What counts as chubby/fat?

PhatCat

More and more I've been seeing photos of slim girls posted here, and these girls are often mentioned as chubby/fat/starter belly/having gained weight/etc. These are often girls who are in conventionally good shape and aren't the least bit overweight. Occasionally some of these girls are the skinny and curvy type, where they just have a good bone structure but little body fat. The "starter belly" girls are really just slim with a healthy female shape. Sometimes it's just girls wearing clothes that make them look bigger than they are. These posts remind me of the skinny girls I know who complain about being fat. It ignores what actually is overweight for a woman.

I don't think there's anything wrong with slim girls, but it seems very wrong to me to call them what they are not. Skinny girls without much muscle tone are being called chubby. Healthy girls with toned stomachs that stick out a little are being called chubby. That's just not fair to the skinny girls or the actually chubby girls. I fear that someone who is actually fat will see these slim girls being called fat and feel worse about themselves for it. The slim girls need love too, and I don't mind if they get love here. But this just isn't realistic. I think we here need a better understanding of the female body and know what a slim girl actually looks like. A 30-year-old should be heavier than a skinny 18-year-old because of the way the female body is meant to mature. Pronounced hips and a stomach that sticks out a little doesn't mean a girl is chubby. It can describe a girl that's slim, fit, healthy and shaped like a female human. I think we need to be better about this and have better standards than the fashion industry for the wide range of base body types for women.

On 11/04/2018 at 1:47 AM, riptoryx said:

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but maybe putting overmuch focus on "standards" is part of the problem rather than part of the solution?

So it's okay to call someone who is underweight "fat"? That's what's giving curviness such a stigma so that underweight women think they are too fat. When I'm seeing men here support that view, it really disgusts me.

Nah, man. The notion I was trying to convey was: maybe it's less the labels (skinny, chubby, fat, curvy, etc) that are the problem and more the underlying compulsion to categorize and to rank. That's why I think maybe just trying to herd folks into following some different variation of those categories that better aligns with your own preferences (rather, than, say, encouraging a more self-assured laissez faire attitude towards subjective judgmentalism generally) isn't likely to be a game-changing solution.

But, my own kinks tend to revolve around playing with some of these very taboos and their associated "negativity," so...what do I know? No doubt my ideas and preferences "disgust" plenty of folks. I'll just show myself out...

it's funny how the mind works, noone should be concerned about labels as such, i don't care if my girl considers herself thick of skinny as long as she has a nice belly or the other way around, beauty is just that and is the eye of the beholder. it is really unpleasant to hear a fairly fit lady worried about losing weight because someone called her fat. what does it matter.