure coursing through her body mixed with the pain in her over filled belly was almost too much to take.

She orgasmed twice before Niko finally pulled back and began taking his clothes off. She couldn’t bring herself to stand, her legs felt like jello, so she rolled over to relive some pressure from her stomach and Niko grabbed her by her waist and inserted himself from behind. Laurann could feel the food sloshing back and forth in her stomach, it made her slightly nauseous but it felt too good to stop. “Faster, faster!” she screamed as she came again before his body convulsed and pulled himself out and crumpled to the floor out, breathing hard. Laurann leaned forward, collapsing face first into the couch, tilting her head to the side to try and catch her breath, her mind foggy.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlasterMaster

It was approaching 7 o’clock when Charlie noticed the radial clock in her office wall. For the CEO of a tech company she liked to keep her workspace very low tech. Sure she had a desktop and an iPad on its charger in the corner of the room, but she always preferred paper to a screen. The stacks of budget spreadsheets and project folders littered her desk and floor.

Her fitness tracker buzzed her wrist and displayed the message ‘Remember a good work/life balance is important for your mind and body. It will take 25 minutes to get home with current traffic.’

“Easy for you to say, you don’t have deadlines!” She said to her watch. But it was probably right, between the budgets and the interviews she was pooped. Better check in on the programmers and head home for the night. She grabbed her tattered KISS sling bag, threw her iPad and a couple of project folders inside and started toward the stairs.

Charlie went down a flight of stairs to get to the basement where the Werx servers were kept and the programmers did... honestly lord knows what those screwballs get into down there. Today the door had a sign reading ‘Quiet, adventure in progress.’

Charlie rolled her eyes and pushed the door open to find most of her technical staff wearing wizard robes and wielding plastic swords standing around a table screaming in what sounded like a foreign language. Pizza boxes and sodas covered a round table that was surrounded by her CTO, VP of Technology and several low level programmers.

“You’re flanked, that provokes an attack of opportunity!” Ted yelled.

”I have my goggles of the owl equipped, so I am immune to...” Bart exclaimed, stopping when he noticed his boss had entered the room.

Charlie shook her and asked, “What are you goofballs up to now, you know we have a deadline coming up.’

“We finished the patch a couple of hours ago, I arranged this gaming session for the crew to celebrate getting finished ahead of schedule.” Ted replied. “I sent you an e-mail about it.”

Charlie dug her phone out and scanned her dozens of notifications. Sure enough, Ted sent he the patch for approval. She looked at Ted and told him “Well, consider it approved!” She looked at the rest of the group and said, “Great work everyone! I guess that means my weekend of stressing over it is cancelled.”

”Why don’t you celebrate with us, having the boss in the trenches is good for morale,” Bart interjected. “After all, you paid for the pizzas and beers.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t know how to play,” the smell of pizzas hit her nose and her stomach growled, “but I guess I could at least grab a slice.”

Charlie didn’t understand anything about the game they were playing, she had heard of Dungeons and Dragons before but that was as far as her knowledge of the game went. But mood of the room was contagious, and when Ted said the evil wizard had been destroyed she cheered with everyone else. Her watch buzzed again and read, ‘A full nights rest is important for health and wellness, time to get to sleep.’ Is it really almost midnight?! She wished the crew a good night, and grabbed one last slice and a beer for the road and made her way to the hall. “All Hail Queen Charlie” they crew screamed as she left. She pulled up her Uber app and ordered a ride then looked to the stairs, which didn’t seem worth the effort and instead opted for the elevator. Her watch buzzed again, ‘Your Daily summary is available. Would you like to see it now?’

Hell No! She thought to herself and turned off notifications for the night. Her waistband dug into her tightened stomach and discretely popped the button to give her belly the extra space it needed after being stuffed with pizza and beer. She rubbed her taught tummy to try and ease the pressure. Yes, today is most definitely my cheat day.

• 2 weeks later...