This site is disorganized

JD23

22 hours ago, darthstuffer said:

Sorry I'm late to the party

I don't understand why Familiar Faces was merged with pics and vids, but plus-size models remain separate from fatcelebs... wouldn't familiar faces have been better served by being merged with these two forums? I really don't mind the pics and vids merger, it was a little difficult to differentiate the two at times anyway, but the familiar faces confuses me.

In general my biggest problem with the mergers was it makes finding the threads I checked regularly in the 'less popular' forums much harder to find now because these merged forums are now over-saturated with content that a single days worth of updates and posts now take pages to go through.

That's just my two cents but I do have a question...

Where was the announcement of the upcoming changes? I understand the administrators discussed it privately, I take no issue with that, but to make changes as drastic as the ones taken without notice to the community... I'm sure you can see why that was jarring to so many and where there is so much discussion about 'confusion'. It's nice that I see I've only completed 33% of my profile after all these years of being a member every day I log in now, but that space could have been better used to notify me or link me to a thread where I could see what and when everything was changing.

Was there a post made for upcoming changes that we all missed? In general I think this transition could have been handled much better and instead of getting feedback after the fact, perhaps it would have been better to get it up front even if people disagreed. Perhaps next time large scale changes are going to take affect post a notice in an easily accessible area that it can't be missed. If you did that and I missed it I'm sorry I didn't see it, but also, where was it?

Hi @darthstuffer

This is actually really good feed back. Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts. I have found that announcements that are posted receive very little readership. You can see in the screen shot provided that posts up for over a month get less than 500 views. Virtually not read at all relative to the number of users hitting the site. 

To your point though, I suppose for the few (likely yourself included) who actually read announcements, this information might have alleviated some of the minor confusion.

Our roll out plan for the 2 forums that were merged are as follows:

• Define that opportunity, as discussed publicly in this thread.
  • Align with the leadership team on a solution
  • Execute proposed change and monitor
  • Measure success via a public feedback poll (which I will be setting up shortly)
  • Evaluate

8F55738D-FF98-4279-BA67-6993CC600D76.jpeg