Need Help Writing A Story

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

Hi guys. I am considering writing a story about a thin (reasonably attractive) young undergraduate girl who decides to don a fat suit as a way to earn money for her rent. I wanted her to be surprisingly calm about the whole experience, while at the same time being mildly excited about it. The researchers for the sociology department tell her that it'll be extremely realistic, giving her the appearance of weighing over 500 pounds (she can be around 5'5 in height). I was also considering making her a sociology major, giving her the opportunity to earn units/credits or just research experience in her field by doing this experiment.

My question is, what should the conflict be? I'm just spit-balling some ideas out there. How can I improve this story idea/concept? I want some input/help on expanding this story idea to make it longer, and also better.

It's a funny-sounding idea that I've never seen anyone else do. The trick is to get into the head of the protagonist. I think the best conflict would be the protagonist's hesitation, that is, on one hand she needs the money, on the other hand she absolutely would not want her friends and/or family catching sight of her as a 500 pound woman, so she has to tactically maneuver herself to the grocery store, gas station, etc. all while trying to fit herself into tight spaces and not bumping things too much (which she will, and attract unwanted attention). Maybe she gets spotted by a girl in highschool that she hated! Worse yet, the sociologist professor in charge of the study might want her to do increasingly "risky" behavior: going to a bakery, tanning at the beach, visiting a sauna, etc. After a few of these things happen, another conflict might arise: a guy tries hitting on her. What would happen if he found out she was actually skinny? Would she have feelings for him? Would this affect her real body? This might work.

Here are few thoughts to help:

Consider making her a graduate student. This will help your plausibility in a number of ways: the institution can bring her on new to conduct the research project and can aid her in getting her set up, identity, covering for her if there are any mishaps with the suit, etc. Secondly, it’s more likely to get research funding for a project like this. 

Second idea is that at least one conflict could be her slow absorption of ‘fat’ behaviors. At first it could be to be believable in public, but then slowly adopting fattening choices in private—if she’s always wearing a fat suit, what’s the incentive to stay thin underneath if no one notices anyway? As she privately balloons under her suit, she might start to become worried about the real life changes happening that only she is aware of. As the years of graduate school go by, the suit might even naturally lose a little of its volume—though being replaced with real fat at the same rate underneath. By the end of the multi-year experiment she unwittingly has become the thing she is researching—taking the fat suit off in the end is no change at all...

Along the way you might have conflicts wherein folks might be ‘concerned for her health’ or refuse to make accommodations for her size, or cute guys that don’t give her the time of day—and legitimately document the pains of being that size for her credits. She might get a date or two and be frustrated by good fashion options. This all could be frank, interesting, frustrating for her, and add to her anxiety about getting legitimately larger under her suit day by day, binge by binge. 

Thoughts? Fun idea!!

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

Here's what I wrote up last night. Any additional ideas and feedback are appreciated. I will take into consideration the three comments this page has so far. I would also love to hear more ideas/suggestions for improvement of this story.

The Sociology Experiment

Sarah was your average college senior. She was roughly 132 pounds at 5’5. She is a sociology major, hoping to graduate this upcoming year. There is just one major roadblock she faces, she lost her grocery store job. Sarah was a cashier at a grocery store, but she chose to quit in order to better focus on her schoolwork. Sarah knew that paying her rent and utility bills would pose an especially large barrier to her getting her degree this year.

So, Sarah scoured high and low to find any sort of opportunity to earn money. After about a week of searching, she saw a sign posted outside the financial aid office, where she had just exited. She was shocked to see that it was a paid experiment, through the sociology department. It had the little pull-off slips of paper at the bottom of the flyer so you could take the contact info with you. Sarah enthusiastically took a little slip, not having read the details of the flyer in full. She quickly returned home, to where her laptop was charging on her bed.

Once home, Sarah ran to her bedroom, and frantically opened up her laptop. One thing emphasized on the flyer was that space was limited, and it was first come first serve. Sarah quickly typed in the web URL into the search bar of Safari on her Mac. One the page had loaded, Sarah rushed to click ‘I Agree’ to the Terms and Conditions of participation in this experiment. The next page detailed how the experiment would be conducted. This was the first time that Sarah noticed that this experiment required its participants to wear a very large, realistic fat suit. It took Sarah a minute to fully grasp that she agreed to be part of an experiment where she’d have to dress up in a fat suit for a few months.

