Shoe tying stuggles

Guest Jakgrag3

Guest Jakgrag3

My girl is getting pretty close to 300lbs, and among other changes, she's really complaining about how hard it is to put on and tie her shoes.

Does anyone have any tips for a fat girl to get her shoes on?

Yes, put them on for her. Really. She'll feel like royalty. Explain to her how being able to help her makes you feel closer to her. If you like her big, minimize the negatives of being fat and reinforce the positives. 

• 2 weeks later...

definitely, minimize the negatives is the way to go, otherwise a fast diet will probably come... one way it to help her, another one is to get her shoes that are easier to put on, probably a bigger girl can give better advice than me, just a few ideas

• 2 months later...

hiya, my wife's been obese most of her life, currently at 308 pounds but has been as much 350. First of all she lives in sandals and slides even in the winter. Saves her bending down which is where she struggles both  getting up and breathing. being so heavy though some times sturdier strappy walking type sandals are better for Support. . I do have to help  her undo the straps though and then all she had to do is kick them off. We also have a little caravan type step thing that helps her to get closer to her feet if she has too. Also as the other guy said you will need to help her with these struggles to allow  her to enjoy her experience.  Also be ready to help her with walking and support if she needs to don't run a head make sure you adopt her speed, she will morw then likely begin to slow down