Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow
On 3/19/2016 at 6:05 PM, lovelymeow555 said:

There's a little teaser for the start of the weight gain scenes. I'll sum things up here:

The blonde in the track suit is a former Olympian trying to use her has-been status to earn favors around her hometown. The brunette is the up-and-coming talent that threatens to dethrone the blonde, so in a subversion of a training montage, the blonde is taking on the role of a 'coach' so she can sabotage the new girl from getting her glory. 

Unfortunately that's the only clip I could find, though the film has an entire weight gain montage that has visible results. Here are some words from a few reviewers analyzing the film:

"Hope is more interested in sabotaging Maggie than in coaching. She encourages Maggie to eat junk food until her belly bulges in her leotard, gives her marijuana smoothies, and generally tries to corrupt the ebullient, God-fearing girl."

"Hope instructs Maggie to spend her workout sessions “visualizing” her maneuvers (instead of actually practicing them); practically pimps her out to the nearest horny teenager she can find (an inversion of Coach P.’s “no boys” rule); and takes her around to the unhealthiest junk-food establishments in town until the poor girl develops a beer gut."

"plying her with fast food, Avril Lavigne albums, and a near-mute boyfriend until she’s but a shell (a pudgy shell) of her former herself. If Hope can’t win, no one can win."

"Hope’s “training” is designed to ruin Maggie (getting her overweight, urging her to have sex, ultimately feeding her pot smoothies), so Hope will continue to be her town’s sweetheart."

"She insists that her protégée eat all sorts of junk foods, which she says, “Will help bulk you up,” but of course results in Maggie gaining too much weight."

"A few dozen hamburgers and milkshakes later and Hope is well on her way to derailing Maggie's career, which is funny to watch but doesn't exactly endear her to you in any way"

Nobody has anything yet on the whole movie, the weight gain scene should be fantastic though. 

They did upload this new scene that comes before the weight gain scene if thats any consolation - you can see the massive plates of food behind her, and when they get back to the table, the blonde barks, "Eat!" 

So there's that.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Moody said:

Thanks! Is there any similar shows?!

I think there is a Russian show that features an woman who gains and loses weight, I've seen stuff from it on YouTube but can't give you the name.

That is the only show off the top of my head, if I learn the name or thinks of any more I'll let you know.  But I encourage you to go through this entire thread because I think that Russian show was posted about before as well as many more examples.

6 minutes ago, fan2000 said:

I think there is a Russian show that features an woman who gains and loses weight, I've seen stuff from it on YouTube but can't give you the name.

That is the only show off the top of my head, if I learn the name or thinks of any more I'll let you know.  But I encourage you to go through this entire thread because I think that Russian show was posted about before as well as many more examples.

OK! Thanks for your help! :)

Guest gawman123456

The actress who gains in The Bronze (Haley Lu Richardson) posted this to her Instagram. It isn't much, but for people who haven't seen the film, I think this is what to expect.image.png

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow
8 hours ago, gawman123456 said:

The actress who gains in The Bronze (Haley Lu Richardson) posted this to her Instagram. It isn't much, but for people who haven't seen the film, I think this is what to expect.image.png  476   777.5 kB

The character is pregnant at the end of the film, so its not neccessarily from the weight gain scene.