This site is disorganized

JD23

1 hour ago, jb said:

less subforums, more defined categories, better structure?

Hi 

do you have any specific (non ambiguous) actionable recommendations? 

Ie: which sub forums should be removed? What category definitions should be used? How to make the structure “better”? 

Feedback is always appreciated 

i'm not the op so I shouldn't really speak for him

some minor gripes I've had though is that separating videos from pictures seems to be an arbitrary distinction since many picture threads contain videos and video threads can be completely comprised of pictures. A solution might be to merge all of the non-celeb forums into one.

Or maybe sort it by platform, aka youtubers, tumblrers, or instagramers.

Also the plus size model forum and celeb forum is arbitrary and almost never really adhered to. Maybe the categories could be public figures and nonpublic figures since people complain about what the definition of a "celebrity" is in every other thread.

Someone whose identity/personal information/social media should be protected would be a non-public figure. This is usually pretty easy to discern using common sense most of the time.

And the familiar faces forum doesn't get much use and the honor is given randomly. For instance Lucy Collett and Katie Cummings are the most popular women here by far, yet they are not recognized. It's also one of the most inactive subs, where threads go to die. Seems unnecessary.

Just some decluttering would go a long way. Using Stickies and megathreads instead of a seperate sub.

Fashion, Recipes, etc could just be a big thread. The less subforums = the better. People would be more apt to participate in certain sections if there's less to sift through on the main page.

What kind of throws me off about this whole thing is that we only have 1 sub form. 

Must be confusing Categories and forums as all forums are top level aside from paysite promotions.

• Moderators

The pics/videos separation is a throwback to the birth of YouTube and Dailymotion back in the mid 2000s. In our FatCelebs era, there was popular opinion that they should be separated, because the tech was crude at the time, and most people's Internet connections couldn't handle video streaming very well.

I agree that online media packaging and consumption has vastly changed/improved, and the line has become very blurred between choice of media format. The distinction made sense back then, but it does seem out of place today, just like that floppy disk save icon :)

I like the chaos ... it works, you sometimes get a nice surprise of a good video in a pic thread and vice-versa ... which if they were strictly segregated you would not get. After all they are all just multimedia files does it really matter if there is a little leakage between the types?

1 hour ago, WindAtYourBack said:

Users with 0 community reputation can suggest site altering changes here, and they’ll immediately be implemented? In that case, turn everything that’s red on this site blue please.

No actually the leadership team has been discussing changes for some time. We had a private meeting about the topic and aligned on some clean up.

• Moderators

99 % of the time I don't care about categories, forums or sub forums. I check all new stuff at activity - unread content and get a perfect overview of what happened since my last visit. :ph34r: As if I would wander through all the forums, searching for content by hand... :lol:

Guest Smithsonius

I can understand merging pics and vids for the 'women of curvage' sections as the OP's, content and subjects align close enough...

But dear god, why on earth did you guys merge general vids into the pictures section?! It's truly horific and is in no way the same setup. Seems to be a prevailing opinion from the above comments too... For me ~90% of the pics section is completely uninteresting, whereas I'd check out most of the general vids for new content creators.

If I'm now going to have to trawl through the mix, it's just going to drive me to other content agregators, to keep an eye out for new people in the community. Just means I (and I suspect more than few others) will end up occasionally checking through 'women of curvage' and the home feed for any new highlights and not much else because, effort.

We try to respond to feedback and be nimble enough to actually implement change with out loads of delay. However we don’t simply do things on a whim. Things happen after thinking through it and group deliberation. I will try to provide insight. 

We have been getting loads of feedback that there are just too many forums and it’s confusing. 

With social media common place folks are getting used to endless feeds with whatever all mixed together. So when they see our (antiquated) structure it actually seems disjointed and “disorganized” to them. They find themselves wondering why they have to look in so many separated places to find content. We get a lot of feedback about this. We even had a model quit because she was “too confused”. 

Older folks appreciate the separation and find it to be a form of helpful organization. 

The trouble is that’s its becoming quite challenging to please everyone. We certainly value our regular, returning visitors but we also need new members to succeed. 

It seems that the compromise in this case may be to keep some of the new merges but bring back the video forum in general section. 

Atleast that seems to be the direction I am gathering based on the feedback here. Please respond.

Yes, I'm for bringing the video section again as it seems to be an important distinction for many people. But I'm fine with stuff like the familiar faces being merged, that forum was long dead. At least this will stop people from shitposting on the Olivia Jensen thread as it won't be one of the only threads in the section.