Some academic researches

lightgainlover

Guest fishmish

Summary of first article:

Is feederism an exaggeration of normative mate selection preferences, i.e. do feedists have exaggerated arousal to stimuli that is mildly arousing/desired by the general population? 15 men and 15 women were subject to sexual, neutral, and feedist stimuli. While there was a heightened genital response to sexual stimuli versus neutral stimuli, feedist stimuli produced no significant difference in genital arousal. However, participants' subjective ratings of sexual arousal report that feedist stimuli was more arousing than neutral stimuli but less so than sexual stimuli.

--My personal criticism: here's an example of a "feeding story" they used:

"We met a month ago at the office when he started as the new account manager. We occasionally made small chat in passing and I was surprised when he invited me over for dinner. As I enter his apartment, the smell of fresh bread and spice overwhelms me. He rushes back to the kitchen where he is stirring a pot. He smiles and asks me to come in and sit while he finishes up. He is making pasta and homemade sauce. I walk over and peer into the pot he is stirring. The deep red sauce is thick and I can see that he has laced it with fresh herbs and meat as it laps against the sides of the pot with each stroke. He turns and cuts another Italian sausage. The knife pierces the skin and juice runs onto the cutting board as he masterfully cuts it into equal disks. He holds a piece on a fork out to me:‘‘Careful it’s hot.’’I pull it off with my teeth and the juice runs over my tongue as I chew. He tosses the rest into the pot and stirs it a bit more. Cupping his hand under it, he holds up the spoon and brings it to me. I taste the spicy sauce as I slip it off the spoon into my mouth. It is delicious. I try to decipher the different spices he has used: basil, garlic, and something else. He takes a taste as well and closes his eyes. He looks at me and smiles:‘‘It’s ready!’’ He goes to the sink and drains the pasta and the steam swells up over him. He places my meal down on the table in front of me and I hold back the urge to devour it instantly. He quickly turns and goes back to the kitchen and pulls out the fresh bread from the oven. I am delighted. He brings it to the table and breaks it open. Steam escapes from the ends. He sits beside me and smiles. He lifts his fork with pasta and sausage on it and puts it to my lips, ‘‘Bon appe´tit!’’ he says."

I would consider this story neutral. As a legitimate feeder, I must say this story is hardly arousing. Just an average dude cooking dinner for a date with his girlfriend.

Non-feedists often end up way off the mark. They either think a feeder wants to tie their partner up and stuff them to immobility, or they thinks it's a simple matter of cooking a good meal and just watching their partner eat. As if it's the chomping and munching that's the big turn on.