After Sarah had accepted what she had signed herself up for, she continued down the page to see what the compensation would be. According to the site, all participants were to receive a monthly check of $2,000. Sarah gasped. That’s more than triple what she made at her old grocery store job.

“Okay, this can’t be too bad. The pay is really good. I mean all I got to do is wear a fat suit for a few months. Big deal. I’ll be like Gwyneth Paltrow in that one movie.” Sarah thought to herself.

At the very bottom of the page was the time and place where the participants were to report in order to be fitted for their fat suits. The time was the next day at noon, and the place was a conference room on the 2nd floor of the sociology building. Sarah was familiar with this room, since she was a sociology major after all.

Sarah slept early that night, excited at the prospect of making $2,000 each month for a few months. She woke up at 11:00, ready to go make some money. She got herself ready, showering and brushing her teeth. She got into her car and drove to the nearest parking lot to the sociology building. When she arrived at the room where she was to report, she noticed about five other people there, all women. Sarah took her phone out to check the time: 11:59am. She wondered where the researchers were, and how this was all going to work.

Then, suddenly a person in a white coat opened the door to the conference room and simply called out a name. One of the girls raised her hand, and the researchers simply told her to come with them. About an hour past before the girl returned to the room. When she came back, she was dressed in her fat suit from the neck down. Her fat suit was huge. The only part of her that didn’t look fat was her face. As she sat down, she had to maneuver her body to fit onto the chair properly. Even then, a good portion of her hips still hung off the edge of the chair.  The researchers called another girl to go with them.

All the people in the room, including Sarah, were staring at this girl dressed in a fat suit. Then finally a tall, brunette wearing high heels and a maxi skirt asked her, “So what happened? What did they do to you? Did they say anything?”

“They just took some measurements and said this is a rough sketch of the final fat suit that I’ll end up getting. And then they told me to come back here and wait until all the participants were done getting fitted.”

The girl in the fat suit was wearing different clothes than the ones she came in with. She came in with a maxi skirt and a crop top, but now she was wearing legging that fit over her fat suit, and a knit sweater.

“Are we all going to look that big after we’re done? How fat do you think she’s supposed to be in that thing, 400 pounds?” The same girl in the skirt and heels asked.

Once the second girl returned, it was clear that these fat suits were going to be huge. The second girl looked noticeably larger than the first girl. She sat at the opposite end of the conference table from the first girl. Then the researchers called the girl with the skirt and heels to go with them.

“Let’s see how enormous I’ll look after they’re done with me.” She said to anyone who cared to listen. And as she left, the girls in the room all continued to look around the room, then back down to their phones.

When the outspoken girl returned, she looked to be the biggest one so far. Her suit prevented her from walking correctly. She also had to turn herself sideways just to enter the room.  She instead waddled and had great difficulty sitting on the conference table chair. Her butt was just too big with the suit on. She finally got herself onto the chair, but her butt was barely covered by the seat. She sat quiet.

Finally, the researchers called Sarah to go with them. And from there, Sarah finally got to see what was in stake for her. She entered a room where a man told her he’d be taking her body measurements. He asked her to remove her clothing, so Sarah did. The man quickly measured her but told her to put on a hospital robe so she could enter the next room for fitting. When Sarah got into the next room, they placed a mold over her head. The researchers also found a fat suit that fit her the best. Sarah noticed that this was the biggest fat suit she had seen so far. It was bigger than the last girl’s and all the girls who came before. It would prevent Sarah from walking through a front door without turning to the side. And from the looks of it, her stomach appeared to go down to her knees. So, Sarah returned to the conference room, struggling to walk inside the fat suit. Her rear was so large that it could hold up plates.

Once she got back to the room, Sarah did her best to sit on one of the chairs. It took her about two or three minutes to situate herself on the seat properly, given her new proportions. Sarah tried to use her phone, but the ‘fat hands’ proved a new challenge. She also had to look over her large chest. She waited for the other two women to be fitted into their suits. The suits seemed to have leveled off in size after Sarah’s. After the last woman came in and sat herself down, the researchers came in and described the terms of the experiment. They told the women in their fat suits that they’d have to stay for about another two hours in order to get their current fat suits properly fitted and ‘finalized.’ According to the researchers, this was the final opportunity to back out of the experiment. No one left.

Sarah and the five other women went to a new room, where they’d get a makeup artist to put on their fat faces and finish their fat suits.

