bigger ladies look more mature (?)

It is quite often that I hear or read statements that bigger ladies tend to look more mature, as in looking more "womanly" than "girly" earlier (even in late teens already) and being perceived as middle-aged earlier as well. What do you guys think about it?

Personally, I think there is a grain of truth in this, but it's sort of double-edged. Out of my experience - and in my perception - BBWs tend to look more womanly earlier and sometimes they indeed can be taken for being, say, in their 40s when they barely entered 30s, but I think this is actually because they also tend to look younger later on - I mean, plumper skin does not wrinkle that easy and overally plumper face and body looks more youthful in comparison to the slightly "dry" look slimmer women get when they get older. So while a 30 yo skinny lady may look somewhat younger than a 30 yo fat lady, a 50-60 yo fat lady is very likely to look younger than her slim counterpart. At least that's how I see it.

Would you agree with that? And if so, do you actually like this effect? I have to say I do - I especially like the body of a BBW looking more "matronly" so to say, with bigger and more saggy breasts and similar features...

After you hit 65, its actually healthier to to hit the "overweight" bmi range so to speak, at least that my plan lol, so older women who have a couple extra pounds tend to fair better than skinnier women. But yeah, in high school the girls who were naturally just a little heavier tended to go through puberty first and still have more developed bodies. Plus it has something to do with out association with being young and skinny so have some weight on you definitely can make people assume you're older than you are.

As for middle age, the majority of women in the United States are overweight, and it is a fact "fat" ages you faster as it stores a lot of toxins and taxes your body, plush extra mass does sag sooner, creating more wrinkles. There will always be exceptions, and while I find most of these women still attractive, I do admit the extra pounds cause more rapid aging.

A big reason you may notice the dried out appearance in the women who are still skinny and in that age range is that they all lived through the 70s and 80s where excessive tanning and using cigarettes to diet were common. It's more likely an over reliance on those two methods of weight control that cause the dried out look, as all the personal trainers I know or even certain older celebrities who are that age look great as they didn't use these two techniques to "beautify" themselves.

Plus your preferences could be influencing how you perceive them in terms of attractiveness and youthfulness, I know mine do 

Well, take also in the account the fact that I live in Poland - things are a bit different here in terms of beauty culture and food as well (there was basically no fast food here until early 1990s).

Still, it's definitely true that tanning is a major contributor to looking "dry" in old age but basically most of slim women I've seen about 60 have somewhat stringy necks which often betrays their age even if they do what they can to look younger, tanning not being a factor. Can't be sure about how many of them smoke cigs though. Still, my perception is that plumper necks fare better then - and being plump does the trick then, not necessarily fat, but obviously both give the same effect. 

Also, I think it may depend on WHEN a given lady got fat. I mean, I'm not 100% sure but I think that women who were plump/fat all their lives or at least already before menopause fare better in terms of looking younger - mostly because they have more subcutaneous fat. Meanwhile, ladies who were slimmer before meno but got fat during or after it tend to gain differently, a bit more like men, which means more fat around organs and in the belly and less under the skin, thus not providing the effect of making the skin less wrinkly. And storing more toxins because AFAIR it's mainly the visceral fat that stores toxins and is pro-inflammatory. 

Also, not sure how it is in US but here many men, as they age, tend to have an increasingly pro-chubby preference regarding women, unless of course they ignore their peers completely and focus on teens and 20somethings. But even then they often focus more on chubby ones - still, it may be related to perceiving them as an "easier" prey, maybe. Again, can't be sure. 

it depends on the age i think. your younger ladies the definitely look older being heavier, real women have curves, a 30 year old weighing at 120 pounds hey that teenage weight range... something is a miss i say, and for older people, being obese that old age usually takes a toll and that will make you look older than your age or than that fit female, part of the game i guess.