Am I Hypocritical?

biserious

Hey, first post

So I'm bi woman and it was actually my kink for curvy girls and stuffing that helped me realize my orientation. I'm mainly into bloated bellies and prefer girl's anywhere from thin to the low side of overweight, since seeing the bloated belly is probably my biggest turn on. Though my ideal woman is a chunky pear shape. I love reading stories about skinny girls who gain weight, watching stuffing videos, and, though I feel weird to admit it, hearing my friends complain about having a full belly after a meal or gaining weight during college turns me on. Last year, one of my suite mates packed on the pounds real fast and one night had one too many drinks and had the button of her jeans pop off, and I had to restrain myself from staring, yeah...

However, I, myself, am a fitness nut. It wasn't always like this, in high school I mostly lazed around and ate whatever, granted with god tier genetics to never gain weight, most teenage girls deepest desire. I was also extremely sick in high school, and finally got better when I started college. Since I wasn't in constant pain anymore, I decided giving the gym a go. And holy shit I fell in love. I love being skinny and the feeling of being fit more than a lot of things. I also have desensitized tastebuds and sense of smell due to my disease, so food doesn't nearly give me as much enjoyment. Hell I go to the gym six times a week now. Towards the end of my first year I tried stuffing myself, to see if I'd rather gain weight than stay fit, but all it did was make me feel nauseous and repulsed with my body, and that's when I realized that my kink is entirely about other people's bodies, and I genuinely crave the opposite of my own. It's not even internalized fatphobia, as I don't feel superior as a result or look down on people for not working out and tracking their calories like I do. Granted I am aiming for a curvier body, my butt has gotten bigger and I've gained ten pounds of pure muscle (still borderline underweight though), but not the type of curvy I'd want to date. I know I will always look down and want to see abs and look across and want to see a belly if I end up with a girl.

Am I hypocritical if I refuse to gain weight with a partner? Is the dynamic different since I'm also a girl vs. if a chubby girl is with a fit man? What are your guys' experiences?

Your situation doesn't sound terribly unusual to me, @biserious. I've noticed quite a few guys (and some gals) on this site describe similar preferences--myself included. I think you're in good company. And welcome to Curvage, by the way. I hope you'll chime in often!  :D

Oh, and if you're into stories about slim, fit college gals overeating, chubbing up into potbellied pears, and complaining about their situation all the while, you might enjoy this one that I posted last year: The Slowest Champion -Revisited- (The Curvage thread about the story includes some fun discussion, but the version on DeviantArt is a bit more polished, featuring additional edits I can no longer make to old posts).

Guest Vladimir Putin
6 hours ago, biserious said:

Hey, first post

So I'm bi woman and it was actually my kink for curvy girls and stuffing that helped me realize my orientation. I'm mainly into bloated bellies and prefer girl's anywhere from thin to the low side of overweight, since seeing the bloated belly is probably my biggest turn on. Though my ideal woman is a chunky pear shape. I love reading stories about skinny girls who gain weight, watching stuffing videos, and, though I feel weird to admit it, hearing my friends complain about having a full belly after a meal or gaining weight during college turns me on. Last year, one of my suite mates packed on the pounds real fast and one night had one too many drinks and had the button of her jeans pop off, and I had to restrain myself from staring, yeah...

However, I, myself, am a fitness nut. It wasn't always like this, in high school I mostly lazed around and ate whatever, granted with god tier genetics to never gain weight, most teenage girls deepest desire. I was also extremely sick in high school, and finally got better when I started college. Since I wasn't in constant pain anymore, I decided giving the gym a go. And holy shit I fell in love. I love being skinny and the feeling of being fit more than a lot of things. I also have desensitized tastebuds and sense of smell due to my disease, so food doesn't nearly give me as much enjoyment. Hell I go to the gym six times a week now. Towards the end of my first year I tried stuffing myself, to see if I'd rather gain weight than stay fit, but all it did was make me feel nauseous and repulsed with my body, and that's when I realized that my kink is entirely about other people's bodies, and I genuinely crave the opposite of my own. It's not even internalized fatphobia, as I don't feel superior as a result or look down on people for not working out and tracking their calories like I do. Granted I am aiming for a curvier body, my butt has gotten bigger and I've gained ten pounds of pure muscle (still borderline underweight though), but not the type of curvy I'd want to date. I know I will always look down and want to see abs and look across and want to see a belly if I end up with a girl.

Am I hypocritical if I refuse to gain weight with a partner? Is the dynamic different since I'm also a girl vs. if a chubby girl is with a fit man? What are your guys' experiences?

Well, let's celebrate difference. Sometimes opposites attract. There's not much more to it.

i have asked myself the same question as i feel very similar to you regarding body preferences. i find it really sexy to have my partner gain weight, become overweight and a bit beyond, be unfit and continue to feed her with delicious food but i'm very aware of what i eat and do try to keep myself in rather good shape. i have tried and experimented gaining and i didn't find it specially arousing, so, hypocrite? don't thinks, hypocrite would be to say i like fat girls and date a fitness instructor, just a different view and tastes i say. 

15 hours ago, riptoryx said:

Your situation doesn't sound terribly unusual to me, @biserious. I've noticed quite a few guys (and some gals) on this site describe similar preferences--myself included. I think you're in good company. And welcome to Curvage, by the way. I hope you'll chime in often!  :D

Oh, and if you're into stories about slim, fit college gals overeating, chubbing up into potbellied pears, and complaining about their situation all the while, you might enjoy this one that I posted last year: The Slowest Champion -Revisited- (The Curvage thread about the story includes some fun discussion, but the version on DeviantArt is a bit more polished, featuring additional edits I can no longer make to old posts).

No way, I read the first couple chapters of this story a year ago, but lost it and could never find it again!! Great writing, dude!

18 hours ago, biserious said:

Hey, first post

What?  Even you didn't have underlying medical conditions that affected you biseriously(hur, hur) limiting your ability to gain weight, you still wouldn't even come close to being a hypocrite.  If you have any partner - female or male - who is either naturally fat or is intentionally gaining and they take issue you with you wanting to remain fit, then they aren't worth any form of a commitment....and I'd suggest you dump them pronto.

Trying to impose your own personal preferences onto anyone else is a crappy thing to do....so maybe if you get married you'll outlive them?  Whoa, what a sacrifice on their part.

The best pillar of any relationship is loving someone else for who they are and who they want to be....and if you can't, then move the heck right along.

Anyone seeing you as 'hypocritical' would be a judgmental douche and shouldn't be given the time of day, IMO.

• 1 month later...

I don't think so. I am of the mindset that you like what you like (this is of course excluding non-consent attraction). I personally am into extremely skinny guys. Girls I don't have as strict of a preference. However, I am very fat. I too wondered if I was being a hypocrite by not being into fat guys, but I realized I wasn't. It might be societal conditioning, but it is what it is.