Funniest Weight Loss Myths

biserious

As a a girl, especially a college aged one, I'm privy to alot of conversation regarding weight loss and controlling weight. As both a FA and a fitness enthusiast it can be really funny listening to some of the tips and tricks these girls share and believe. Plus, seeing as their fake, all they do is cause denial and more weight gain, which in itself is fun.

Some of my favorites are:

Acai Bowls are healthy and somehow reverse the effects of the bender they went on that weekend (their glorified  frozen yogurt, great micros (vitamins and stuff), but so much sugar)

This one girl, who started to develop a double chin, believed she could eliminate it with "chin tightening" exercises which were just her moving her head up and down and patting it with the flat back of a brush (oh spot reduction)

But yeah spot reduction in general, doing fifty crunches does not magically remove belly fat, eating less insomnia cookies at 3am does

Having one cheat meal a day is okay so long as you eat super healthy at the other two balances it out

"Carbs are Evil" (Bruh most maintenance diets require about 40% of your calories to come from carbs, but whatever floats your boat. All it leads to is you craving them and binging them that weekend)

Lattes are some how not worth a whole meal of calories in a cup

Extremely common at college, somehow the only alcohol with calories is beer???

Not exactly a myth, but just general lack of reading food labels will always be funny to me. I sometimes buy double stuffed oreos at the campus store as a treat and share them with my friends. They were making fun of me for only eating two until I said, "Dude, two oreos is 250 calories" and then they just kind of realized exactly how much they just ate . Doesn't stop them from doing it again next week though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's kind of sad. A majority of fat people just want a cheap fix to lose weight, but that just ends up making them either gain it all back or gain more.  I personally hate exercise and loving eating so I realize my fate is just going to be a fat person. Unless I do portion control and exercise, it is just a given that I will stay fat. 

Plus, it is generally genetic where people distribute their weight. The "chin curls" as you said, unfortunately, can't do anything. They do have this treatment called Kybella to get rid of it if you go to a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist, but who has the money for that elective surgery? Apparently, it is $750 a bottle and you need 2-3 per treatment. Yikes. I assume it kills the fat cells, which would just make others in different areas get larger when they gain weight.  That's why liposuction isn't a good way of losing weight either because you just gain the weight back and look disproportionate. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vladimir Putin
On 5/2/2018 at 3:05 AM, biserious said:

But yeah spot reduction in general, doing fifty crunches does not magically remove belly fat, eating less insomnia cookies at 3am does

My gf is a gym freak, but then she comes home hungry like a wolf and binges on unhealthy stuff. She would probably be obese if she didn't work out.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not a myth, but I love the gym i go to- they have pizza on Mondays!! Carb-licious!!

I tell any woman willing to listen that pizza isn't really that bad for you and more importantly, gives you energy.