High-waisted vs low bikinis

PhatCat

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on high-waisted bikinis that cover the belly versus the regular lower style that sits under the belly? I'd love to hear thoughts from both men and women.

It seems like the high-waisted bikini has replaced the tankini as the two-piece swimsuit for self-conscious women. I preferred the tankini, as they often show off the lower belly and usually emphasize how big someone's belly is, while the high-waisted bikini holds in belly fat, though large bottoms often makes the lower half of the torso look larger.

My girlfriend, who is quite slim, is threatening to get a high-waisted bikini or a one-piece swimsuit, and she has been a regular bikini girl her whole life, even when she used to be borderline obese as a teenager. She pointed to some high-waisted bikinis and one-piece swimsuits saying that they're really cute and wants to get them instead of her skimpier bikinis, and it seems like she's losing confidence in her body and thinks she is getting fat. When she used to actually be really thick, she didn't notice how big she was. I personally find any swimsuits other than low-cut bikinis to be a turn-off, since to me they show a lack of confidence and are really unsexy, especially since they are a missed opportunity to wear something that shows off the whole belly. High-waisted bikinis look like a diaper to me.

Does the desire to high-waisted bikinis mean anything other than a lack of confidence in one's body?

Guest MX8XV93

If it's a confidence issue, you should definitely convince her to go with the regular bikini.  Maybe:

1. Ask her why she's changing preferences now all of a sudden, which could lead to a conversation about weight (if you think that would work out well)

2. Reminder her that you always thought she looked stunning in a bikini and couldn't get enough

3. See if you can get her to try on both, and let her know that the regular bikini looks much better (without reference to weight).

In cases where it is not a confidence issue, however, I think high-waisted bikinis/underwear can be quite attractive.  I like larger bellies, so a bright high-waisted bottom emphasizes how large the belly is relative to the butt (even if it doesn't show the entire belly).  By grouping the belly with the parts immediately below it, it also (in a subtle, psychological way) sexualizes the belly.

I can't say the same for one-pieces though... Never my thing...

9 minutes ago, aspartamedoublesgains said:

If it's a confidence issue, you should definitely convince her to go with the regular bikini.  Maybe:

1. Ask her why she's changing preferences now all of a sudden, which could lead to a conversation about weight (if you think that would work out well)

2. Reminder her that you always thought she looked stunning in a bikini and couldn't get enough

3. See if you can get her to try on both, and let her know that the regular bikini looks much better (without reference to weight).

In cases where it is not a confidence issue, however, I think high-waisted bikinis/underwear can be quite attractive.  I like larger bellies, so a bright high-waisted bottom emphasizes how large the belly is relative to the butt (even if it doesn't show the entire belly).  By grouping the belly with the parts immediately below it, it also (in a subtle, psychological way) sexualizes the belly.

I can't say the same for one-pieces though... Never my thing...

Thanks for the advice. I get what you're saying about how grouping the belly with the parts below it making the belly a sacred sexual part of the body too, but I've always found bikini bottoms that sit very low by far the sexiest. I think the look of an elongated torso is sexiest (and longer often looks slimmer too). Seeing a belly button (especially a deep one) really does it for me. And having the vagina just below the top of the bikini bottoms is highly sexual. On a date I went some years ago, the girl wore low-rise yoga pants, under her soft round belly. She taught me why low-rise is so sexy. She would never have been able to put my hand where she wanted it with high-rise pants. Low rise is such an invitation, while high-rise just seems so closed off, but not like a one-piece. At least with high-rise pants you can unbutton and unzip them. With a high-rise bikini it's just so closed off.

My wife always wore tiny string bikinis with triangle tops.  They looked great.  Even when she started to pack on th lbs. as well as being at her heaviest she wore them just in way bigger sizes.  Fast forward she still wears bikinis but the bottoms have more material on the sides around the love handles and she tends to have them fluffy type material this to draw attention away from her fattened belly and love handles and the tips are a lot more material....granted she wears a 36DDD or 34E bras.  I have told her to wear the string side bottoms which clearly look sexier even if she was 50+ lbs. heavier than she is now..... it she says that is not appropriate at all with her weight.

So I know what you mean to a degree.....a tank on top and some small bottoms would look hot on her because it would help hold on her Fat juggs....but I do love to see the strong top bikini squeezing into her back fat and over lapping it.

bring the Toni bikini back.   But I guess I don’t wear speedos😂

7 hours ago, Voluptuouslover said:

My wife always wore tiny string bikinis with triangle tops.  They looked great.  Even when she started to pack on th lbs. as well as being at her heaviest she wore them just in way bigger sizes.  Fast forward she still wears bikinis but the bottoms have more material on the sides around the love handles and she tends to have them fluffy type material this to draw attention away from her fattened belly and love handles and the tips are a lot more material....granted she wears a 36DDD or 34E bras.  I have told her to wear the string side bottoms which clearly look sexier even if she was 50+ lbs. heavier than she is now..... it she says that is not appropriate at all with her weight.

So I know what you mean to a degree.....a tank on top and some small bottoms would look hot on her because it would help hold on her Fat juggs....but I do love to see the strong top bikini squeezing into her back fat and over lapping it.

bring the Toni bikini back.   But I guess I don’t wear speedos😂

So is she still wearing bikini bottoms that sit under her belly, just with more material than string? Or are they coming up higher on her belly too now?

It is too bad the tankini went away. The tank tops were always made to be only long enough to cover a flat stomach. But the girls with bellies loved them because they thought they could wear them to cover their belly while still wearing sexy, skimpy bikini bottoms. Yet no matter how much they pulled the top down they could never cover their belly. They looked especially good when they couldn't even cover their belly button. I have the best memory of my ex trying one on and it made her belly look so much bigger than it was because it flared out. The embarrassed look on her face made me feel bad for her, but I loved it so much. She hesitantly ended up with a bikini that showed off her large belly bulge because it was the only thing that didn't emphasise it. High-waisted bikinis hadn't come into mainstream fashion yet or she sadly might have bought that instead because she really hated her lower belly.

Phatcat———.  She actually wears them below her belly button and they are slightly higher.  The best way to cure that is growth and lbs.  it was great to see her bottoms go lower and lower exposing more of her lower belly Fat.  I actually think when they are lower they are so much more flattering than even wearing them 2-3” below the belly button.  4-6” look smuch better on my wife in my opinion even though she has a sexy fat lower belly bulge and big love handles.....it really looks so much more flattering with them being that low.