Once all the participants had their fat suits finished, the original clothing the women came dressed in were given to them, ready to wear over the suits. Sarah, who came dressed in a maxi dress and a jean jacket, received an enlarged version of these clothes. All the women were instructed to put on these enlarged versions of their original clothing.

Sarah put it on, and returned to the conference room, looking as if she really weighed 520 pounds. Once all the participants returned and sat down, they were told their first assignment. They were given a ridiculous requirement, to convince someone close to them that they were actually this fat due to a curse or a spell.

What do you want to focus about: about experiencing the everyday disabilities and benefits to be a 500-lbs woman within this society as a sociologist, just extrapolate more the schadenfreude or fetichist aspect of it or being less realistic and kind of build on a XWG fantasy-oriented narrative?

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

I want to focus on the everyday benefits/downfalls to a girl seeing the world as a 500+ pound girl. I was thinking that along the way she could interact with, or even hang out with, the other participants in the study

• 8 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:59 AM, FEEDERFATMAN said:

My question is, what should the conflict be? I'm just spit-balling some ideas out there. How can I improve this story idea/concept? I want some input/help on expanding this story idea to make it longer, and also better.

You want ideas, try on this for size, pun intended:

You could always go for magical realism. What if whenever she dons the suit she gradually starts noticing that people around here are fatter. Then it turns out that whenever she falls asleep with the suit on she gets sent to a slightly fatter world. By the fifth time she wears it it seems as if this other world is the fattest that it can be, but everybody is heavily overweight. 

While she's in the other world, her fatter version swaps places with her.

There are disadvantages and advantages to wearing the suit, and this could be a central conflict of the plot. If she wears the suit but does not sleep in it she remains in our world. BUT this risks her friends and family seeing her like that, in a fat suit, and even if it just a fat suit it could still be very embarrassing. On the other hand if she does not wears the fat suit she risks getting found out by the program (you could make a little subplot where she almost get caught without it) and not getting paid. There is also the risk of people seeing her fat doppelganger from the other world. This doppelganger could either be unaware of the "swap", or could be a main antagonist, or a golem (a lifeless but realistic substitute, like a magical robot made of fat or whatever).

Finally if she decides to don the fat suit while she sleeps but to take it off in the fat world then she risks the people of the fat world peer pressuring her into gaining weight. After all for them anyone under, say, 400 pounds, is unhealthy, so they could all conspire to fatten her up. BUT if she wears the fat suit she could still end up gaining weight, as it turns out that not only everybody overeats in that parallel dimension, but even the most innocent looking snack could be loaded with calories.

When the end of the study approached she finds out that even in our world people are getting fatter for the same reason that people in the fat world got so fat in the first place, say a new chemical that makes food last indefinitely but is very fattening.

This are suggestions. Though and I am tempted to write a story like this if you do not like the idea.

If you plan to take on this idea, a few tips:

1. Remember the log curve of fatness.

Many authors rush the "fattening" of the protagonist, they make her balloon instantaneously, but the fatter a person is, the more weight they have to gain for them to appear fatter. Make the initial gains, from 120 to 180 sloow, after that the process may speed up. Those initial gains, from thin to slim to normal to thicc to chubby to fat, are what fuels the main conflict and tension!

2. Be detailed on your descriptions. Don't just say. "And as Sarah stepped on the scale she could see the extra 20 pounds she had gained, her middle was thicker"

Instead write something like:  "And as Sarah stepped on the scale she could see the extra 20 pounds she had gained, her middle was thicker, a pot belly where a flat stomach hanged. An entire slab of fat encircling her middle and forming little creases at her plusher back side. She found that she could stick a succulent finger an inch deep into her sides. Her ass previously so tiny now was..."

You get the idea.

3. Do not just concentrate on the fattening. A good story is not just the "climax", a good story has a plot. The best erotica is that with actual characters and conflicts and tension, not just the minimum props and some basic scenery and then getting straight to the weight gain. Many themes are tried and tired. Humiliation, submission, indulgence, while these themes make an important part of weight gain literature they are more like seasoning that meat. The best stories, like say Marlow's Potluck, contain a supernatural element, the reason being that  this adds a pinch of the exotic, the unusual. This is the meat of the plot. Good weight gain stories are not weight gain plus a story, they are a story plus weight gain.

300px-Binary_logarithm_plot_with_ticks.svg.png